Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

A random guy just stumbled across my Facebook profile. I'm suspicious as I have some pretty stringent privacy settings.
    Granted, he's my type- long hair (brunette), goatee, plays drums in a metal band (I checked his profile before replying).
    Apparenty, he thinks I'm cute. I'm flattered but wary. Also, he uses "U" instead of "You" so I'm trying my best not to pull him up on it.
    He's gone quiet for now but I suppose it's nice that a complete stranger thinks I'm cute... :pac::confused:
    And how was your weekend?

EDIT: So, chatted to him some more. He's a Crumlin lad and he "wants to get to know me better". Someone tell me how to react! D:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Angron wrote: »
    On a lighter topic, here's an angry looking otter eating some watermelon:
    http://dailypicksandflicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Evil-Otter-Eating-a-Watermelon-5.jpg

444063dd93f69b0e39037cbdd0c9c042.jpg

At the moment yes. Bit down in the dumps but no crying or anything like that. Too angry to get upset yet, which is a good thing. I deal with anger way better than I deal with being upset!

I'm sorry to hear you're single again, you're going through a lot lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

January wrote: »
    I'm sorry to hear you're single again, you're going through a lot lately.

Not really, just this and one other family thing. Still have it better than most tbh.

Apparently he wants to try work it out when he calls me later (i did the dumping). So we'll see.

Either way i have enough in my life that's good, so I won't let this knock me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

McChubbin wrote: »
    EDIT: So, chatted to him some more. He's a Crumlin lad and he "wants to get to know me better". Someone tell me how to react! D:

Tell him about yourself but don't forget to ask about him.

Sorry to hear your news gs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Not really, just this and one other family thing. Still have it better than most tbh.

Apparently he wants to try work it out when he calls me later (i did the dumping). So we'll see.

Either way i have enough in my life that's good, so I won't let this knock me.

Tough lady! Hope you are doing alright

I'm super tired today for some reason, having awful nightmares the last couple of nights too so that's probably adding to it!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Jaysus GS, hope yer doing alright! And the rest of ye too :)

My micro dermal is stuck in limbo now - I dunno whether to try push it back in or yoink it out! It'll probably stay the way it is atm and I'll get to a piercer tomorrow after work.

I was out in Tralee last night. Some experience being amongst the 17 year olds, I felt so old the feckers!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

jenizzle wrote: »
    Jaysus GS, hope yer doing alright! And the rest of ye too :)

My micro dermal is stuck in limbo now - I dunno whether to try push it back in or yoink it out! It'll probably stay the way it is atm and I'll get to a piercer tomorrow after work.

I was out in Tralee last night. Some experience being amongst the 17 year olds, I felt so old the feckers!

you are old!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Spending the evening doing work and listening to music through headphones...probably shouldn't be using headphones but sod it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

And you didn't come say hello? :( Where'd you go?

• Advertisement

Adiboo wrote: »
    And you didn't come say hello? :( Where'd you go?

Horans :o T'was a family get together!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Sorry to hear g_s. Hope it works out one way or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Sorry t hear ya news gs.
    I decided on Friday before I went out to start watching father ted from the start just to laugh and netflix the ba5tards got rid of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Horans :o

No wonder you were surrounded by the young ones then! :p

Adiboo wrote: »
    No wonder you were surrounded by the young ones then! :p

I know! Still had good craic though, and the steak sammich in the Grand is whopper :cool:

Usual piercer isn't around today, I'll have to venture into town later and find someone to remove my dermal. Sad times, but at least I have a perfectly straight line of scarring down my sternum from various failed piercings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Just seen Marty's new tattoo on Facebook. Niiiiiiiiiice :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

This made me smile.

I just got Skyrim. *que "I took an arrow to the knee" jokes*

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I remember when they released the modding tools for that game, a lot of people's first actions was to remove that line of dialogue.

I accidently attacked a chicken in Riverwood and the whole town came down on me like a ton of bricks! I'm playing as a Dark Elf for my first play through. The controls are a bit fiddly tho...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I accidently attacked a chicken in Riverwood and the whole town came down on me like a ton of bricks! I'm playing as a Dark Elf for my first play through. The controls are a bit fiddly tho...

Well that's animal cruelty right there :)
    Attack a goose. Them be crazy fcukers :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

What're you playing on?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I just got Skyrim. *que "I took an arrow to the knee" jokes*
    arrow to the knee actually means got married

Angron wrote: »
    What're you playing on?
    PC. Must resist the urge to mod the everloving **** out of it. :D Also, I nearly crapped myself when that dragon showed up at the start. Talk about throwing you into the deep end right off the bat! D:
    But still... **** YEAH, DRAGONS!

Ah yeah, some mods are great. I have it on PC too, had a bunch of mods installed, didn't play for ages. Next time I tried to start the game, some mod was crashing it, so I had fun trying to figure out exactly what mod was doing what :P

My dog threw herself down a few steps last night and dislocated her knee. She had surgery to pin it in place this morning. Poor little thing isn't allowed walk for ten days and has to be enclosed in a space no more than 2mx2m for the next eight weeks.

Poor little thing is crying. Breaks my heart :(

Poor baby :(

Our family dog did something to his back once and needed to be confined for two weeks. He was not a happy doggy.

January wrote: »
    Poor baby :(

Our family dog did something to his back once and needed to be confined for two weeks. He was not a happy doggy.

The poor thing. Feels wrong confining them, even though it's for their own good.

I know, it's unnatural to keep them locked up like that!

• Advertisement

When we first got our cat, she was a wild little furball who loved to climb up onto the worktops in the kitchen in search of scraps.
    One day, whilst I was out, she got onto the worktop and inadvertedly knocked a plate off which hit her as she jumped down. Freak accident, she broke one of her hips and we had to fork out a small fortune to have it pinned into place. We set up a box under the kitchen table with a firegrate over it so she couldn't escape but the wily little thing kept getting out so we put a phonebook on top.
    Nope, still tried to escape. We put the full weight of my stepdad's toolbox on top and, defient as ever, the cat tried desperately to get out.
    No word of a lie but around this stage, Queen's "I Want To Break Free" came on the radio. :pac:
    I shouldn't have laughed so hard but I did.
    Anyways, nowadays, the cat is a ****ing psychopath who spooks at the slightest noise and sneaks around like Gollum. She still has a limp but is otherwise reasonably healthy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement