Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm sitting in the GMIT lobby, just finished my first class. Today sucks, I'm in an hour, out an hour, in an hour, out an hour, in again and then home.

Out of context that'd sound very odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

That does sound like a load of b*llox alright. Why can't colleges actually work out a decent schedule so you're only in there from 10-12 each day? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Why are hospitals so bleeding depressing!!!
    The only person smiling in here is a baby crawling on the floor. Keeps crawling over to me.
    Gas little thing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Best of luck doddle, I'm sure it will go well. Let us know how you get on!

I'm currently printing out lesson plans for a class I don't think I even have, while waiting on builders. My house is very dusty and I have no kitchen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Some little toddler walked over to me, hands me his pack of snax, then as his mam came over, he lifted his arms to make me pick him up. When i did, he hugged me, kissed me and refused to go back to his mam. Cutest thing I've ever seen. Made my day :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Speaking of which, did anyone see the sunrise over the Liffey this morning? Absolutely gorgeous. I took some pics but can't post in work, but I'll try to remember to do it after band practice tonight....

This one isn't over the Liffey, but I grabbed one:
    5Q2Sk9_thumb.jpg

Some little toddler walked over to me, hands me his pack of snax, then as his mam came over, he lifted his arms to make me pick him up. When i did, he hugged me, kissed me and refused to go back to his mam. Cutest thing I've ever seen. Made my day :)

So cute!!!

kellief wrote: »
    So cute!!!

It was almost enough to make me reconsider my lack of desire for children... Almost!

Some seriously amazing portraits on this, Remis appears twice
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/mlew15/25-jaw-droppingly-amazing-portrait-tattoos-h0se

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Angron wrote: »
    I'm sitting in the GMIT lobby, just finished my first class. Today sucks, I'm in an hour, out an hour, in an hour, out an hour, in again and then home.

Out of context that'd sound very odd.

In at 9 and no other lecture 'till 1 then home. Only two hours total with three hours in between. So annoying. Also had no idea you went to GMIT as well!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

In at 9 and no other lecture 'till 1 then home. Only two hours total with three hours in between. So annoying. Also had no idea you went to GMIT as well!

Aye, I am. I have a day similar to that on Wednesday, in 2 hours, off 3, in for another 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Having a lot of fun trying to get my cheap-ass food processor to work. Looks like I'll have to make soup the long old fashioned way. :/
    If my DVD player hadn't packed in over Christmas I might stick on Rashomon-it's been sitting on my desk all year and I never bothered watching it since I bought it. I have an awful habit of buying books/DVDS and then never reading/watching them.
    Bad Chubbs! Stop procrastinating! >0<

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Second last day of my holidays from work today. I don't wanna go back!

Jesus, have you been off since before Christmas?

Been browsing through Remis' website. Some savage black and grey pieces here! I'm leaning towards him or Attila from Wildcat if I ever get the money together.
    Can someone put this right for me, though: Which Wildcat Ink does Attila work out of? I'd like to pop in and have a chat with him to determine cost and placement. Also, what's his bedside manner like? Is he chatty/quiet? Just some things I need to find out.
    Lastly, this isn't tattoo or piercing related but you guys always have a wealth of knowledge on the subject: What would you recommend to put on a small but very obvious kelatoid scar on one's breast? I was thinking of going down the Bio-Oil route in a bid to take the redness out of it but I find that stuff terribly greasy. :/

Afaik, nothing gets rid of keloid scarring. For reducing the redness, bio oil every day for six months or cocoa butter, rubbed in a circular motion is your best bet. Worked wonders on ny scars, but none of them are keloid

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Jesus, have you been off since before Christmas?

Nah I just had Christmas day and Stephen's day off, but I had 2 weeks holidays booked from New Years :)

That's almost as good :D

Afaik, nothing gets rid of keloid scarring. For reducing the redness, bio oil every day for six months or cocoa butter, rubbed in a circular motion is your best bet. Worked wonders on ny scars, but none of them are keloid
    Cheers, green_screen. I'll try that. :)
    In other news, I am extremely bored. Decided not to go into college today as my tutor is out and I would've been stuck in class doing nothing but word puzzles.
    Might as well be bored ****less at home. Candy Crush Saga is kicking my ass. I'm stuck on one of those goddamned levels were you have to get either 70,000 points AND get 5 ingredients. I keep running out of moves. Frustrating!

I had a post but it seems to have vanished. Anyone else find Boards is acting a tad glitchy today?

• Advertisement

Well looks like the worst is over and the bill will be worst of this injury thank fcuk.
    Slight bit of nerve damage done. Should heal quick but I'm out of rugby for a few weeks.
    Fcuking killin me when he said that

Well looks like the worst is over and the bill will be worst of this injury thank fcuk.
    Slight bit of nerve damage done. Should heal quick but I'm out of rugby for a few weeks.
    Fcuking killin me when he said that

McChubbin wrote: »
    I had a post but it seems to have vanished. Anyone else find Boards is acting a tad glitchy today?

Yeah, mine is being incredibly slow and posts aren't appearing for a few minutes after I've posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

about time

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

jenizzle wrote: »
    What kind of pork did you use? I find pulled pork to be a little fatty when I have it out, I'd like to have something leaner. I've put ham fillets and chickens in the slow cooker and they're fantastic, but I've yet to venture to pork!

Sorry for the late reply I'm kinda living between two places at the moment shiit is hectic :o.

I used pork shoulder it does have a fair amount of fat but you can either remove the fat before cooking or after cooking in the slow cooker the fat and meat are really easily seperated.

Haven't tried ham in it yet, pork is good. Love chicken out of it and I've made beef once which was amazing haven't had the slow cooker too long so still experimenting with it myself.

Don't worry marty, boards has been out of action all evening anyway :pac:

Evening guys. Wrecked! Mad busy in work again today. Day off tomorrow though. Training two or three people in Mullingar early next week, then after work on Tuesday I've booked a night in a nice hotel to cheer himself up because he's stressed with work.

All in all, week is going well so far. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

So walking from lecture to lecture has caused my left leg to become more painful and swell and also my right shin has started to hurt as well. Going to try get a doctor's appointment tomorrow. :( I hate doctors but I hate not being able to walk without pain and very noticeable limp more. In 'till four tomorrow and all. Although will most likely skip Spanish to go to the doctor.

On a bright note had my first Ethics lecture today and really liked it. There's too many of us in the class so some will have to leave but I am not going to be one of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Those on and off timetables are horrible you waste so much time. Even worse are the two or three hour breaks where you can go home and then once there, decide not to come back.

Not a problem for me anymore though. 9-5 everyday with one hour lunch. Thank God like :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

My sister had a 7 hour break in Trinity last year... absolutely nuts.

• Advertisement

And we're back! Fecksake, that was awkward...
    I'm going to dinner with my cousin tomorrow night. Debating on whether or not to take a drink. Haven't touched the stuff since New Years but I quite fancy having one or two quiet drinks. :/ I dunno...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement