Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Been pushed out to the 12th of March 'cause of the college career fair so you've got plenty of time. Wanted to do it before that but I need a job when I graduate.

Are you going to get your head tattooed while yer bald?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

jenizzle wrote: »
    Are you going to get your head tattooed while yer bald?! :D

Haha. Since I've no money and don't intend staying bald long term no. If I ever decide to be baldy long term though then maybe. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Bye bye sun, hello blizzard

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

^^ yeah, all two minutes of it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Stupid feckin snow, done the ten minute drive to go get some crickets come out snow turns into a 35 minute crawl home put your foot on the fcuking accelerator people no need to be crawling along :mad:.

• Advertisement

In fairness, a lot of people will drive more slowly in the snow because of reduced visibility.

In fairness, a lot of people will drive more slowly in the snow because of reduced visibility.

You know because you drive so much? :p.

My arse visibility was fine there is also a difference between slowing down in bad weather conditions and doing 15mph in bad weather conditions ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

My arse visibility was fine there is also a difference between slowing down in bad weather conditions and doing 15mph in bad weather conditions ;).

Visibility was bad out here I have to say!

January wrote: »
    Visibility was bad out here I have to say!

It wasn't 15mph bad a lot of people in this country see snow in any shape or form and shiit themselves and drive to slow, of coarse there is the oppossite those who drive to fast in bad weather conditions as well.

Don't be a bollocks, I understand visibility! :p

15mph is very slow, tbh. But you didn't say that in your first post, so of course I'd think 'duh, people slow down in bad weather.' :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

A bit of a slowdown when visability goes to pot is no bad thing but going at 15mph is taking the piss a bit. Still considering the amount of retards behind the wheel out there perhaps not too bad a thing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Got to walk home with a lovely shower of hail pelting me in the face earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Been working in a house all day and havint looked outside in ages finishing up and well it's fcukin snowing. Only in Ireland would ya get 4 seasons in one poxy day.
    Love the snow tho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Angron wrote: »
    Got to walk home with a lovely shower of hail pelting me in the face earlier.
    Did you walk slowly due to visibility issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Since when did common sense become this super rare thing? I swear someone is going to feel the back of my hand soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I hope I can still drive my new car home tomorrow.

I am so very incredibly excited!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Tough session in training tonight, I'm wrecked...can hardly move. :o Then came out to a blizzard. Took half an hour to get home instead of 15 minutes due to numpties going TOO slow! I mean, Instead of doing 70mph on the motorway, I was doing 45/50...but there was a line of dopes doing about 20mph. That's just stupid! It's not THAT bad! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Rugby Training tonight was cold!!! and i mean cold! bloody snow!

gregers85 wrote: »
    Rugby Training tonight was cold!!! and i mean cold! bloody snow!

We're training in a basketball place because we train in mountains our grounds are flooded and a lot colder to train on.
    Running on solid floor for over an hour does the damage on the ankles but least were warm and still doing tackles and hits aswell :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Any sort of training in this weather is my worst nightmare.

• Advertisement

We're training in a basketball place because we train in mountains our grounds are flooded and a lot colder to train on.
    Running on solid floor for over an hour does the damage on the ankles but least were warm and still doing tackles and hits aswell :)

Our pitch is flooded too we're training on an astro-turf pitch at the mo
    wearing a full under armour suit to try save me skin haha

Im the same i get desperate shin splints! cant wear my mouldies or studs on it, kills me so i have to wear my asics, i slapped off the ground bout ten times tonight haha :rolleyes:

Our pitch is flooded too we're training on an astro-turf pitch at the mo
    wearing a full under armour suit to try save me skin haha
    Thought you were a rugby player :)
    Astor is tough on the legs alri but solid floors :( fcuk me is sore and I'm actually out injured.
    So I'm takin it easy and it's killin me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Got into bed at 1 and thought I might read more of my book. Just looked at the clock there when I finished it and realised I haven't moved in two and a half hours!
    I forgot how much I lived the harry potter books! I never read the last two so I decided to read them all again

Woke up with four pretty big (like 3-4 inch long) cuts going all down my right thigh. Wtf :confused: The jeans I'm wearing to work really don't help, it's irritating them! :(

To the couple of you who pmd me yesterday and the day before, I'll get back to ye as soon as I can. Just been snowed under with stuff atm.

So we are right in the eye of a storm today! the wind is absolutely mental down here! expected winds up to 160km at it looks and sounds it!!! :eek:
    My job has put the building on lock down - cant let any one out for safety reasons!
    Half the city has no power - we're running the back up generator!
    crazy damage being done around the city!! the whole office is on there phones on facebook and twitter looking for the next update!

An old building's in the city center outer wall partially collapsed right ion top of a parked 2012 BMW 5 series! depressing for the owners of both!

It's expected to hit Dublin around 4pm :(

Seems to be loads of damage being done all along the west from it :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

It's expected to hit Dublin around 4pm :(

Seems to be loads of damage being done all along the west from it :(
    Pretty much, yeah. And I get to walk home in it!

Angron wrote: »
    Pretty much, yeah. And I get to walk home in it!

I walked to work in it, and it will have started back up for me to walk home in it too!

Yeah, I walked in this morning and got soaked in it, and it's just never really stopped since.

• Advertisement

How some people get there license is beyond me driving home from the gym see a car Honda Civic coming towards me on the opposite side of the road doing about 5mph no exaggeration with hazards holding up traffic first assumption is must be something wrong with it.

Nope not at all get closer it owlone having a chin wag on her phone driving with hazards holding up traffic I couldn't help but laugh if I had been behind her I reckon a bit or road rage would have come out.

So we are right in the eye of a storm today! the wind is absolutely mental down here! expected winds up to 160km at it looks and sounds it!!! :eek:
    My job has put the building on lock down - cant let any one out for safety reasons!
    Half the city has no power - we're running the back up generator!
    crazy damage being done around the city!! the whole office is on there phones on facebook and twitter looking for the next update!

An old building's in the city center outer wall partially collapsed right ion top of a parked 2012 BMW 5 series! depressing for the owners of both!

Jasus sounds rough there it's not to bad here yet and I'd imagine it wont as bad when it gets here either.

Will you be stuck in work or able to go once finishing time comes?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement