Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

January wrote: »
    Ugh I've to get a bus at ten to seven. Yuck. Hate busses

I try avoid them at all costs if I can. Can't stand them and the tools that do be on them.
    My god it's a storm outside. Rain and wind. Not the best way to start a Monday morning and had to walk ten minutes in it to be collected. Didn't wanna leave me bed. My little one woke up asking me where I'm going and told me to have great day in work and to be careful and that she loves me. Got a kiss and all off her so my day is starting out great despite the sh1tty weather

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

That's so cute!

Fcuking rain. Have to work in town today, so I'm gonna be saturated by the time I get in :(

That's so cute!

Fcuking rain. Have to work in town today, so I'm gonna be saturated by the time I get in :(

Yeah she's a little diamond like that.
    Wrap up it's quite cold out aswell. I've two jackets and jumper on aswell.

So when is the next beers folks???
    Still havint met anyone on this yet

Yeah she's a little diamond like that.
    Wrap up it's quite cold out aswell. I've two jackets and jumper on aswell.

So when is the next beers folks???
    Still havint met anyone on this yet

I don't mind cold, but being soaked while I'm working will be annoying :(

Haven't had a beers in a while, actually. Seems it's always me having to organise the bloody things. :pac:

Dodderangler, beer thread. Gogogo

• Advertisement

Dodderangler, beer thread. Gogogo

Where or where to have beers
    Dammit moon moon. Has me in stitches this thing. http://omg.wthax.org/7TVcu4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

With the canteen's plastic roof it currently sounds like the world is ending outside. Don't want to be in college this morning (who does on a Monday?) but with weather like this I'll probably be in for the whole day. Get soaked just stepping outside the door and I forgot my umbrella.

FoxyVixen, a 4th date has been added for Garth Brooks. Tickets on sale Thursday @ 9am. Hope you get tickets :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Fecking weather is shocking down here!! half the city is flooded! never seen it so bad. we had no power this morning. :(
    I'm slightly hung over and needed a shower and coffee this morning but no!!!!!

Also because of the floods i had to leave for work ridiculously early this morning :(

edit: really though i cant give out just a little hang over winge, we have been so lucky!! so many of my friends homes have been absolutely destroyed by the floods down here! absolutely devastating and heart breaking to see it! :(

gregers85 wrote: »
    Fecking weather is shocking down here!! half the city is flooded! never seen it so bad. we had no power this morning. :(
    I'm slightly hung over and needed a shower and coffee this morning but no!!!!!

Also because of the floods i had to leave for work ridiculously early this morning :(

Same here. A bus ride that normally takes twenty minutes just lasted an hour and a half :( and I'm completely soaked through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

In more amazing news a FOURTH date has been added to Garth Brooks!!! I will cry if I don't get any this time!!!

Gregers saw the news last night. Unreal damage your part the country. Hope you get through the week unscathed.

Green-screen, cheers, just saw your post ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Fecking rain, grumble grumble. Brought spare socks and shoes but my jeans are still soaked too.

I'd be willing to bet they'll add a 5th date. Possibly more if they keep selling out as fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Gregers saw the news last night. Unreal damage your part the country. Hope you get through the week unscathed.

Thanks FV, Our house is ok! we're far enough from the river thank god but we had no power this morning - thats' about all we were affected, none of my Family either, one of my uncles was very close water got right to his door step but didnt get in! blessed!
    Orim wrote: »
    I'd be willing to bet they'll add a 5th date. Possibly more if they keep selling out as fast.
    I heard on today fm at the weekend that for every ticket they sold they had 10 people that didnt get one! thats crazy numbers!! im sure this has to do with people trying to buy 6 at a time and flog um later!

gregers85 wrote: »
    I heard on today fm at the weekend that for every ticket they sold they had 10 people that didnt get one! thats crazy numbers!!

What happened Ireland? You used to be cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Yeah he was completely ****ed but he's just an asshole in general. I've put up with him for a good while now 'cause he's friends of friends but I'm done now. I can't cut him out fully as in never see him again since they'll probably still bring him places but never speaking to him again, even if tries speaking to me directly. I've been struggling with a lot of **** this past few months and I don't have time for people who bring me down anymore. I'm doing my best to be happy so assholes have no place in my life anymore.

F*ck that, f*ck him.
    I have a guy that I hung around with for years and years, but eventually figured out he is a complete w*nker, so decided to completely cut him out of my life about 10 years ago, and can happily sit right next to him at christenings, birthdays etc. and not open my mouth to him once. We can even be involved in the same conversation but not speak directly to each other :pac:

I know, it's ridiculous.

We still cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

To be honest I don't quite get the whole sneering at folk going mad over Brooks thing. Might be a reaction to having my musical tastes sneered at or worse while I was younger (I'm sure a lot of us here got that) but having been on the receiving end of it I'm just not all too keen on dishing it myself. Live and let live I say.

From what I've seen at least some of it is down to fair-weather fans jumping on the bandwagon. The same people that are probably loudly complaining today about tired they are because they "had" to stay up for the Superbowl last night.

Personally I just never knew he had that big a fanbase (Also any chance to make a Simpsons joke). Like when I saw people queuing outside Stephen's Green at half two in the morning, I was just shocked. I'd like to think I was fairly pleasant when I inquired why they were queuing but my memory is somewhat fuzzy :o

I like few of his songs and always good for a sing song at end of a house party or during it but I wouldn't cue up that long for ticket.
    I wouldn't cue up for anymore than 20 mins. I'm actually the same anywhere really.
    Hate cuing for anything. Was waiting ten mins in chipper other night and just up and left. Only wanted bag of chips

• Advertisement

Jeez getting tax back from this country is a right pain in the arse!!! Had no idea I needed to request a P21, thought it would automatically be issued out. I need my monies back!!!!

I like few of his songs and always good for a sing song at end of a house party or during it but I wouldn't cue up that long for ticket.
    I wouldn't cue up for anymore than 20 mins. I'm actually the same anywhere really.
    Hate cuing for anything. Was waiting ten mins in chipper other night and just up and left. Only wanted bag of chips

I'm the exact same. Haven't had a haircut in nearly 4 years because there's always people in the hairdressers and I can't be bothered :pac:

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Jeez getting tax back from this country is a right pain in the arse!!! Had no idea I needed to request a P21, thought it would automatically be issued out. I need my monies back!!!!

I'm looking into general taxback at the moment, any handy tips would be appreciated. I think I'm just going to go in to the office and get someone to go through everything with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I feel like a pin cushion and a drowned rat at the same time. Stupid bus's and stupid glucose tolerance test making me take three blood tests in a day.

I'm the exact same. Haven't had a haircut in nearly 4 years because there's always people in the hairdressers and I can't be bothered :pac:

I'm looking into general taxback at the moment, any handy tips would be appreciated. I think I'm just going to go in to the office and get someone to go through everything with me.

It's just a case of ringing them up with your PPS number and asking for your P21. If you're owed tax they send you the P21 with a nice cheque, if you owe tax they send you the P21 with a bill.

What I was reading suggested that you only needed a P21 if you had additional income. My P60 should cover all my my tax, which is historically what I used to try claim taxback but it's been a while. I'm also hoping to finally sort rent relief and see if I can backclaim on that. Sick of letting money slip through my fingers.

Might be easier to set yourself up with PAYE Anytime in that case. You can claim for any backdated taxes from the last 4 tax years through it. Bear in mind that if you started renting after 2010 you can't claim any relief for it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

What I was reading suggested that you only needed a P21 if you had additional income. My P60 should cover all my my tax, which is historically what I used to try claim taxback but it's been a while. I'm also hoping to finally sort rent relief and see if I can backclaim on that. Sick of letting money slip through my fingers.

You can back claim rent relief for up to 4 years.

P_1 wrote: »
    Bear in mind that if you started renting after 2010 you can't claim any relief for it though.

Really? Tossers. Cheers for the tips guys.

I just seen a lad on a motorbike sitting at the lights while looking at his phone then when the lights change he drove off after getting to 5th gear he started to drive with one hand while looking at his phone.
    Are you fcuking sh1ttin me?
    Some people are just plain tick!

• Advertisement

P_1 has it all there. I just neglected to askfr my P21, from how I read it, I thought it would come itself once the P60 was issued.

I hate revenue. Confuses me!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement