Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Mine was to sort all the clothes in my bedroom... I failed... oh well... tomorrow is another day!!

green_screen, enjoy the dinner with himself!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Fcukin killing me that I can't play tomorrow it really is.
    I feel fine apart from not being able to move my index fingers because of the nerve damage :(
    Not a happy bunny right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

January wrote: »
    Mine was to sort all the clothes in my bedroom... I failed... oh well... tomorrow is another day!!

green_screen, enjoy the dinner with himself!!

I still haven't sorted my cleab clothes from a month ago, they're all sitting in the laundry basket. I found two bras in it that I forgot I owned. :o

Dodderangler, it might be killing you, but think of your family. It'd kill them a lot more to see you hurt yourself even further. Chin up mate x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Too early!!! Currently drying my hair and doing my make up while wrapped up under my duvet with the electric blanket on!!

kellief wrote: »
    Too early!!! Currently drying my hair and doing my make up while wrapped up under my duvet with the electric blanket on!!

I'm up, showered, hair dried and straightened, make up done, coffee consumed, uniform on, and I desperately want to go back to bed :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

kellief wrote: »

Now that's talent!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

First timeplaying a Gaa game in 7 years later today....this shall be interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

*big stretch and yaaaaaaawn*

Hangover free Saturday for the first time in around four months :pac:

Stupid rain :(

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

...working in westmeath Monday and Tuesday..

You in the same place as last time? Might bounce up with herself and have a natter. :D

Working last night, not a whole lot of people in, but there was ructions! We were kept going considering how few there was in. F**king piss-heads! :rolleyes: In again tonight. I'm guessing a bigger crowd so could be interesting. :pac:

• Advertisement

P.K.M. wrote: »
    You in the same place as last time? Might bounce up with herself and have a natter. :D

Working last night, not a whole lot of people in, but there was ructions! We were kept going considering how few there was in. F**king piss-heads! :rolleyes: In again tonight. I'm guessing a bigger crowd so could be interesting. :pac:

Yeah, same as before. Don't come near me on Monday if you can help it, I'm training a few people together so I'm gonna be stressed out :pac:

Jesus, is there ever a night without a fight?! My mate, who also works for my company, got his head kicked in last night in a club. Whole face is purple, swollen and cut to shreds, he's been signed off work for at least a week because he has a very bad concussion :-/ what kind of scumbag could do that to another person? :(

Yeah, same as before. Don't come near me on Monday if you can help it, I'm training a few people together so I'm gonna be stressed out :pac:

Jesus, is there ever a night without a fight?! My mate, who also works for my company, got his head kicked in last night in a club. Whole face is purple, swollen and cut to shreds, he's been signed off work for at least a week because he has a very bad concussion :-/ what kind of scumbag could do that to another person? :(

pub People outside of metalheads always fight. Go into a metal/rock club and never a fist thrown

pub People outside of metalheads always fight. Go into a metal/rock club and never a fist thrown

I was kicked around by a group of blokes in Fibbers when I was nineteen. :pac: I've seen equal amounts of fighting in chart music clubs and rock bars tbh

I was kicked around by a group of blokes in Fibbers when I was nineteen. :pac: I've seen equal amounts of fighting in chart music clubs and rock bars tbh

must be the head on ya so :pac:

must be the head on ya so :pac:

Pft, I've never had an issue in a club before or since then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Going out for Italian food after work for a friend's birthday. Just hoping I'll have enough of an appetite built up in time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Who was it that was saying they love Garth Brooks?

Apparently he's announcing a tour on Monday in Croke Park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I feel slightly sheepish admitting this but I used to *love* Garth Brooks when I was nipper. Then, when I turned 10 my brother handed me a KoRn album...

Yeah, will do...I've to go in Tuesday anyway, so it'll suit better.
    Jesus, is there ever a night without a fight?!

Rarely!! One of the fights was a guy, pissed, annoying 8 Polish (4 couples) and the lads turned on him. His own fault, but he was whinging they went for him first. Another was a couple arguing and another guy kept sticking his beak in. I told him and another bouncer told him...stay out of couple's arguments but he didn't and he got a few slaps for it. Another was a guy just out of his mallet, randomly going up to girls and annoying them. Til he annoyed the wrong group of girls and they turned on him. :rolleyes:

Some people... :pac:

PKM, your job sounds hard, Fair play to you for not letting it get on top of you. :)

In other news, the more I see of Atilla's work, the more I want him to ink me.
    I'm STILL waiting for my mother to pay back the €100 she borrowed off me last year so it could be a while before I get the funds up to scratch. Still, it's something to aim for...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Most of the hassle that was ever in fibbers was assailed that were barred and sneaked back in.Been going to fibs for 20 years and it was always that way.Raze is spot on..while you do get the odd scuffle it's not as bad in rock clubs as in ordinary clubs.

Just watched the series finale of Futurama.
    I shall now sit here in the corner sobbing from all the Freela feels.
    0006ya71

January wrote: »
    Who was it that was saying they love Garth Brooks?

Apparently he's announcing a tour on Monday in Croke Park.

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was me!!!!!!! You have made my day!!!

I'm so tired lads...lying in bed now, watching some supernatural, just wrote another blog post and mentally planning what I have to do tomorrow, which includes packing, doing my nails, helping dad paint the kitchen and napping!

Any nice plans for the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Up late tonight waiting for the boxing you tubing music drinking Jim Beam and abusing mates on fb happy days.

McChubbin wrote: »
    PKM, your job sounds hard, Fair play to you for not letting it get on top of you. :)

Cheers. Ah, it's just a job...I'm broke, I'm on Disability/Jobseekers the last two years, I have to do something. It's a stepping stone, a means to an end and it puts food on the table. Being called names doesn't hurt, I get verbal abuse most nights for one reason or other...I just don't take it personal. No point. :cool: Because on the other side, I have people telling me I'm the nicest bouncer there because I talk to people, I have the craic with lads and girls in there and they respect me all the more for it.

However, last night.....was funny! A good crowd in, nearly full to capacity...and not a single fight! Instead we spent the night prying couples apart. They were shagging everywhere they could, I don't know how many lads I seen getting BJ's in corners, under tables, in the toilets....it was mental! So at the end of the night, instead of picking up broken glass, we were picking up condom wrappers!! :D :pac: :pac: It was entertaining to say the least.

Curled up in bed watching telly and relaxing. So comfy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

However, last night.....was funny! A good crowd in, nearly full to capacity...and not a single fight! Instead we spent the night prying couples apart. They were shagging everywhere they could, I don't know how many lads I seen getting BJ's in corners, under tables, in the toilets....it was mental! So at the end of the night, instead of picking up broken glass, we were picking up condom wrappers!! :D :pac: :pac: It was entertaining to say the least.

sounds like a classy joint :)

I need to email skin city about whens best to go in for a chat about my sleeve.i texted them last week but they didnt answer.

I know he doesnt work in skin city anymore but i hear kris is leaving the country soon.i was hoping to get a tattoo from him after my sleeve.i might see if i can squeeze one in before he leaves

sounds like a classy joint :)

Aye! :pac: :pac:

Aye! :pac: :pac:

happens in every pub. Bouncing can be great craic or a nightmare, if you're laid back as you appear to be it is a fantastic little earner for minimal bother

• Advertisement

...if you're laid back as you appear to be it is a fantastic little earner for minimal bother

I am..and I think that's why I don't mind it so much. I've been told I'm so laid back I'm horizontal! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement