Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

My favorite tutor in college is leaving tomorrow. Absolutely gutted. :( She was one of the good ones.
    Really hope the person replacing her is not a complete asswaffle. I understand she has to go on account of her family needing her but still, it sucks. Really put a dampener on my day.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

P.K.M. wrote: »
    TRX rocks. It's tough going but it's good. Do you think you'll stick with it?

Hopefully! It's fun and it's something I could push myself at. Hurt my leg doing a squat today though, really annoyed with myself for not preventing it. Hopefully it'll be fine tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

P_1 wrote: »
    It's just a case of ringing them up with your PPS number and asking for your P21. If you're owed tax they send you the P21 with a nice cheque, if you owe tax they send you the P21 with a bill.

That happened to me a couple of years ago had a few people tell me delightful stories of how they got money back and off I went thinking happy days got hit with a 600 euro bill :mad:.

Started using myfitnesspal today for the first time don;t know why it took me so long and today so far I have consumed 3500 calories how am I not a fat bastard :pac:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

That happened to me a couple of years ago had a few people tell me delightful stories of how they got money back and off I went thinking happy days got hit with a 600 euro bill :mad:.

Started using myfitnesspal today for the first time don;t know why it took me so long and today so far I have consumed 3500 calories how am I not a fat bastard :pac:.

Cos you work it off instead of lying around like a lazy lump.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I have been so busy the last few days. Work is mental, I'm getting more students and I'm also working reception. Dinner is only on now!

I finally have my bedroom finished and I am absolutely delighted. It is so gorgeous! I attacked the window frames and wardrobe top with sugar soap today to get rid of the last of the soot. None left and I'm on a candle ban! Only allowed burn one at a time!

Seems like an eventful few days for us all though! Collective hope you are alright!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Well least it's not raining. Bit frosty out though. But looks to be a good day ahead. How are we all this morning

Well least it's not raining. Bit frosty out though. But looks to be a good day ahead. How are we all this morning

thanks for that. Was too afraid to look out the window cos I've no car and plenty school runs to do today!

January wrote: »
    thanks for that. Was too afraid to look out the window cos I've no car and plenty school runs to do today!

Looks like it'll fine today but later on around lunchtime looks to be rain and clouds.
    Roll on summertime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Looks like it'll fine today but later on around lunchtime looks to be rain and clouds.
    Roll on summertime

And next, with sport? :p

And next, with sport? :p

Dammit :D

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I've been using that religiously for over 2 years now - find it great for keeping myself in check. I tend to use my own goals as the MFP ones are too low. I track my own exercise cals too with a HRM as MFP tends to over-estimate how many you've burned. Someday soon I'll be able to log another weight loss on the damn thing :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

The next person to ask me for a hand out will get a kick with my steel-toed boot. :mad:
    Had to digout the parents and dip into the tattoo fund today against my best wishes. FFS, why can't they just manage their money better and stop wasting it on beer and smokes?! :mad: :mad:

Quick edit: Sure, I'm getting the money back tonight when the stepdad gets paid but it's the general principal of the matter. My mother still owes me money from last August and has yet to pay me back a cent so excuse me for acting ratty. Urgh. I'm so sick of this.

jenizzle wrote: »
    I've been using that religiously for over 2 years now - find it great for keeping myself in check. I tend to use my own goals as the MFP ones are too low. I track my own exercise cals too with a HRM as MFP tends to over-estimate how many you've burned. Someday soon I'll be able to log another weight loss on the damn thing :o

Still getting the hang of it, it does seem to be good for calculating calories but macros seem to be way off to be honest. Plus it not calculating my calories burned for what I've done in the gym tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Still getting the hang of it, it does seem to be good for calculating calories but macros seem to be way off to be honest. Plus it not calculating my calories burned for what I've done in the gym tonight.

Maybe you should have done something other than look at yourself in the mirror :p

Orim wrote: »
    Maybe you should have done something other than look at yourself in the mirror :p

Shiiiittt were you there :o, swear I was just had an itch I was trying to get at that required me to lift my shirt and look seductively at the mirror :pac:,

I can't stand the mirror lovers in the gym really :cool:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

So apparently I'm going to see Leinster vs Toulon in France just before my birthday, and staying in France for 4 days... For free.

My family are nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

So apparently I'm going to see Leinster vs Toulon in France just before my birthday, and staying in France for 4 days... For free.

My family are nuts.

Not jealous in the slightest there...

The Mayol is meant to be great craic for matches though but I think Toulon itself has a bit of a rough reputation (navy town and all that)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Currently trying to ignore my migraine and watching supernatural. Scariest and funniest show all at the same time.

My family are nuts.

I'm not even a bit jealous. I just straight up hate you.

My family are nuts.

Yeah well I get to watch it in hd so :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

My family are nuts.

Excellent!! great birthday weekend ahead!! :)

Oh enjoy green_screen!

Seems like I can no longer walk to the school and back to collect the kids... in a complete heap today... hips and under my bump killing me. It's true that each pregnancy gets harder, I literally flew through the last three without a bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Hellooo thread! Long time no talky. How is everyone?

Welcome back CC.

Pretty busy workwise at the moment but can't complain too much. Into town tomorrow, do some shopping and give blood. Might even get my haircut.

Orim wrote: »
    Welcome back CC.

Pretty busy workwise at the moment but can't complain too much. Into town tomorrow, do some shopping and give blood. Might even get my haircut.

Busy day! I hope the weather picks up, sick of rain at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Oh hello CC. I'm busy busy busy with college. Was feeling a bit overwhelmed earlier this week but feel most of it's under control now. Besides that and the usual ongoing stuff can't really complain.

Oh hello CC. I'm busy busy busy with college. Was feeling a bit overwhelmed earlier this week but feel most of it's under control now. Besides that and the usual ongoing stuff can't really complain.

Hullo!!

There's a few people I know really under it with college work recently, don't envy yiz at all. They're all stressed to the eyeballs!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Heyoo. Got a test thing in college tomorrow, so that'll be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

What kinda test is it, Ang?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Java for programming. Not the worst though, only an hour long.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement