Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

McChubbin wrote: »
    When we first got our cat, she was a wild little furball who loved to climb up onto the worktops in the kitchen in search of scraps.
    One day, whilst I was out, she got onto the worktop and inadvertedly knocked a plate off which hit her as she jumped down. Freak accident, she broke one of her hips and we had to fork out a small fortune to have it pinned into place. We set up a box under the kitchen table with a firegrate over it so she couldn't escape but the wily little thing kept getting out so we put a phonebook on top.
    Nope, still tried to escape. We put the full weight of my stepdad's toolbox on top and, defient as ever, the cat tried desperately to get out.
    No word of a lie but around this stage, Queen's "I Want To Break Free" came on the radio. :pac:
    I shouldn't have laughed so hard but I did.
    Anyways, nowadays, the cat is a ****ing psychopath who spooks at the slightest noise and sneaks around like Gollum. She still has a limp but is otherwise reasonably healthy.

My uncle gave us a playpen for the dog because she has to be confined. Poor thing is too sore to even try escape, she just keeps crying. Giving her more painkillers later (she's on tramadol, that stuff fcuking knocked me out when I was onit!), so hhopefully she'll feel better then and make an attempt to escape!

I'm sleeping on the couch so I can per her when she cries. Fcuker kept me awake all night trying to pull her cone off :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Quick question regarding pricing: Atilla quoted me a round €180 for 3 hours work. What would you guys consider to be an acceptable tip?
    I was thinking around €20-30.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Quick question regarding pricing: Atilla quoted me a round €180 for 3 hours work. What would you guys consider to be an acceptable tip?
    I was thinking around €20-30.
    If you want to go a slightly different route he's an Irish whiskey fan so a half decent bottle would probably go down well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Howdy folks hope everyone is keeping well :), just home from Poland and I am shattered but a great holdiay and such an amazing city one I couldn't recommend enough really cheap, beautiful city and a city that is steeped in history which I found fascinating, some lovely restaurants and really cool funky pubs and lot of good tours :).

Auschwitz is incredible really is it's creepy, surreal, fascinating and so many other descriptive words :pac:. But a tour I think everyone should do some of the stories and sights you see whilst there are incredible, shocking and sad at the same time.

Oh and I got my new tattoo :).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Down almost half a stone in 7 weeks. Considering I couldn't properly work out for four of those because of shin splints I'm pretty happy. Measurements are all more or less the same though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

New piece looks great marty. Off to dachau myself in the morning. For now I'll have to content myself with being in a beer hall surrounded by people shouting their heads off against arsenal. How ever shall I cope...

P_1 wrote: »
    New piece looks great marty. Off to dachau myself in the morning. For now I'll have to content myself with being in a beer hall surrounded by people shouting their heads off against arsenal. How ever shall I cope...

:pac::pac: I don't know but I'm you will find the strength to cope with it ha.

Nice having a good time in Germany? I love the German people.

dinorebel wrote: »
    If you want to go a slightly different route he's an Irish whiskey fan so a half decent bottle would probably go down well.
    Sounds good! There's a new one on the market in my local supermarket- Dubliner's Whiskey. It tastes like a liquid Crunchy bar! :D Might get him a bottle of that to say thanks! Cheers for the tip. I'm about €50 away from my funding goal so I'm hoping to get inked by March at the earliest. So help me, if one more thing pops up requiring me to dip into the ink fund, I will seriously lose my ****.

In other news, I am unwinding after an eventful day wandering around the Hugh Lane gallery. Saw Francis Bacon's work. It's stunning and his studio is amazing- nice to know I'm not the only one who likes to work in organized chaos. :D
    Right now, I'm drinking a cold Hobgoblin and about to fire up Skyrim for an hour or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

:pac::pac: I don't know but I'm you will find the strength to cope with it ha.

Nice having a good time in Germany? I love the German people.

Yeah great craic so far. Not looking forward to the 15 hour train trip to montferand tomorrow mind but I'm sure rugby piss up time with les juanards will make up for it

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Evening all. Been a busy few days....started the garden yesterday, skip was delivered, started putting the rubbish in and it was full in an hour. :rolleyes: So as I was finished that, I decided to empty the shed (new one is due next week) and then took my trusty sledgehammer to it! :D:D

294907.jpg

So the skip is now full, the shed is knocked, the garden is cleared....and the mini-digger doesn't come til Saturday morning...I'm bored now. I like breaking sh!t. :cool: :cool:

• Advertisement

PKM, your posts never cease to amuse me. :D
    Hope the garden remodelling goes well for you.

Anyhoo, how are yiz? I'm just killing time before I head off to see The Lego Movie. I'm trying to find a copy of that awesome book Atilla showed me at my consultation- it was a reletively small book containing hundreds of photographs of skulls from various angles.
    Going mad trying to find it as I'd like to try and improve my drawing skills by using it as a reference.
    Any suggestions? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

PKM, your posts never cease to amuse me. :D
    Hope the garden remodelling goes well for you.

Thank you dear, at least I amuse/entertain someone in here! :D Well, I went down and paid for the digger today, they'll deliver it around 3pm tomorrow. Watch this space for a You Tube video or pics of me trying to wheelie it or turn it over or something daft. :cool: Going for dinner tonight for our anniversary (looking forward to the biggest steak they have). Going to JP's Steakhouse in Mullingar. Not working tomorrow night thankfully, but I'm in Saturday night and Sunday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

So the misses got me a new Munster Jersey and a voucher for Allstar tattoo for the oul birthday!! Happy days! :D

The Lego Movie was AWESOME.
    I had a bit of a fangasm when the Millenium Falcon turned up. :D Also, earworms from that damn catchy theme tune.
    Also, PKM, would love to see you try to pop a wheelie in the digger! Do it! For ****es and giggles! :D
    I'm in a giddy mood and about to try a mysterious Torpedo Wrap from Roxie's Diner for me din-dins. Gonna wash it down with a Hobgoblin or two. Life is peachy. :)

gregers85 wrote: »
    So the misses got me a new Munster Jersey and a voucher for Allstar tattoo for the oul birthday!! Happy days! :D

Nice now the hard decision what to use the voucher on? :).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

So the misses got me a new Munster Jersey

Does she not like you or something?
    :D

Nice now the hard decision what to use the voucher on? :).

Oh I don't know what to do! She got me a voucher at Xmas too and with my tattoo fund i have a nice little pot built up! I'm kinda holding out to see what Ross and Ami James have planned for cork before I decide! So many ideas not enough space!! Love your New piece too man it's awesome!

Does she not like you or something?
    :D

Blue isn't very flattering on me yano! :-p

Blue isn't very flattering on me yano! :-p

Yeah I'd be blue all the way.
    Missed the match tonight cuz my upc is fcuked
    Waitin a week for new one.
    Can't wait for Ireland game on sat :)

Yeh looking forward to it myself! gonna be a serious battle id say!

• Advertisement

Yeh looking forward to it myself! gonna be a serious battle id say!

Read in the paper from ex English player who said if they take out ( purposely take out of the game) o Driscoll then the game is England's to win it but if not Ireland will crawl all over them.

Happy Friday :)

Happy Friday :)

Someone's in a good mood?
    Cen fath??

Read in the paper from ex English player who said if they take out ( purposely take out of the game) o Driscoll then the game is England's to win it but if not Ireland will crawl all over them.

O'Driscoll is the man! but I can see tomorrow being a forwards game! good old fashioned gritty rugby! love it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

P.K.M. wrote: »
    I like breaking sh!t. :cool: :cool:

Who doesn't? :pac:

Happy Friday indeed. I thought it'd never get here :p

Someone's in a good mood?
    Cen fath??

Yay, Irish! :)

Day off, payment day, one day in work tomorrow and then another two days off. Plus I have nice plans for something to do on Sunday :)

Oh, and the sun is shining :)

Sun is shining
    The weather is sweet
    Makes you wanna move
    Your dancing feet

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

But it's still freezing out, brrrrrr

Happy Friday! I've to drag two kids kicking and screaming to get vaccinations today, so looking forward to this.

Do they sill give sugar lumps to kids when they get vaccinations? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Off today myself as well :) Have a few bits and pieces to get done, including making a cheesecake for a dinner and board games night at my friend's place tomorrow! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement