Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm growing a beard at the mo mainly due to not being bothered enough to shave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I want to see a man with a beard wear a monocle and a top hat. If someone could please be so kind as to indulge me, that'd be great. :D
    FYI: Tiger sells adorable party hats so there's no problem sourcing a top hat. The monocle on the other hand... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Sitting here pressing F5 like a woman possessed. I feel sick with nerves. This is doing my anxiety no good! Come on garth tickets!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

had the best surprise on tuesday.2 of my best friends both randomly came home from different parts of china on the same day.out of my closest group of best friends only 1 still lives in ireland so it was great catching up.it was the first time the 4 of us had been together in over a year and the other mate in the group came back for a short visit at christmas so i got to see all my buddies again.good times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Third date added kellief, so if you haven't managed to get tickets for either of the other two, try for the Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

there were piles of people camping out my local ticketmaster outlet since monday to get tickets.i should have turned up outside at 8.57 with my phone and bought one online in front of them and rubbed their faces in it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I stand by what I said on Facebook: Garth Brooks sucks, and country music is terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Angron wrote: »
    I stand by what I said on Facebook: Garth Brooks sucks, and country music is terrible.

And I stand by what I said on boards.
    Facebook sucks!

And I stand by what I said on boards.
    Facebook sucks!

More or less, yes. Removed a friend on it there after they changed their picture to a bald eagle and American flag, then started pissing and moaning about Obama stealing their rights or some nonsense.

Got tickets for Sunday. I don't think I have ever been this happy in my life!!!!

• Advertisement

More or less, yes. Removed a friend on it there after they changed their picture to a bald eagle and American flag, then started pissing and moaning about Obama stealing their rights or some nonsense.

Dammit they duk or jobs!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I love you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

I know there's a lot of fans of beard in here, saw this posted on White Dragon's Facebook and it is something I've noticed recently with more and more people some of my own friends included growing beards are they now becoming so common there uncool? :p Yeas are all a bunch of fecking hipsters :p:pac:.

1544433_1449299585286143_2139134818_n.jpg

I've had a beard of some description since around 1991. Beards have always been popular in the rock/metal community, therse hipsters will tire of it soon, especially that it's become so popular and clearly hipsters don't do stuff that's popular cos they're all so unique and against the grain :rolleyes:
    McChubbin wrote: »
    I want to see a man with a beard wear a monocle and a top hat. If someone could please be so kind as to indulge me, that'd be great. :D

I'll see what I can do :pac:

Lil stuck for money and my mate asked me to work on doors with him.
    What to do. What to fcukin do

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Ask PKM for advice :pac:

Ask PKM for advice :pac:

I've done it before but its that the gf won't let me do it.

Whoo-pah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

If you need the money that badly then I'd speak to the girlfriend and explain why it'd help, even for a while. I'd have reservations if my partner wanted to go back out and do security, especially retail where he was before, he was followed home a few times by the various scum he caught shop lifting and that was fine when we had no kids (well not fine but easier to handle) but now that we do I'd be very nervous.

But if we were desperate I know it'd be something that has to be done and would just tell him to be extra careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

kellief wrote: »
    I have been walking around delighted all day about garth brooks announcement! Too excited!!!

Any luck this morning?? I got tickets for the sunday concert! :D I'm happy happy happy

Edit: scratch that i see that you did!! woohoo ha :-D

Yeah we got them for Sunday too! Delighted!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Just seen this on Facebook

240,000 tickets sold out for Garth brooks in 90min,that's mental

Shame on the Irish people I'm cringing :pac:

I know we have been commonly called the Blacks of Europe does this now make us the rednecks of Europe?

We've commonly been called the Blacks of Europe? That's the first time I've ever heard that phrase.

We've commonly been called the Blacks of Europe? That's the first time I've ever heard that phrase.

Watch The Commitments!

'The irish are the blacks of eEurope. Dublin are the blacks of Ireland, and northsiders are the blacks of Dublin. So say it once, and say it loud - I'm black and I'm proud. '

Just seen this on Facebook
    240,000 tickets sold out for Garth brooks in 90min,that's mental

15.6 million euro made for Garth this morning with out even getting out of bed haha

Watch The Commitments!

'The irish are the blacks of eEurope. Dublin are the blacks of Ireland, and northsiders are the blacks of Dublin. So say it once, and say it loud - I'm black and I'm proud. '
    Ah right, yeah I've never seen that film so that would be why I'd never heard it I guess.

Watch The Commitments!

Yep and it goes back longer than that as well thought it was quite well known.

Possibly NSFW

Yep and it goes back longer than that as well thought it was quite well known.

Possibly NSFW

That's a first for me though, knowing something from a film. :D

gregers85 wrote: »
    15.6 million euro made for Garth this morning with out even getting out of bed haha

Jasus not bad when you put it that way, wonder if I start calling myself Cletus and singing and country and western could I jump on the bandwagon and make a few quid
    That's a first for me though, knowing something from a film. :D

Miracles do happen :p.

Jasus not bad when you put it that way, wonder if I start calling myself Cletus and singing and country and western could I jump on the bandwagon and make a few quid

Some folk will never eat a skunk,: But then again, some folk'll: Like Cletus the Slack-Jawed Yokel :pac:

• Advertisement

gregers85 wrote: »
    Some folk will never eat a skunk,: But then again, some folk'll: Like Cletus the Slack-Jawed Yokel :pac:

I fcuking LOVE that. Gonna be singing that all evening in work now :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement