Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

kellief wrote: »
    Fish puns and I missed them...ya batter be joking me!!

Nice evening, got a really lovely compliment about my work tonight and it was exactly what I needed! I was getting quite grumpy at the time!

Spent my evening (once I got in from work)watching supernatural and doing shellac on my nails...they look so good!!
    And you managed the fish pun:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

I'm absolutely shattered from work lately! One of the lads came to see me about a case a few minutes ago and i couldn even log into my PC took about ten goes at the bloody password! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

gregers85 wrote: »
    I'm absolutely shattered from work lately! One of the lads came to see me about a case a few minutes ago and i couldn even log into my PC took about ten goes at the bloody password! :(

i have to use 4 different usernames and passwords for different things in work and 2 of the passwords have to be changed every week or two.sometimes it takes aaaaaaaaaages to figure out the right password

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I burnt my finger making dinner tonight. There be a blister and it be squishy. Must. Not. Pop. Nuuuuuu.
    Just sitting here listening to The Bloodhound Gang and drinking a pre-beers MiWadi. Nothing planned for tonight so I'm going to take it easy and nurse my boo-boo.
    BTW, can anyone recommend a good beer to try out for tomorrow night? Getting a bit bored with my standard Molson's Canadian TBH. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Beer? No... spirit, yes.

Everyone and everything is pissing me off today :|

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Sat in a bar in hamburg nursing some very sore feet killing time before the night train to amsterdam. Have to admit that astra is quite the tasty beer not too sure about its availability in dublin mind

Well, the off license I'll be going to tomorrow is McHugh's in Artane. They have a good selection of craft beers but I don't know where to start. Usually when picking a new beer, I go by the manager's recommendation or however strong the alcohol content is.. :/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Not really that knowledgeable about craft beers, most of the ones I've tried have been on the recommendation of a boardsie here in Galway. I think the one I've liked most was Jarl, quite hoppy.

McChubbin wrote: »
    Well, the off license I'll be going to tomorrow is McHugh's in Artane. They have a good selection of craft beers but I don't know where to start. Usually wvhen picking a new beer, I go by the manager's recommendation or however strong the alcohol content is.. :/

Some recommendayions from my trip if they have any in mchughs...

Augustiner weisse
    Astra
    kolsch
    Gaulauisse
    Chimay
    Flensburger

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

P_1 wrote: »
    Some recommendayions from my trip if they have any in mchughs...

Augustiner weisse
    Astra
    kolsch
    Gaulauisse
    Chimay
    Flensburger

Augustiner mmmmm best beer at Oktoberfest :).

Hoffbrau Weisse is nice as well, one my go to beers in the off license here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I tried Hoffbrau a few months back when I saw it in an offo, remembering marty recommended it to me about a yeat ago. Gorgeous stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Evening all. Hope y'all are doing ok.

Today, I fired up my bike and rode it up and down the road. God she sounds sweet! Hoping to order the plastics I need in the next few weeks, need to scrape €500 together. Then I can finish my baby and finally put her back on the road. Can't wait. :D

The skip was finally collected today, so have the hardcore ordered to start the next section of the garden (have the kid's play area done already) just need to bum a wheelbarrow and shovel now! :rolleyes:

Then got a call from a friend who broke down. She has a 2000 BMW and it's been breaking her heart the last few weeks. The fuel pump went on it a month ago (on top of other things) and it went again today. So I towed her up to the house, took out the fuel pump, went to a breakers and got another one (€40 so not too bad) and back to the house and had it in and car running in ten minutes. She was a happy girl. It's only til tomorrow anyway as she's after buying herself a 2004 Audi S4 (Jammy bitch!) and poor me, I have to scrap the Primera. I only have it ten months, it'd cost more to get her 100% than what it's worth. A lad down the road said he'd give me €200 for it as is. He's welcome to it.

All's I can say is....ROLL ON THE WEEKEND! :cool: :D

Hoffbrau.. is that by anyway affliliated with David Hasslehoff? :pac:
    Just wanted an excuse to post this because I'm drunk:

McChubbin wrote: »
    Hoffbrau.. is that by anyway affliliated with David Hasslehoff? :pac:
    Just wanted an excuse to post this because I'm drunk:
    Nien!! Hasselhoff ist ein opp.ortunist cultural betlinner. Hofbrauhause is an establishhed munchen brauhaus! Culture oneself bitte :p

P_1 wrote: »
    Nien!! Hasselhoff ist ein opp.ortunist cultural betlinner. Hofbrauhause is an establishhed munchen brauhaus! Culture oneself bitte :p

Du sprechst hervorragend Deutch :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Weird night in pub. Apparently I'm moving to Alaska next summer ha
    Was leaving at ten and having smoke outside and someone asked me did I get to Vancouver for my salmon fishing I said no but this year definitely then two people I've never met said come to our house and well fish for salmon and they're from my favourite country!!
    Alaska baby haha my new BFF's

Du sprechst hervorragend Deutch :pac:

Clearly I was a perfect model of sobriety when I posted that...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

i have to use 4 different usernames and passwords for different things in work and 2 of the passwords have to be changed every week or two.sometimes it takes aaaaaaaaaages to figure out the right password

Haha we're the same! ours only change once a month though haha, I have a notepad file on my desktop with all of them saved haha otherwise id be screwed!! :P

went to bed at about half 9 last night and feel fresh as a daisy today!! nothing like a good nights sleep!! think ill have a few beers later to celebrate lol :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I've about a dozen different usernames and passwords, have to just keep them all in my head!

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Evening all. Hope y'all are doing ok.

Today, I fired up my bike and rode it up and down the road. God she sounds sweet! Hoping to order the plastics I need in the next few weeks, need to scrape €500 together. Then I can finish my baby and finally put her back on the road. Can't wait. :D

The skip was finally collected today, so have the hardcore ordered to start the next section of the garden (have the kid's play area done already) just need to bum a wheelbarrow and shovel now! :rolleyes:

Then got a call from a friend who broke down. She has a 2000 BMW and it's been breaking her heart the last few weeks. The fuel pump went on it a month ago (on top of other things) and it went again today. So I towed her up to the house, took out the fuel pump, went to a breakers and got another one (€40 so not too bad) and back to the house and had it in and car running in ten minutes. She was a happy girl. It's only til tomorrow anyway as she's after buying herself a 2004 Audi S4 (Jammy bitch!) and poor me, I have to scrap the Primera. I only have it ten months, it'd cost more to get her 100% than what it's worth. A lad down the road said he'd give me €200 for it as is. He's welcome to it.

All's I can say is....ROLL ON THE WEEKEND! :cool: :D

Jasus ask her will she give us a shot of it, an S4 nice performance :).

• Advertisement

A fella I worked with had an s4 then an s5 then rs4 and then went to a Audi R8
    Now drives a range rover over finch

A fella I worked with had an s4 then an s5 then rs4 and then went to a Audi R8
    Now drives a range rover over finch

I was really impressed with that list until the Range Rover popped up :(.

Some serious money spent on cars there though nice.

Just home from Tesco were I went to pick up my go to hangover food a big ass tub of Ben & Jerrys I bought peanut butter cup trying to convince myself it is somewhat healthy :pac: sshhhh don't ruin it.

I actually heave when I see peanut butter and my daughter loves it on toast with jam and every time I heave or puke.

Apparently I'm the only person in the world who didn't know hulk hogan had a sex tape ha.
    Why couldn't it be his ex wife Linda :(
    How we all doing tonight?
    Can't believe I've a frickin 4 year old daughter now!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Well I don't know about the Linda part, but the fact that there's a Hogan sex tape is proof that everything is terrible forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Rod Serling

hogan-sex-tape-web.jpg

;__; same

I don't want to work. I'm going to sulk until it's time to leave my house. *hmmph*

On the plus side, going to the Leinster match later. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Happy birthday to your little one dodderangler!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Cupcakes are cooling before icing, going over the test I've prepared for my students at 2 and all with a sore throat and feeling pants! I usually have a nice little lie on every Saturday morning but not today! I might need a nap before this birthday party later on today! My friend's little girl is having a ballet themed party later on today and I'm very excited!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement