Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Massive turnout at Paul Hayde's funeral this morning. The coffin was in a sidecar and there was a huge bike procession following. Also Paul's cousin played the Imperial March and Luke's theme on cello at the start of the mass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Question: I know it's only March but my brother is turning 30 on the 9th of April and I'm utterly clueless as to what I should get him to mark the ocassion. Don't want to get him anything hugely expensive but I'm wracking my brains tryna come up with ideas. Any help?
    My budget is €50. I suppose I could just give him the money in a card but I'd like to give him something a bit more meaningful.
    He's into Aphex Twin and electronica-style music if it helps...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

McChubbin wrote: »
    Question: I know it's only March but my brother is turning 30 on the 9th of April and I'm utterly clueless as to what I should get him to mark the ocassion. Don't want to get him anything hugely expensive but I'm wracking my brains tryna come up with ideas. Any help?
    My budget is €50. I suppose I could just give him the money in a card but I'd like to give him something a bit more meaningful.
    He's into Aphex Twin and electronica-style music if it helps...

A set of quality headphones perhaps? Sennheisers not Beats by Dre though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Does he drink? A nice beer hamper?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

P_1 wrote: »
    A set of quality headphones perhaps? Sennheisers not Beats by Dre though...

Be hard pushed to get them for 50 euro though no? Although you northsiders do have a knack for buying stuff of ahem the back of trucks :P.

• Advertisement

He's more of a cider drinker, really. And AFAIK I think he has a decent set of headphones. He makes his own music as a hobby so you might have something going there. The beer hamper would be a novel idea. Or perhaps a bottle of whiskey as he often likes a drop of the stuff.

Be hard pushed to get them for 50 euro though no? Although you northsiders do have a knack for buying stuff of ahem the back of trucks :P.

Says the westy :P

For thos of you who are metal fans this will not be fun I give you babymetal :pac: oh those crazy Japanese, someday I will visit that weird and wonderful place no doubt.

http://www.dailydot.com/lol/babymetal-metal-japanese-pop/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1712037

This pisses me off so much.

I don't give a fcuk that the dog was under anasthetic. What about the fcuking pain as it heals, the risk of infection, the fact that it's a fcuking dog, it'll scratch itself and could scratch the tattoo.

:mad: so annoyed at this.

I don't give a fcuk that the dog was under anasthetic. What about the fcuking pain as it heals, the risk of infection, the fact that it's a fcuking dog, it'll scratch itself and could scratch the tattoo.

You're link is fooked.

• Advertisement

Link just leads to a US tabloid kinda thing, guessing that some gobsheen decided it'd be a good idea to give their dog a tattoo?

Wtf, i copied it directly from the url :mad:

Long story short - tattoo artist's dog had surgery to remove its spleen.

Tattoo artist tattooed a heart and 2 names on the dog's shoulder while it was still out cold from the anasthetic. :mad:

Wtf, i copied it directly from the url :mad:

Long story short - tattoo artist's dog had surgery to remove its spleen.

Tattoo artist tattooed a heart and 2 names on the dog's shoulder while it was still out cold from the anasthetic. :mad:
    That's ****ing disgusting. Reminds me of a similar story where someone anaestetised a Sphynx cat and tattooed its' chest. Words fail me. The animal had no choice in the matter. It's abuse, plain and simple. :mad::(

EDIT: Blah. Post got cut off! Meant to say I'm seriously considering taking up sewing/craft classes as I desperately want to to cosplay as Xena for any future conventions. Been sitting here drinking Koppaberg and looking at costumes on the interwebs. Some gorgeous stuff out there.
    If I can get the same quality of detail as this picture, I'd die happily. Would be a huge learning curve, though. I tried to sew my own corset dress from cheap imitation leather a few years back and it was a complete disaster. I really need a good teacher to help me. I'm also inspired by my mother taking up extreme crocheting. She's in the process of making an Afghan throw for my brother. I tried to crochet myself but I'm all thumbs. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Seen the tattooed sphynx cat photos a few times. ****ing disgusts me. Animals are living breathing creatures not ****ing fashion accessories for you decorate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Disgusting people out there. Read a news article this morning about a load of kids removed from a house in Australia all showing signs of neglect. Majority were related to each other, as were their parents. They were forced to do horrific things to each other but were under the impression that it was normal. Those responsible have ruined their lives, poor souls.

Let's try cheer us all up now after those horrible stories...jesus!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Jesus kellief that's horrific!!!

As far as tattoos go on dogs, that guy was clearly looking for attention. Most greyhounds have tattoos but it was always put inside the ear. A number was all that was etched in. Now with microchips I'm not certain this is still practised.

Now that Remis is back in Dublin and by the sounds of it for good I got a very sudden itch for more tattoo's :cool:, the girlfriend is emailing him about an idea she has for herself for after she gives birth I'm excited for her yet jealous at the same time :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Ha soon as I saw Marty was the last poster I knew it'd be about Remis being back. Think I'll get something from him this time myself. No idea what though and it'll be tough to part with that money.

Now that Remis is back in Dublin and by the sounds of it for good I got a very sudden itch for more tattoo's :cool:, the girlfriend is emailing him about an idea she has for herself for after she gives birth I'm excited for her yet jealous at the same time :pac:

Get the baby's name on your neck. You'd fit in well in your area after. :p

Gorgeous day out. Gonna go for a walk in Howth, then off out for the night :)

Also, although I'm NOT a size 12, I saw a dress of my little sister's that I liked. Borrowed it to try on and it fits. Fcuk yeah, I can now steal my 16 year old sister's clothes. :cool:

Just back from Fairyhouse Market. I got a book of bizarre deaths that reads like a whos-who of Darwin Award nominees. :D
    Great craic! I also finally got my hands on a copy of the TankGirl movie. Mmmm. Lori Petty.... *drool*

• Advertisement

Get the baby's name on your neck. You'd fit in well in your area after. :p

Says your one who live in an area were there was recently a 2.5million drugs seizure :P.

Although have been thinking of asking him to do something for the baby down the line but don't want the usual footprint etc, I do like some portraits but would like something a bit different the same time but sure lots of time to think.

For the first time in years between my rib piece by Remis and two calf pieces I have no plans in motion or no ideas in my mind for a new tattoo and it feels really really really weird I'm not liking it one little bit :(.

Says your one who live in an area were there was recently a 2.5million drugs seizure :P.

Although have been thinking of asking him to do something for the baby down the line but don't want the usual footprint etc, I do like some portraits but would like something a bit different the same time but sure lots of time to think.

For the first time in years between my rib piece by Remis and two calf pieces I have no plans in motion or no ideas in my mind for a new tattoo and it feels really really really weird I'm not liking it one little bit :(.

My da was only trying to provide more money for the family, did you have to bring it up?! :p

Wow, that's really odd for you. You used to have 2 ideas on the go all the time :pac: what about the Turtles one?!

Wow, that's really odd for you. You used to have 2 ideas on the go all the time :pac: what about the Turtles one?!

I know sucks, Turtles one is still floating around in there but I haven't decided for definite I'm so used to saving, waiting and planning for dead certs it just feels weird. It's been over 3 years since I last had nothing in the works :pac:.

I know sucks, Turtles one is still floating around in there but I haven't decided for definite I'm so used to saving, waiting and planning for dead certs it just feels weird. It's been over 3 years since I last had nothing in the works :pac:.

Just go get some filler, be grand :)

I STILL have two tattoos I want. Been about 8 months since my last one. But they're both big pieces, so once I have France out of the way, I'm gonna start saving :)

Have several ideas for filling out the left arm at this stage, just need to get them down on paper and get chatting to some artists. Kinda reluctant to pull the trigger though seeing as it'll mean I'll have run out of skin

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

i've so many idea for tattoos but they all seem to be large scale pieces so i'll be saving for years to get them done.have a concept idea in mind that only remis could do so maybe that'll be my next one

supposed to be starting my sleeve on friday and i still haven't seen the design yet.i have implicit trust in the artist but i'm still a bit nervous and don't want to have to make changes so close to the start date

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm torn on my next piece I wanna get. It's likely either a Mewtwo, or something involving the two Charizard mega-evolutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Just 'cause a few people mentioned wanting to donate on here, I'm shaving my head Saturday the 15th. The donation page is open till the 28th of March though so no worries if you don't have money at the moment. Also if anyone's around Galway that night and feels like laughing at me it's happening as part of an event in the Blue Note. The link to donate is in my sig.:)

On the subject of Pokemon, I always thought Chapelizod was the name of a suped up Charmander evolution. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The painting from the end of GhostBusters 2, with the baby's portrait in place of Oscar?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement