Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Bit of an extreme gesture that but that's why it is ill advised to get a boyfriend's/girlfriend's/husband's/wife's name tattooed onto oneself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

P_1 wrote: »
    Bit of an extreme gesture that but that's why it is ill advised to get a boyfriend's/girlfriend's/husband's/wife's name tattooed onto oneself.

Laser removal would probably have left less of a scar than removing the skin, though!

Even though I'm not one for valentine's day, I decided to cheer up my mam. Her and my father split up on Sunday and it was their wedding anniversary yesterday. She mentioned last night that she's quite sad about valentine's day being so soon after the split (and it was a fcuking nasty split).

So on my way home from work, I got her chocolates, roses and a giant teddy bear. Two of my sisters are a bit mopey over being single too, so they got flowers and chocolates. :)

I asked the bf not to get me anything because he's broke since leaving his job. I got him an engraved zippo with his name on it, a ps4 game and I'm making him a heart shaped cake :) can't see him til Sunday though, so hes ggetting his presents late :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Ah sh*t, sorry to hear that GS. Hope you, your mam, and the rest of your family are doing all right, I know how that feels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Laser removal would probably have left less of a scar than removing the skin, though!

Even though I'm not one for valentine's day, I decided to cheer up my mam. Her and my father split up on Sunday and it was their wedding anniversary yesterday. She mentioned last night that she's quite sad about valentine's day being so soon after the split (and it was a fcuking nasty split).

So on my way home from work, I got her chocolates, roses and a giant teddy bear. Two of my sisters are a bit mopey over being single too, so they got flowers and chocolates. :)

I asked the bf not to get me anything because he's broke since leaving his job. I got him an engraved zippo with his name on it, a ps4 game and I'm making him a heart shaped cake :) can't see him til Sunday though, so hes ggetting his presents late :)

Sorry to hear that gs... My mam and dad split in July and it's still a bit raw from my mam. It wasn't a big bust up to be fair but my mam still seems to think that my dad should be buying her gifts for occasions and doing things for her so she'll probably be upset tomorrow... Her birthday and Christmas were bad.

Thanks guys.

As bad as it sounds, I'm not upset over it. It should have happened years ago. She and my younger sisters are in bits, though. When I say it was a nasty split, I mean it. Police + protection orders involved :/

She seemed to cheer up a lot with the present though. Threw herself on me hugging and kissing me and telling me how happy I made her. I'm really glad it had the desired effect.

Gonna spend the next few weeks surprising her with little gifts and looking after the housework. She needs to be spoiled for once.

January, that must be really hard for both you and her. I suppose she somewhat expects them because they were married and that's what people do for their spouses. She's probably not over it either. It hasn't been long, after all. Maybe send her a card? I dunno about you guys, but on valentine's day, shortly after a long term relationship I was in broke down, a valentine's card from my sister made me smile for days.

• Advertisement

Doesn't quite provide the same scope for a grand gesture though :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

P_1 wrote: »
    Doesn't quite provide the same scope for a grand gesture though :pac:

He should laser it off and post it back to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Very sweet gesture of you green_screen, it even made me smile!!

Sorry to hear about everything, for both you and January, it can't be easy.

I spent the day being exhausted, drove out to Kinnegad to show my aunt my new car and came home then this evening to teach a class. Early doctor trip this morning too, still trying to sort my hearing.

I'm wrecked!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I think I'd rather have my skin than make that grand a gesture :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Sorry about everything g_s and January. Must be hard.

I just woke from a five hour 'nap' and another lovely dream about assignments. At least this time I didn't wake up half out of bed after trying to get up while still asleep to do my dream assignment. Final year does weird things to your brain.

• Advertisement

Off to the airport, stupid o'clock flights are great craic. Auf wiedersein

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Sorry to hear green screen and January. That can't be easy :(

I'm off today and tomorrow so I'm heading up to Dublin for the night! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

thats pretty crappy gs but at least you're old enough and mature enough to understand whats going on and that its probably for the best.ur doing a great thing being there to support your mam so much through it.my folks split when i was 13 and i didnt have the emotional maturity to be able to deal with it and mixed with emerging raging hormones that i didn't understand made me quite the moody bollix.plus at least u dont get to play the fun game of being played off against the other.divorced parents seem to love that one

on a lighter note,my wife got me a kindle for valentines.she is so unromantic so i wasn't expecting anything but she knows me so well i was lost without my other one

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Sorry to hear about all the sh!te GS, you know where I am and you have my number. :)

Was onto my tattooist this morning, he's booking me in for the first week in March to finish the Leatherface tatt and start the next one. He's thinking of doing Pyramidhead next....hmmmm, might be interesting alright.

0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Sorry to hear about your problems vs. Hope ye can all get through it okay.

PKM you should definitely get pyramidhead. He is awesome and he looks it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Why is Michael kors so fcukin expensive
    Prob paid his wages by this stage. I hate valentines day but sure she's happy so it's all good

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Why is Michael kors so fcukin expensive
    Prob paid his wages by this stage. I hate valentines day but sure she's happy so it's all good

Cos his stuff is AWESOME. I so need a MK tote bag.

Just got 'offered' a match ticket that usually costs 20 euro for the bargain price of 150. The yellow wall's meant to be amazing but at that price I think I'll pass

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Got myself a bottle of this today as a Valentines present to me.

jim-beam-devils-cut.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Myself and the gf are out for the night and having a great night. Few drinks and laughing. Only thing ruining it is the band. Beatles tribute band. I absolutely hate the Beatles !

• Advertisement

Went in and got checked for the pew-pew eye surgery. Looks like I'll be getting it and since it's cheaper then I thought plus they offer interest free credit, I may be able to invest in some new ink.

Currently watching tim minchin and the heritage orchestra. It's brilliant and the music is so good that I've stopped laughing at the jokes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I treated myself to a box of Clinique travel sized potions today to make up for the fact I never got one stinkin' card this year.
    Met a lovely consultant who hailed from Ohio and she demonstrated tons of stuff on my skin. My face has never felt so fresh!
    I feel pampered now annnnnd... I'm finally getting my money back off my parents tomorrow! About damn time if you ask me.
    Anyways, hope ye all are well.
    I saw two blokes in town today dressed to the nines- a Predator on a box outside the GPO being seranaded by a busker and a Xenomorph just up from the Lush shop in Henry Street. I'd post pictures but my phone's wifi is knackered. Typical.
    Going to treat myself to a VIP ticket to Comic Con providing there's still some left. Hope I'm lucky!

Ended up picking up and ticket in a bar for 30 in the end. Fook me that terrace is some craic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Wohoo my crochet hooks are on their way to my local Parcel Motel... let the crocheting begin!

So I got a new top as a present and my first thought was "I should put that away, it'll make for a great summer jacket" :(

Does anyone know where I should hand in my mancard?

Right lads, I'm single. Who's next in line? :pac:

:(

Sorry to hear that GS :( You ok?

Angron wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that GS :( You ok?

At the moment yes. Bit down in the dumps but no crying or anything like that. Too angry to get upset yet, which is a good thing. I deal with anger way better than I deal with being upset!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Orim wrote: »
    So I got a new top as a present and my first thought was "I should put that away, it'll make for a great summer jacket" :(

Does anyone know where I should hand in my mancard?
    Man-Card-revoked.jpg
    Right lads, I'm single. Who's next in line? :pac:

:(

trainallaboard_grande.jpg%3Fv%3D1183861393

• Advertisement

On a lighter topic, here's an angry looking otter eating some watermelon:
    Evil-Otter-Eating-a-Watermelon-5.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement