Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

McChubbin wrote: »
    I don't get the obsession either. Sure, "I've Got Friends In Low Places" is a good tune but I don't think I could face an entire night of it.
    On the other hand, Alan Davies is coming to Vicar Street in December! :D

SO many of my favourite comedians are doing UK/Ireland tours this year but after may I've no clue what country I'll be living in so can't buy tickets. >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Just got an offer of a job in dublin, but kinda have an offer of a better one for the future but worse for now type in louth. May make some phone calls tomorrow before I respond :s I hate adult decisions

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Alan Davies is coming to Vicar Street in December! :D

Who???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Alan Davies... curly haired guy that loses on QI every week.

Also, Jonathon Creek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Rod Serling

I am a 21 year old and I am more excited to see Garth Brooks than Arcade Fire and Pixies the month before.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I am a 21 year old and I am more excited to see Garth Brooks than Arcade Fire and Pixies the month before.

Blasphemy! :mad:

Blasphemy! :mad:

Never heard one song by arcade fire or pixies

Pkm, I only insisted you follow through after telling me that I should wear make up because you were gonna take one :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Pkm, I only insisted you follow through after telling me that I should wear make up because you were gonna take one :pac:

Your lips are moving but all I hear is blah, blah, blah... :P :pac: :pac:

Hehehehe

Ah had to be done in fairness. :D

At least I had make up on this time :o

• Advertisement

Pi55ed meself watching this
    Love when something like this happens to little hard men in sport
    http://youtu.be/nNwtmW1JFLE

Yukon men is back on tonight
    Fcuk yeah.

Yukon men is back on tonight
    Fcuk yeah.

Watching Karl Pilkinton myself...love the guy, he's hilarious.

I never got into that lad at all.
    I know it's his job to just be a boring fed up gobsh1te. I laughed once or twice but never got into it

Is it just me or is the first 15 minutes of full metal jacket the funniest bits in a film ever

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Scotland is amazing!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Is it just me or is the first 15 minutes of full metal jacket the funniest bits in a film ever

Yeh its a great opener to a film!!
    Lee Ermey was a Staff Sergeant in the marines so Stanley Kubrick just let him off - a lot of his dialect is improvised!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Another film on my to-watch list. Never seen it!

I never got into that lad at all.
    I know it's his job to just be a boring fed up gobsh1te. I laughed once or twice but never got into it

Ah I like him. I like Ricky Gervais too. I used to hate him, but I think he's very good now.

Full Metal Jacket is amazing anyway, but yeah....it's brilliant at the start.
    kellief wrote: »
    Scotland is amazing!!!!!!

Scotland is class. I love Sterling and Loch Lomond!
    Ankhyu wrote: »
    Another film on my to-watch list. Never seen it!

What????? :eek: The shame!! I'd almost post my DVD to you to watch it! Amazing movie!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

I'm behind the times on a lot of well known films I'm ashamed to admit :p

Ankhyu wrote: »
    I'm behind the times on a lot of well known films I'm ashamed to admit :p

Tut, tut!! The shame!!!

2760-25222.gif

• Advertisement

This is gonna be a looooong day. One customer so far, last two days have been sh!te for my colleague. Hopefully it picks up because I have 4 cans of Monster here and am still ready to fall asleep standing up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I'm not a movie person at all... I don't think I've seen many of the movies posted on this thread at all :eek:

Hope the day picks up for you green_screen!

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

i made up a list of "must watch movies" and i made my wife watch them.she liked 90% of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Fun thing to do? Buy this book and attempt to watch all of them in the space of a year. I tried but I'm still way off. A trip to Laser Discs for obscure titles is surely in the pipeline, methinks.
    In other news, once again I am confined to my bedroom as I've been smoked out of the sitting room by the two inconsiderate gobsheites I live with. Don't think I can take another 3 or 4 years of this crap.
    My health is suffering from the second hand smoke but they just don't care. :(

I wouldn't personally smoke indoors but tbh I'd never ask my mother not to. It's their house, so their rules, much as you or I may not like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Fun thing to do? Buy this book and attempt to watch all of them in the space of a year. I tried but I'm still way off. A trip to Laser Discs for obscure titles is surely in the pipeline, methinks.
    In other news, once again I am confined to my bedroom as I've been smoked out of the sitting room by the two inconsiderate gobsheites I live with. Don't think I can take another 3 or 4 years of this crap.
    My health is suffering from the second hand smoke but they just don't care. :(

That'd be 2-3 movies per day... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

i made up a list of "must watch movies" and i made my wife watch them.she liked 90% of them

I'm kinda doing the same with the girlfriend although she's pretty good on her films, so bar the odd English speaking film I've been mostly showing her subtitled films she's loving most them so far. Saturday night was IP Man and tonight is IP Man 2 :).

Moving to dublin in the next few weeks. Goodbye liver, hello regular boards beers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

boards beers are great fun.

• Advertisement

Angron wrote: »
    boards beers are great fun.

I know this, I was going to boards beers when you were only knee high to a grasshopper!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement