Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Ankhyu wrote: »
    This thread is krill-iant! Ye're all great at whiting puns
    You're Whelkome.

(I seem to be a Dab hand at this)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Can't believe it's gone on that long haha. Seems to brought everyone back. Ya have all been hidin lately :)
    But yes the original topic was of my username and it's because I fish at the dodder.

Ps damo how long did tat t-hake ya to come up with all dab ( sorry one more and I'm dolphin-ately fin-ished)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

C'mon now, less clown-ing around and get back to a proper and reel discussion. I can't be a fly on the wall any longer, these puns have stepped over the line.

January, kids free wedding is so much easier. Surprising so many people are using the babysitter excuse already!! Plenty of time to sort that out. You get your dress yet? Think I was lurking when it was last mentioned. Sounds amaaaazing!

PKM, looooove mini diggers, so much fun...........until you hit a water pipe :eek:

Owner of the business was visiting today and all the other units in Ireland. I've a feeling I'm gonna get a bollocking in the morning from my area manager. I emphasised how we've attempted touching new customers but it's not good enough. Irritates me that they expect us to do as well as Dublin when Sligo is still on its knees and nowhere out of a recession any time soon. Think he noted how I'd said they were pushing me to be manager but I hadn't accepted yet :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    C'mon now, less clown-ing around and get back to a proper and reel discussion. I can't be a fly on the wall any longer, these puns have stepped over the line.

January, kids free wedding is so much easier. Surprising so many people are using the babysitter excuse already!! Plenty of time to sort that out. You get your dress yet? Think I was lurking when it was last mentioned. Sounds amaaaazing!

PKM, looooove mini diggers, so much fun...........until you hit a water pipe :eek:

Owner of the business was visiting today and all the other units in Ireland. I've a feeling I'm gonna get a bollocking in the morning from my area manager. I emphasised how we've attempted touching new customers but it's not good enough. Irritates me that they expect us to do as well as Dublin when Sligo is still on its knees and nowhere out of a recession any time soon. Think he noted how I'd said they were pushing me to be manager but I hadn't accepted yet :(.

No dress until I get this monster baby out of me... on any of the girls I'd have been able to go shopping because I had no visible bump... but this time I am big and bumpy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Foam party in my kitchen! :pac:
    Seriously, it's like Ibiza. Just got it cleaned up but all the while I was singing Vengaboy tunes. :D

• Advertisement

January wrote: »
    No dress until I get this monster baby out of me... on any of the girls I'd have been able to go shopping because I had no visible bump... but this time I am big and bumpy!

You still pregnant?
    Ffs get a rope tie it around the babies feet and pull em out :D

McChubbin wrote: »
    Foam party in my kitchen! :pac:
    Seriously, it's like Ibiza. Just got it cleaned up but all the while I was singing Vengaboy tunes. :D
    Hand in your man card now!!!!!!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Dam I missed all the fish puns!!! If we're finished with this let minnow!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

She doesn't have one to hand in :p

tumblr_lv45cimRhT1qci0cso2_500.gif

• Advertisement

Fcuk my bad
    Dunno why I read the benga boys as Marty's username.
    Should really stop drinking!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Coffee is not enough to get me through today.

On the plus side, I'm off tomorrow and had a ridiculously busy day in work yesterday. Hopefully it'll be equally busy today :)

It's mad nowadays with work. Years ago you'd be delighted to have a nice easy handy day but now if it's too handy and sales are doing there'll be cut backs and no one wants that so everyone wants busy times now.
    I'm the same. I love a good solid day. And besides the day does fly in then

You still pregnant?
    Ffs get a rope tie it around the babies feet and pull em out :D

Stop, I know! I've still got 8 weeks left! It's totally dragging in!

Stupid junkie basterd broke into my stand last night while I was at home. Security caught him and got almost all of our stock back, but the cabinet doors are broken so it's gonna be fun trying to get them back on their poxy hinges.

Dopey git took stock but didn't think to take the load of money that was in the cabinet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

It's mad nowadays with work. Years ago you'd be delighted to have a nice easy handy day but now if it's too handy and sales are doing there'll be cut backs and no one wants that so everyone wants busy times now.
    I'm the same. I love a good solid day. And besides the day does fly in then

More so when your jobs is sales based and there's commission to be made! :D
    I hate quiet days at work.

This x 100

No commission this week, because our sales were rubbish, but it's looking likely that we'll get it for next week :)

This x 100

No commission this week, because our sales were rubbish, but it's looking likely that we'll get it for next week :)

Do you have to hit a target first before you earn any? That sucks

Do you have to hit a target first before you earn any? That sucks

Two targets! :pac: one, which is cash total, is fine, we average triple ths cash target. The other one, new customer total, we didn't reach last week because the shop next door to us started selling a similar (but inferior) product for less than half the price of ours :pac:

I left all that door to door job.
    Too much hassle and not guaranteed a proper set wage a week.

• Advertisement

Two targets! :pac: one, which is cash total, is fine, we average triple ths cash target. The other one, new customer total, we didn't reach last week because the shop next door to us started selling a similar (but inferior) product for less than half the price of ours :pac:

Ah but that's not fair on ye either. Not your fault that a competitor opened up nearby!

Ah but that's not fair on ye either. Not your fault that a competitor opened up nearby!

I know! To 'push' us, they RAISED our targets :pac:

I left all that door to door job.
    Too much hassle and not guaranteed a proper set wage a week.

I wouldn't be able to hack door to door anyway, nevermind a commission based wage! So I don't blame you.

I'm lucky in that I still get a basic salary whether I make sales or not. Have targets and stuff obviously, but there's commission on anything I sell. Though the more I sell, the more commission I get on all my previous sales that month too, so it's in my best interests to sell as much as I can!

I wouldn't be able to hack door to door anyway, nevermind a commission based wage! So I don't blame you.

I'm lucky in that I still get a basic salary whether I make sales or not. Have targets and stuff obviously, but there's commission on anything I sell. Though the more I sell, the more commission I get on all my previous sales that month too, so it's in my best interests to sell as much as I can!

The basic is precisely why I'm fairly happy with my job. I get my hourly wage regardless of what I sell. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I officially feel like azombie today, got back from Poland last Wednesday and after tonight will have worked 72 hours since in a mixture of days shifts and nights.

Last night was meant to be last night but someone pulled a sickie so got offered mid week overtime which is rare in my job especially this time of year so couldn't say no, bright side more money downside I feel dead on my feet stupid jet lag night shift feeling.

Roll on tomorrow think a few pints will be in order and relaxing :).

Just back from Omni. Got new clothes and a snazzy black blazer. I'm due to go to a family friend's engagement party in two weeks so the shopping spree was long overdue. Also bought a feckload of DVDs from the CEX Exchange but I'm raging- they could'nt find the DVD for THe Girl Who Played With Fire. :(
    Right now I'm going to throw on a quiche and veg out.

Missing my little girl right now.
    She'll be turning 4 on Saturday

:(

My little girl was 4 on Monday, time really flies.

Will you get to celebrate with her?

January wrote: »
    :(

My little girl was 4 on Monday, time really flies.

Will you get to celebrate with her?

Yeah I will thank god.
    Having huge party for her in adventure centre for kids. Can't think of what to get her so I'm paying for the party.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Fish puns and I missed them...ya batter be joking me!!

Nice evening, got a really lovely compliment about my work tonight and it was exactly what I needed! I was getting quite grumpy at the time!

Spent my evening (once I got in from work)watching supernatural and doing shellac on my nails...they look so good!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement