Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Angron wrote: »
    For a second I was trying to figure if that was serious, or a "pigs can fly" sort of thing. How'd it happen?

Kitchen is an extension out back garden and with all the rain we've had and wind the rain had gotten through the tiles in the roof and onto the ceiling. The weight has crushed it down.
    Rang the chap who is in charge of the house and he never in office and won't give out his mobile number. I I'm off work on Monday il be up in his office and won't be too happy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Well bollocks to that.

Well bollocks to that.

Blessed it didn't land on myself or me daughter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Jaysus , Dodderangler! Sounds like you had a lucky escape there! D:
    Hope you're okay and you get things sorted quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

January wrote: »
    How's the wedding plans coming on? I haven't done a stitch since I found out I was pregnant... should really get the finger out and start ordering supplies for my button bouquets and stuff ha

They were on hold over the Christmas etc. The emails started flying back and forth again today. We got the appeal overturned for our Domiciliary Care and are due back money (nice lump sum) which we're getting on Tuesday week, so everyone will be getting their deposits and we can start the ball rolling again. :D
    Hellrazer wrote: »
    What you need doing?
    I can source parts cheaper than most place.

Nice one...
    Car: 2002 Nissan Primera P12, 2.2 dCi
    Needs: Rear springs (both) got a price of €60ea from the local breakers. (includes the shocks)
    Ball joints, drop links (which I have but didn't get them on).
    Fluids and filters.
    New door lock and key for passenger door.
    Might need the alignment done and two front tyres, didn't have a proper look yet.

All mickey mouse stuff really, nothing major.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I've been watching Mr. Weebl's work on Youtube for the last hour. I fear for my sanity! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

P.K.M. wrote: »
    They were on hold over the Christmas etc. The emails started flying back and forth again today. We got the appeal overturned for our Domiciliary Care and are due back money (nice lump sum) which we're getting on Tuesday week, so everyone will be getting their deposits and we can start the ball rolling again. :D

I've nothing but the hotel and DJ booked. You can tell where my priorities lie haha.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Got my RX8 back yesterday, it's been aaaages since I've driven it properly. Forgot how great it was to drive a car that likes being driven.

Also tried out TRX for the first time today, and really enjoyed it.

Shattered now after looking after 3 kids for a few hours, dunno how ye's manage it on a full time basis!

jenizzle wrote: »
    Got my RX8 back yesterday, it's been aaaages since I've driven it properly. Forgot how great it was to drive a car that likes being driven.

Shattered now after looking after 3 kids for a few hours, dunno how ye's manage it on a full time basis!
    Rx8 is a nice motor. Always liked mazdas with the rotary engines.
    As for the kids. It's easy. Give them a stick and a rock and put them up the mountains an tell them don't come home till they have aught some supper. Worked on me :)

Either just drank my pint too fast or my food was poisoned but after pukin just there out of nowhere.
    Not not good! Only had one so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Rx8 is a nice motor. Always liked mazdas with the rotary engines.

Ah here you have it it's proper name. It's called a wankel engine. Wankel :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Just home now. Was having a fairly decent night and then a friend of a friend decided to give me **** about my sexuality. Normally wouldn't pay attention to a **** stain like him after a reallly **** week was the last thing I needed, ended up crying in front of everyone. Have enough **** going on with ***** like him giving me abuse.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

What a knob. Was he drinking? (not that that'd excuse it)

What a knob. Was he drinking? (not that that'd excuse it)

Yeah he was completely ****ed but he's just an asshole in general. I've put up with him for a good while now 'cause he's friends of friends but I'm done now. I can't cut him out fully as in never see him again since they'll probably still bring him places but never speaking to him again, even if tries speaking to me directly. I've been struggling with a lot of **** this past few months and I don't have time for people who bring me down anymore. I'm doing my best to be happy so assholes have no place in my life anymore.

Seems the best really. Did your friends mention it, or did they hear him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Fuck that bullshit. Those people aren't worth the time or energy it takes to engage them. Nobody needs unnecessary negativity in their lives.

Seems the best really. Did your friends mention it, or did they hear him?

One heard and others found out when I started crying. Everyone was really nice and pointed out he's not worth my time but I'm not sure if anything was said to him or not. It was towards the end of the night so I was gone home before we had a chance to interact again. Talking to a friend now who wasn't out and she's very angry. There's quite a chance she may deck him next time she sees him....there's also quite a chance that I'll let her. :p

Hello Adi, what has you up this late?

And I feel he may just deserve it a little KB :P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I should learn how to twerk.

I should learn how to twerk.

Just stick ya ass out and ya tongue
    Twerkin sorted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Hello Adi, what has you up this late?

I'm always up that late :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Targets smashed, commission incoming.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

jenizzle wrote: »

TRX rocks. It's tough going but it's good. Do you think you'll stick with it?
    Just home now. Was having a fairly decent night and then a friend of a friend decided to give me **** about my sexuality. Normally wouldn't pay attention to a **** stain like him after a reallly **** week was the last thing I needed, ended up crying in front of everyone. Have enough **** going on with ***** like him giving me abuse.

Gobsh!te, no you really don't need that.

Quiet enough last night for a Saturday night. No fights but had to remove a couple of messers. Not a whole lot in either. Hopefully tonight will be the same.

Worst thing to do there would've been to rise up to a pr!ck like that.
    I'm a Cnut for not backing down and if it was me I would've dropped him there and then.
    Can't stand cnuts like that. No one person is the same and it's cnuts like him who'd think he's above others.
    He's just a pr!ck. wouldn't let it get to you. Not worth it. Hope your alri

Worst thing to do there would've been to rise up to a pr!ck like that.
    I'm a Cnut for not backing down and if it was me I would've dropped him there and then.
    Can't stand cnuts like that. No one person is the same and it's cnuts like him who'd think he's above others.
    He's just a pr!ck. wouldn't let it get to you. Not worth it. Hope your alri

Ah I'm grand. Normally wouldn't pay him any attention but just came at a bad time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Jaysus Phillip Seymour Hoffman dead from drug overdose now that's one I wouldn't have expected.

Hope your feeling a bit better today Killer Banana sounds like a rough night.

KB, hope you're feeling a bit better tonight.

KB, glad to hear you're not too affected by what happened. Keep your head up. I'll never understand how people can be so up in arms about things that have absolutely nothing to do with them.

@Marty, it was a shock all right. Never would've taken him for the type to go that way.

Seriously starting to regret not sorting out something for the Super Bowl tonight. Brilliant game thus far, although maybe Broncos fans won't enjoy it as much :D

God damn, motherfudging Kindle. How about you just do what I want, rather than not working? Every thing's there and working and the computer can see you and you can see the computer and you're friendly so just do some god damn work rather than being a little freaking weirdo.

On the plus side, how bout them Seahawks? Boom!

• Advertisement

Ugh I've to get a bus at ten to seven. Yuck. Hate busses

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement