Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Went and joined reddit to see what all the fuss was about. Urgh. I hate the fact that there's a limit to how many times you can post in 5 minutes. :( Still, the AMAs are pretty entertaining...
    In other news: My mom made trifle! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

My dinner was yummy and the bf kept telling me how pretty I looked. That embarrassed me, but I liked it. He's not usually the affectionate type verbally :)

And, despite myself and my colleague doing quite badly most of the week on sales and coming nowhere close to our target, I destroyed the target over the past two days, so we went way over our weekly target thanks to my er, personality and charming nature (I can be sweet and friendly when necessary!) so we're getting commission tomorrow, woo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Always nice to get a compliment green_screen!

We almost had an escape artist today... my partners dad took a pretty bad stroke in October 2012 and spent last year in hospital. His mind is gone but today he went to the loo and only for me walking into the hall to put something under the stairs today he would have been gone out the front door without any of us noticing... he's never done it before so will have to keep a closer eye on him now.

Yikes. That happened with my grandad when his dementia progressed, and it's scary. Hopefully it'll be a one time thing, but he'll definitely need an eye on him more frequently. It's easy to sneak away, unfortunately. Hope you're all okay and not too shaken up

Yikes. That happened with my grandad when his dementia progressed, and it's scary. Hopefully it'll be a one time thing, but he'll definitely need an eye on him more frequently. It's easy to sneak away, unfortunately. Hope you're all okay and not too shaken up

It happened a second time only my mother in law copped it and opened the door just as he was reaching for the door handle. He acts surprised but I reckon he knows exactly what he's doing. She's locking the door now just to be safe. They don't live near a main road thankfully but he could get there within 5 mins if he wanted to and he doesn't understand the danger perception any longer and would just walk into the traffic... It's pretty scary... the only thing is the girls have taken to it really well and love helping their grandad get up off the sofa and stuff like that (he has no upper body strength left to push himself up off the sofa). They love 'looking after' him.

• Advertisement

He probably knows he's going out when he shouldn't, but probably has no idea of what he's planning to do or why, maybe juat trying to hold on to his independence. TThat's how it was with my grandad anyway, although obviously the situations are different.

Sounds like you have a decent support network, with the kids and family, which is the most important thing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

January, I think green hit the nail on the head. You are very lucky you have such a strong network around you.
    I'm currently doing shellac nails, then finish packing! I've to be up at stupid o'clock for work!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

pub People outside of metalheads always fight. Go into a metal/rock club and never a fist thrown

Nearly never :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

happens in every pub. Bouncing can be great craic or a nightmare, if you're laid back as you appear to be it is a fantastic little earner for minimal bother

Best way to be is calm and laid back. If you show some pr1ck one bit of anger or aggression towards him your likely to get the first slap or bottle.
    If you act calm and show no signs of anger or aggression and speak in a calm manor towards him then he's likely to relax and calm himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

And so the epic battle to get a Garth Brooks Ticket begins on January 30th!!!

• Advertisement

On a huge pancake buzz lately been making me all the time and having a lovely one now. Big fluffy pancake with chocolate spread and it's melting into it.
    I'd gladly get fatter for these things

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I have been walking around delighted all day about garth brooks announcement! Too excited!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

...the bf kept telling me how pretty I looked. That embarrassed me, but I liked it. He's not usually the affectionate type verbally :)

Nice to be told that from time to time though, eh? :)

Today, I got the crankshaft pulley I ordered for the Space Wagon. It's been sitting in the driveway rotting since October/November and I only scraped enough money together for the part last week. Anyway, as soon as DPD delivered it, I grabbed my tools and straight out to the car. Not as big a job as I thought. I was chuffed when I turned the key and the car started first go and all the warning lights went out on the dash. :D

Here's a pic, the one on the right is the broken one (obviously), it broke in half. The new one on the left. A quick service now and she's ready for the NCT.

289761.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Sooooooo good news is that Garth Brooks has released his Irish dates :D Much excitement in my world :)

Bad news, Andy Engel is booked up for two years and not taking any appointments any time soon :(

The universe just had to balance out my manic excitement today!!

gregers85 wrote: »
    And so the epic battle to get a Garth Brooks Ticket begins on January 30th!!!

I'm asking my boyfriend if he'd kindly ask his battalion to section off the street ticketmaster is on to ensure I get a ticket.

Unfortunately he appears disturbed/disgusted at my eagerness to see this country legend. *sigh* back to the drawing board!!

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    I'm asking my boyfriend if he'd kindly ask his battalion to section off the street ticketmaster is on to ensure I get a ticket.

Unfortunately he appears disturbed/disgusted at my eagerness to see this country legend. *sigh* back to the drawing board!!

And he wouldnt do it??? for shame!!! :pac:
    Is he an Army man?? my buddy's a captain, could sway him to give direct orders ;) :pac: haha

there is nothing but Garth Brooks on my newsfeed on facebook today
    I'd say its going to be next to impossible to get tickets :mad::mad:

I clearly have not trained in my man correctly for him to roll his eyes at my request. Dogs are SO much easier :pac:

Lol, yeah get your captain on him, he'd just LOVE me for that :pac:

Indeed, it'll be bloody to get tix. Think I'm going to max my phone with credit and start queuing early in the morning. Then I can refresh my internet once 9am hits and I should definitely get tix somehow.

What's your POA?

Himself would go in and rob Ticketmaster for me if it meant that much to me :p

Indeed, it'll be bloody to get tix. Think I'm going to max my phone with credit and start queuing early in the morning. Then I can refresh my internet once 9am hits and I should definitely get tix somehow.

What's your POA?

Dont really have one at the mo, ill be working the day they come out so ill be on me work computer trying my damdest haha I think friends of hers are talking about going to Queue at the ticketmaster office and text if there lucky

January wrote: »
    Himself would go in and rob Ticketmaster for me if it meant that much to me :p

You clearly have yours trained at expert level :pac:

Working at 9:30 that morning myself so might head in and start queuing at 6am.

Wonder should I bring the Akita muzzled?!? Might persuade some people to drop to the back :pac:

• Advertisement

You clearly have yours trained at expert level :pac:

Working at 9:30 that morning myself so might head in and start queuing at 6am.

Wonder should I bring the Akita muzzled?!? Might persuade some people to drop to the back :pac:

I've birthed him 3.5 kids (eta on 4th is April) so he'd want to be trained to expert level :p

Bring the "scary" dog (some people would be scared of it!

My boss's mate works for ticket master and he usually buys about 40 tickets to top gigs all the time at a heavy price but I will be giving him a call. He usually sorts me out or rings me when he gets the tickets with the price

My boss's mate works for ticket master and he usually buys about 40 tickets to top gigs all the time at a heavy price but I will be giving him a call. He usually sorts me out or rings me when he gets the tickets with the price
    Jammy fooker yu!!!

If he has 2 he'd like to sell to me i wont say no ;) :pac:

Had a nice aul' chat with pkm for about an hour in work. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Okay im sorry folks but the love for Garth fecking Brooks in this country baffles me, I'd rather be given a swift kick to the nuts than have to go to that :pac:.

Okay im sorry folks but the love for Garth fecking Brooks in this country baffles me, I'd rather be given a swift kick to the nuts than have to go to that :pac:.

I'm glad some body said it. I've been baffled for the last two days :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

People that are 18 are all creaming themselves about it. What the **** is wrong with kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Meh I enjoy listening to some of his music but the idea of a country and western stadium gig kinda baffles me

I'd go to see Willie Nelson any day of the week, in any setting, but Garth Brooks? He's like the Coldplay of country music :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I don't get the obsession either. Sure, "I've Got Friends In Low Places" is a good tune but I don't think I could face an entire night of it.
    On the other hand, Alan Davies is coming to Vicar Street in December! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement