Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I don't like pancakes, but flourless ones are quite nice. I'd say you will like them.

I'm not even bothering with pancakes. Dinner will be cchickpeas, green beans, broccoli, beansprouts and two chicken breasts all put into a bag, covered in chilli powder, smoked paprika, cajun seasoning and water, then thrown in the oven for thirty minutes.

Om nom nom. :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Banana pancakes are lush! Throw on some peanut butter, it's a taste sensation :D

I'll be making some with coconut flour later, cannot frikkin' wait :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Oooh, Green_Screen, that sounds delish!

McChubbin wrote: »
    Oooh, Green_Screen, that sounds delish!

It is :D plus it's not full of bad carbs (unless you're my sister and throw it all on top of a plate of rice), and is fairly low in calories.

I don't like most veg (bar chickpeas and carrots), so the spices annihilate the flavour of the ones I don't like but know I should eat :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

jenizzle wrote: »
    Banana pancakes are lush! Throw on some peanut butter, it's a taste sensation :D

I'll be making some with coconut flour later, cannot frikkin' wait :cool:

Whats coconut flour like? Usually if I'm cooking anything that requires flour I use oat flour, same goes for any meal such as meatloaf that says use crackers I use milled oats to help hold it all together.

Also I was thinking some good dark chocolate and peanut butter to top them off :)

• Advertisement

Whats coconut flour like? Usually if I'm cooking anything that requires flour I use oat flour, same goes for any meal such as meatloaf that says use crackers I use milled oats to help hold it all together.

I've used it to make muffins and they were yummy (with ground almonds and dark chocolate pieces). Also made a pizza base but it was too thick and very dry so that recipe would need adjusting.

It soaks up soooo much liquid - I think I'll need about 5 eggs, a cup of milk and a tablespoon of coconut flour, I'll let ye know how I get on later :D

Used to use milled porridge for my protein bars and oat pancakes, but I haven't made them in aaaages. Must do that today too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

started a low carb diet today! that wasnt well planned out on my part!! fecking pancake day!

gregers85 wrote: »
    started a low carb diet today! that wasnt well planned out on my part!! fecking pancake day!

Flourless pancakes. Have a look at what Marty stuck up :)

Flourless pancakes. Have a look at what Marty stuck up :)

I seen them!! looks good but unfortunately they are not in the canteen at work but a hape of regular ones are being fried as we speak lol :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Have business pitch tomorrow which is worth quite a few marks. One of the women in my group is 8 months pregnant and was feeling a bit sick today. Went in for a scan and told us she'd probably only be an hour, that she'd rang this morning and it should just be an in and out job. Got a text from here there saying she's being admitted! Didn't say what's wrong. She said yesterday as well that the baby is transverse so thinking it could be to do with that. Really worried now, hope everything's okay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I just creped myself!

Crepe with egg, ham, cheese and maple syrup! :D

Had simple crepes with orange and sugar. Yummy, they were.

Just in the door from rugby! Not a pancake was consumed today!! Happy out! Think I'll give Marty's ones a whack for breakfast tomorrow! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

All creped out myself. May have had one crep avec jambon et fromage too many last week in fairness.

So I made normal pancakes and it was my first time making the batter. Served with lemon and sugar. Delish :D

And then I made coconut flour pancakes. The recipe was more like those you'd buy in shops, or American ones so they were very eggy, heavy, and overall wasn't very impressed after eating the normal ones first. I'll keep pluggin' away though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

I had boxty pancakes (with a chicken, ham, leek and mushroom filling) for dinner and banana, blueberry, walnut and butterscotch sauce for dessert.

Pancake Tuesday > Christmas :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

You all disgust me. Maple syrup is the only acceptable way to eat a pancake.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I think you'll find that bacon disagrees.

Adiboo wrote: »

Wrong if you've seen Super Troopers you would know there is only one acceptable way to eat maple syrup.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

Upon hearing loud music outside, my housemate and I decided to make a quick trip to investigate. We set off in the direction of the music, ready to find some sort of street party in the estate opposite.

After walking for about two blocks without the music getting any louder, we realised that we may, in fact, have just been following a car.

• Advertisement

Upon hearing loud music outside, my housemate and I decided to make a quick trip to investigate. We set off in the direction of the music, ready to find some sort of street party in the estate opposite.

After walking for about two blocks without the music getting any louder, we realised that we may, in fact, have just been following a car.

407331-mcbain_loafers_300x225_super.gif

:pac:

So, I just discovered a band called The Pretty Reckless. Heard about the lead singer Taylor Momsen a few times but never actually sought out her vocals before now. I love it! Also, I normally don't go for blondes but DAYUM....! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Adiboo wrote: »

Helllll nooooo!
    Nutella is only way to eat a pancake. Let it melt on hot pancake and it's frickin amazinnnng!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I made chocolate chip pancakes for the first time yesterday. Tasted great but they make an awful mess of the frying pan.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I made chocolate chip pancakes for the first time yesterday. Tasted great but they make an awful mess of the frying pan.

Tried that a while back and it does make a mess of the pan.
    So hasn't been done since.

Helllll nooooo!
    Nutella is only way to eat a pancake. Let it melt on hot pancake and it's frickin amazinnnng!!

Daniel-Bryan-Yes-Cheer.gif

I'd love to have one of those circular grills that crepe sellers have on the continent, just dump a load of Nutella onto it and let it melt in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Just rob one of those crepe stands... they have one in Blanchardstown Centre and Charlestown Centre... can't remember the name but the shop has a picture of a moose!

Never understood the appeal of Nutella. I'm more of a peanut butter person. Nutella is nice enough but it doesn't rock my socks off.
    No, blueberry coulis, creme fraiche, maple syrup and crispy bacon on Mam's homemade American-style pancakes. OH GOD YES.

January wrote: »
    Just rob one of those crepe stands... they have one in Blanchardstown Centre and Charlestown Centre... can't remember the name but the shop has a picture of a moose!

They're in the Ilac too.

Productive day today. Went into town intending to do some shopping at 10am, ended up chatting to a colleague for ages. Boss rocked up and was very impressed at my dedication :pac: Also had a word with him and I no longer have to wear slacks to work, I'm allowed wear black pencil skirts :D delighted, i despise trousers/jeans!

Then went home, changed and went for a jog (5k), shower, back out to do my mam's food shopping, got some lipstick and lingerie, then home, made dinner for everyone, cleaned up, and now I'm about to pass out from exhaustion. :pac:

How are you all doing? :)

• Advertisement

Nutella tut tut the lots of yeas it is crammed full of sugar but yea fcuk tht it is quite delicious in cakes and pancakes :).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement