Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Look at it this way, at least they're addressing it for her now, and not waiting for it to become a major problem. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

January wrote: »

I've calmed down a lot over the weekend, there's worse things for her to have and at least this is fixable. Yes, it's major surgery but I know Crumlin are fantastic and she'll be in the best hands. Still feel myself getting tearful sometimes though!

That's to be expected, but I'm glad you have confidence in the hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Look at it this way, at least they're addressing it for her now, and not waiting for it to become a major problem. :)

Exactly, they've been pretty on the ball anyway, since she was diagnosed a year and a half ago she has been on 6 monthly review at hospital and have always said that they'd catch it before it became obvious that she had a heart condition and they did. It is funny to think though that if we initially hadn't gone for a private appt we could still be waiting on her first appt publicly. There's an 18 month waiting list for cardiology appts in Ireland at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I'm lying in bed waiting for the thundering in my head to stop. I was hoping to go for a swim but don't think I'll be going.

Something just thumped in the hall door. I'm going to check. PRAY FOR ME

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

^^ No praying for me, but I could kill a chicken in your honour :pac:

• Advertisement

It was only the postman

I am such a scaredy cat

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Feckin postmen
    Who do they think they are walking into our gardens and giving us letters and bills and sh1t
    Cheek of them! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Got spot checked in work, which is fairly regularly done.

He decided to test me on my sales pitch this time, which has never happened. We generally just do our own thing because we know how to make sales.

But, I did it perfectly, right down to the exact words used in the sales manual. Thank fook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Off to the doctor. Hopefully I don't get saddled with the bad egg... :/

EDIT: Goddamnit! Damn surgery is completely booked up and the doctor I wanted to see is full up 'til Monday. Only one available is the girl who gave me the worst, most painful pelvic floor exam. I do NOT like her but I can't go to anyone else. :mad: I really need to get my ear sorted so I guess I'll have to suck it up and endure her presence. Damn! *kicks a chair*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

January all the best for your little one. Poor wee pet, but I always think it's better for them to get sorted earlier in life. Children are such resilient little beings, they can surprise you how quick they come around. Will keep ye in my thoughts (I don't pray ;) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

January well wishes for your little one, hard times.

Woke up late after night shift raging because I wanted to go the gym :mad:, with me living between two places at the minute and kind of living out of a bag been hard to get the gym and it's doing my head in :o, making sure I wake up early tomorrow after work and getting my ass to the gym only been getting the gym two times most weeks three if I'm lucky and trying to do bodyweight excercises at home to maintain, food is suffering aswell damn it.

Just move in with her and be done with it. :pac: see eeach other lots, more time to go to the gym, no living out of a backpack in your car, sorted. :)

Nearly finished work, only 50 mins left, thank fook. :)

Been asked to go work in another branch for all of the valentine's weekend because the staff there want to see their ohs. Owner automatically assumed I'm single, so asked me to do it. Quite an insult :pac:

Just move in with her and be done with it. :pac: see eeach other lots, more time to go to the gym, no living out of a backpack in your car, sorted. :)

Nearly finished work, only 50 mins left, thank fook. :)

Been asked to go work in another branch for all of the valentine's weekend because the staff there want to see their ohs. Owner automatically assumed I'm single, so asked me to do it. Quite an insult :pac:

I will be but not for a month or two till we find a place that suit both of us in a new area, then ill be changing gym and will be more settled until then pain in me hole ;).

Ah sure Valentines is only a loads bullshiit anyway ;).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

The man speaks the truth.

I will be but not for a month or two till we find a place that suit both of us in a new area, then ill be changing gym and will be more settled until then pain in me hole ;).

Does she live with her folks? If not, just land on her doorstep and refuse to leave til you find the new place :pac:

I know that, but it's pretty insulting that she assumed out of all 50-odd staff that I'D be the single one. :pac:

That said, himself is mad into valentine's day, so I guess I'll have to get him a present and act feminine for once. :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Admittedly that does suck GS.

I like buying him presents, so that part is all good, sure I do it anyway for no reason. It's acting feminine I take umbrage with!

I meant the assumption on the part of the boss, not the lovey-dovey part :pac:

Angron wrote: »
    I meant the assumption on the part of the boss, not the lovey-dovey part :pac:

Oh that. Sure she can work instead when I refuse to do it :) seems like fair punishment to me.

Does she live with her folks? If not, just land on her doorstep and refuse to leave til you find the new place :pac:

I know that, but it's pretty insulting that she assumed out of all 50-odd staff that I'D be the single one. :pac:

That said, himself is mad into valentine's day, so I guess I'll have to get him a present and act feminine for once. :o

Ha no but living were she lives now is not practical for me, so when I'm in work I'm at home when I'm off work I'm living with her basically. Ah a month or two well be living in Naas all going to plan and be sorted then and have the place ready and sorted before the munchkin arrives.

A bloke who likes Valentines day now that's a rarity.

• Advertisement

Ha no but living were she lives now is not practical for me, so when I'm in work I'm at home when I'm off work I'm living with her basically. Ah a month or two well be living in Naas all going to plan and be sorted then and have the place ready and sorted before the munchkin arrives.

A bloke who likes Valentines day now that's a rarity.

If she lived with her folks, I was gonna be a smart arse and ask are you naming the little one after the car you conceived him/her in, guess I can't do that now :p

Trust me to find the cnut. I'd rather just go get drunk, but noooooo, it has to be romantic :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I like valentines... :o

Don't tend to go over the top with it like some people, but just like to do little things to mark it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Valentines can be nice as long as you don't take it too seriously. I was going to say I hate having to buy presents but then I remembered I'm always single so it doesn't actually affect me. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I just tend to ignore Valentines. This year I'll be spending it in that famously romantic city, Dortmund. Laptop's finally beginning to crap out on me so probably time to invest in a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

In all my 26 years I've never once had a partner on Valentine's Day to shower with gifts and affection. I'm used to being alone but by jebus, the marketing for the day really makes me feel like it's some sort of crime to be a singleton.
    I usually take the day to treat myself to something nice like a book, DVD or a meal out by myself. Anyone else do the same?

Nah, I don't do anything out of the ordinary.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

valentines is my day off from being romantic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I love valentines, so many single girls :pac: in reality I never do anything for it as I never do we with someone for it and I fecking love it

I like valentine's! I've been with himself for eight years now and we have our anniversary, my birthday, christmas and then his birthday between October and valentine's, so we usually stay in. I'll make a nice dinner and we'll watch a movie. It's something to mark it usually!

I'm currently doing lesson plans and moaning about my migraine! Any of you up to anything fun?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

kellief wrote: »
    I like valentine's! I've been with himself for eight years now and we have our anniversary, my birthday, christmas and then his birthday between October and valentine's, so we usually stay in. I'll make a nice dinner and we'll watch a movie. It's something to mark it usually!

I'm currently doing lesson plans and moaning about my migraine! Any of you up to anything fun?

I'm watching Doctor Who...

Himself goes all out for Valentines... I can't say I'm as bothered but I'll get him a card. He'll make (or order in a nice Indian) dinner and I'll get flowers and chocolates and stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement