Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

The cake i made a few days ago was a success. Was just told this - 'twas lully 10/10, would eat again' :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Afternoon, folks!
    I tried two new brews last night: From Wynchwood Brewaries (the lovely folk behind Hobgoblin), I got 3 bottles of Black Witch porter and one of Dr. Thirsty's Number 4 Blonde. Both were delish but I'd be more inclined towards Black Witch as I'm a porter fan.
    Good stuff. Right now, I'm craving pancakes with sugar and orange. Have to wait 'til Tuesday, though.
    My mom makes lovely American style pancakes once in a while but on Pancake day, she always makes CREPES. They're nice but I prefer the chunky kind. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Absolute shattered at this stage. Had a wonderful stroll around amsterdam but the amount of english stag tours is something else. Picked up and small quantity of herbs that is intend to ko myself with later

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

P_1 wrote: »
    Picked up and small quantity of herbs that is intend to ko myself with later

The oregano over there is killer alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Hope you're enjoying yourself P_1!

We are watching Frozen for the 348 time since we got it... I know all the words... as do the girls... It's pretty funny hearing my 2 year old, who can't string a sentence together, sing all the words to all the songs no bother on her.

• Advertisement

Adiboo wrote: »
    The oregano over there is killer alright.

Pfft its basil I'll have you know...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I don't know what yeas are talking about anytime I was in Amsterdam was only there to look at the fascinating canals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I don't know what yeas are talking about anytime I was in Amsterdam was only there to look at the fascinating canals.

That's what everyone says Marty...

Oh they're fascinating alright. :-P I'm absolutely billoxed now mind, who'd have thought that spending the guts of 2 weeks walking about various cities for 8 hours a pop would be so tiring eh

So, I just found out Ernie Hudson of Ghostbusters fame is going to be appearing at Dublin Comic Con....
    tumblr_md6wylSTwa1rqfhi2o1_250.gif
    Looks like this is going to be an epic convention! :D

• Advertisement

Anyone see Dmitiry Samohin facebook today? Jasus. I like the picture but certainly not hiding his thoughts on the issue fair play some angry comments on it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

What issue?

Angron wrote: »
    What issue?

Well he's from and living in Ukraine and posted up a drawing of Putin with the infamous Adolf Hitler moustache, given his wide reach and how well known he is that takes some balls imo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Ah I see. Yeah, that's pretty ballsy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

So found out today my department in work is closing at the end of the month! fecking balls!
    Not loosing the job but either have a choice of going back on regular inbound calls (i work in a call centre)
    Or joining a different 2nd line team which doubles my work load, puts me on shift work (currently on a sweet 9-5) and i get a 20euro a week raise! wow!
    I dont know weather im pissed off or depressed at the mo!! :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Evening all. Busy few days. Work on Saturday night was mental!! Place was full enough, but it was fight after fight after fight....I don't know, feckin' full moon or something. :rolleyes: Jesus some people really shouldn't be out in public! :mad:

Then spent all day today doing some more work in the back garden. Hardcore arrives tomorrow, so needed to get some levelling done today. Then the new shed arrives Friday. :cool:

Also got a call from the old job (from years ago who I did cover for last month) they want me back in on Wednesday. Another few quid! YAY! My tattooist also called, I'm back in with him next week to get more work done, so will be bugging ye with pics of that.

And finally (for now anyway) spent a bit of time clearing out the Primera. She's going for scrap tomorrow. I can't do anything to save her at this stage. It'd cost maybe €600 or more to get her 100% and the car is only worth maybe that anyway. And there's no guarantee something else won't go wrong either. So I'll take a hit on this one...she's outta here tomorrow and I'll put the money towards the bike or the garden or something...

That's it for now, talk to ye in a bit. :D :cool:

In a state of stupidity I've managed to arrive in holyhead a good 6 hours before my ferrys due to leave. Nothings open at all

Oh god. What are you gonna do?

Oh god. What are you gonna do?

Terminals open, got a charged phone, WiFi and some crisps, could be worse, there might be something open in the town but I couldn't be arsrd walking over to it

P_1 wrote: »
    Terminals open, got a charged phone, WiFi and some crisps, could be worse, there might be something open in the town but I couldn't be arsrd walking over to it

Crisps and wifi for six hours.. I would crack up. Good luck with that :pac:

• Advertisement

Crisps and wifi for six hours.. I would crack up. Good luck with that :pac:

Sleep is also a distinct possibility. Dammit they should have a ten o clock ferry

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

WiFi and crips and noboby annoying ya?

Fcukin' heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Finally given up on my nostril piercing, it just wouldn't heal no matter what I did. Also I have a presentation this week and managed to drop the clear plastic push fit disc on the ground and the skin colour one is more obvious than a normal stud.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Something wrong with my phone that my boss hasn't been able to contact me like he told me what time I was in yesterday for this morning but I never got it and I texted him last night askin what time and I got up this morning and texted him twice but never wb to me now he's saying not to come in an all. I've proof I texted him ffs
    Sick of sh!te

Cris Gherman announced on his fb/instagram that he will be posting details tomorrow on how to win a free tattoo from him. Thought I'd be nice and let you fcukers know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Came across this page this morning and thought you'd appreciate it. :)

http://thechive.com/2014/03/03/tattoos-that-are-more-than-a-little-regretable-37-photos/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Mr E wrote: »
    Came across this page this morning and thought you'd appreciate it. :)

http://thechive.com/2014/03/03/tattoos-that-are-more-than-a-little-regretable-37-photos/

The boy in the top one looks like a werewolf.

I have homemade tiramisu. Nom. Then, later on, crepes suzette for after dinner snacks. Yay!

It may be pancake Tuesday but no pigging out for me I'll be giving these a try and keeping it clean may add in some protein powder for a little added flavour :).

1912101_256358844488149_2129387914_n.jpg

• Advertisement

Oh, it's Pancake Tuesday? I was wondering why they were selling them in college.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement