Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Well fudge. Bus Eireann site says Galway City services have been cancelled, which will make my walk home even longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Any one on facebook, check this quick vid out, its a building's in limerick roof coming off in the wind.
    Couldn find the actual video to embed it im afraid! its bad down here haha

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=739897959356336&set=vb.113798148632990&type=2&theater

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

gregers85 wrote: »
    Any one on facebook, check this quick vid out, its a building's in limerick roof coming off in the wind.
    Couldn find the actual video to embed it im afraid! its bad down here haha

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=739897959356336&set=vb.113798148632990&type=2&theater

Feck! :eek: Did a section of it slam into the building behind it too?

P_1 wrote: »
    Feck! :eek: Did a section of it slam into the building behind it too?

I would imagine it did, its a boat club, cant really see in the video but its on a man made island, so you have the river then a walkway and the road before the building in the background!

I have heard reports of people seeing bits of the boats up the town and sheet metal and stuff so id say it gave a good smack off it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Lorry toppled on the n8, plane toppled in Shannon... Check out the weather forum, **** is hitting the fan.

Good luck to me getting home. If it gets as bad as it's supposed to, I'm going to have to stay late here to wait til it's safe.

Got blown into the road a few weeks ago, so don't fancy repeating that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

gregers85 wrote: »
    So we are right in the eye of a storm today! the wind is absolutely mental down here! expected winds up to 160km at it looks and sounds it!!! :eek:
    My job has put the building on lock down - cant let any one out for safety reasons!
    Half the city has no power - we're running the back up generator!
    crazy damage being done around the city!! the whole office is on there phones on facebook and twitter looking for the next update!

An old building's in the city center outer wall partially collapsed right ion top of a parked 2012 BMW 5 series! depressing for the owners of both!

Looks like the pic of the BMW made onto Facebook :(

1896839_633468440034851_474255436_n.jpg

Jesus christ. :eek:

Buddy of mine actually took that pic! There's a few more floating around from different angles!

The video of the boat club is up on you tube now:

Jasus sounds rough there it's not to bad here yet and I'd imagine it wont as bad when it gets here either.

Will you be stuck in work or able to go once finishing time comes?

Our place would never close down! half the factories in the industrial estate closed and sent there staff home, not us! assholes, i got out at half 5 but lads are stuck there till 9!!

Its really calmed down here weather wise but took a good hour or so to get home had to alter my route because loads of roads are closed and others have trees blocking one side so plenty of traffic jams

luckily we have power at home half the city is in darkness as i drove through it and its suburbs, no television but first world problems eh haha :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Was in the car parked outside the local Superquinn earlier while himself ran in to get something and the car was rocking really badly. Mental.

Guy from my road died. Tree fell on his truck :(

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Guy from my road died. Tree fell on his truck :(

No way!! Jeez...

P.K.M. wrote: »
    No way!! Jeez...

Yup. And some scumbags are posting pics of the scene on facebook. :mad:

Can't believe somebody died. :(

Yup. And some scumbags are posting pics of the scene on facebook. :mad:

Can't believe somebody died. :(

FFS!! Anything for a Kodak moment, doesn't matter that someone's Dad/brother/husband/son died. :mad:

Sad...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Awful news about your neighbour, it's really dangerous out.
    I was half way to Gorey when it started getting really bad but we were on the way to get my new car so I kept going. Had to dodge a lot of trees and was battered by the wind in the micra. New car is amazing though! Absolutely amazing!!!

1012547_10203225056053458_75313302_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Some serious pr!cks out there that'd take pics of a scene like that.
    My condolences to the family of your neighbour Lynn

Why would people take photographs of a scene like that? I feel very sorry for their families, knowing that someone took a photo of an awful scene. People make me sick sometimes.
    Same thing goes for people that video people being attacked etc. and don't do anything to stop them, just videoing them. Idgits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

That's absolutely terrible Green.

Seriously regretting volunteering to write the executive summary for our group project...mainly 'cause I haven't a clue how to write one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Sad that people have nothing better to do than crowd around somebody who has been killed.

• Advertisement

That's absolutely terrible Green.

Seriously regretting volunteering to write the executive summary for our group project...mainly 'cause I haven't a clue how to write one.

It goes into slightly more detail than a general introduction, stating some statistics about the project and some findings. Most scientific reports have them at the start, so follow that practice! :)

kellief wrote: »
    It goes into slightly more detail than a general introduction, stating some statistics about the project and some findings. Most scientific reports have them at the start, so follow that practice! :)

Found some useful templates but it's still difficult since it's the intro to the business plan for an imaginary hotel. Findings and statistics are limited/nonexistant. Keep thinking I'm on the right track, read over and realise I'm just summarising sections rather than writing about the hotel and explaining what the report is about.

Found some useful templates but it's still difficult since it's the intro to the business plan for an imaginary hotel. Findings and statistics are limited/nonexistant. Keep thinking I'm on the right track, read over and realise I'm just summarising sections rather than writing about the hotel and explaining what the report is about.

Feel free to PM me and I can look over it if you want. All my work for my masters needed them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I'm making brownies tomorrow! :pac: Haven't baked since before Christmas so it'll be good to get back into it.
    Also, tonight is Steak Night... :D

kellief wrote: »
    Feel free to PM me and I can look over it if you want. All my work for my masters needed them!

Gone through with my group and submitted but thank you nonetheless.

Evenin' all. Didn't do a whole lot today, just dicked around the house. Then about 4pm I went for a run. Did 6.15km in 36 minutes, which is kinda alright. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Ok, the guy was an asshole, but slicing the skin off your own arm seems a bit extreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Choppers Bitch classy girl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Fuk my phone:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement