Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

Won a voucher today for Atattooed in Bray. Anyone any experience or opinions on this place?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

The painting from the end of GhostBusters 2, with the baby's portrait in place of Oscar?

:pac::pac: now that would make one epic back piece :).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Just 'cause a few people mentioned wanting to donate on here, I'm shaving my head Saturday the 15th. The donation page is open till the 28th of March though so no worries if you don't have money at the moment. Also if anyone's around Galway that night and feels like laughing at me it's happening as part of an event in the Blue Note. The link to donate is in my sig.:)

Done ;)

How many apprentices can one shop have I can't keep up with Skin City these days they must have 4 or 5 apprentices on the go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

How many apprentices can one shop have I can't keep up with Skin City these days they must have 4 or 5 apprentices on the go.
    Most I've ever heard of is two apprentices at once. But then none of the shops round here are all that big.

• Advertisement

Most I've ever heard of is two apprentices at once. But then none of the shops round here are all that big.

Yea it's a really strange one imo if you look through any of there multiple apprentices portfolios not one of them has a single tattoo in it just artwork so far.

Even resident artist are getting hard to keep track of in there never mind the apprentices and sadly the standard of artists isn't the same it once was when you had Paolo, Michal etc in there imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Bleedin' wrecked. Don't want to work tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Yea it's a really strange one imo if you look through any of there multiple apprentices portfolios not one of them has a single tattoo in it just artwork so far.

Even resident artist are getting hard to keep track of in there never mind the apprentices and sadly the standard of artists isn't the same it once was when you had Paolo, Michal etc in there imo.

Yeah it's a strange set up there these days. I'd say the move from South William Street may not have been the best idea for them in hindsight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Got myself a Skype interview for later in the week. Useless at interviews but never done one over skype before so don't know if it'll be better or worse. One of two to three as well and the others will be in Spanish. Nerves are going mental already.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Howdy all, once again, been a mad few days. Been painting all day today, more to do tomorrow. :rolleyes: Won't be too much longer doing it.

Heading to the tattooist on Wednesday. He was supposed to do Pyramidhead for me, but he was onto me today and reckons re: placement, it won't work. So he's doing Nemesis from Resident Evil instead! YAY!! It's something like this...

Nemesis.PNG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Work is so busy. In at 10-11.30am then back in 3-9 Mon-Wed this week, 10-11.30, 3-6 and 8-9 Thursday but a whole full day off on Friday. It will be fecking glorious! Major cat nap and chilling with my nana will be on the menu! :)

I have to work on St. Patrick's Day.

Last year, i had one customer that day.

I can already feel the boredom!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

I have to work on St. Patrick's Day.

Last year, i had one customer that day.

I can already feel the boredom!

Snap. No one's gonna think on Paddy's Day... "Y'know I could really go for a 12 month contract right about now!"

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Snap. No one's gonna think on Paddy's Day... "Y'know I could really go for a 12 month contract right about now!"

Exactly!

Oh well, I get double time, so can't complain. I'll just spend the day on the internet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Exactly!

Oh well, I get double time, so can't complain. I'll just spend the day on the internet :)

Il be spending paddys day fishing!!
    Season is finally here for the dodder and il be on that river at 6am , go home at 10am get the daughter and bring her down to it. Brought her fishing in september and she caught more than me :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Perving on tattoos last night on IG and found this guys work and I love it! If I were to ever get hands or neck tattoos, this'd be the way I'd go.

Jean Philippe Burton

http://burtoncursed.tumblr.com/

jean-philippe-burton-cursed3.jpg

Paddy's day I love into town early and on the beer for the day always mark it off work first day back in January, does be grand once you avoid Temple Bar :).

Love the tattoo's Jenizzle :)

I follow a page on Facebook called Leinster Garda checkpoints and speed van locations and they just posted up an image of a stolen car and said car had been adapted for a child with special needs in a wheelchair like for fcuk sake how low can scumbags go boils my piss fcukers should be beaten to within an inch of there lives then locked up for good :mad::mad::mad::mad:.

Is that car on the run ATM?
    I'm in town and two Garda cars are after flying pSt me chasing a in front. I didn't see what make the first car was because it hammered past me.

Is that car on the run ATM?
    I'm in town and two Garda cars are after flying pSt me chasing a in front. I didn't see what make the first car was because it hammered past me.

I wouldn't say so but ya never know it was an appeal to people to keep an eye out for it, it's a converted Caddy for wheelchair access.

Absolute scrotes!
    Horrible feeling having your car nicked. Happen to me 3 times. Me lancer and then me glanza twice!!
    I know the little sh1t who took me glanza and just aswell he was locked back up cuz when he gets out il make him wish he was back in.
    Put loads into that glanza ( except a fcukin alarm I know ...thick!! )
    His time will come

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/25-children-taken-to-hospital-after-maynooth-pool-incident-1.1720427

25 kids were taken to hospital after a chemical spill in the pool in Maynooth :O

Sitting in work and could hear and see sirens and ambulances flying past, turns out that's where they were heading! Poor kiddies :(

Absolute scrotes!
    Horrible feeling having your car nicked. Happen to me 3 times. Me lancer and then me glanza twice!!
    I know the little sh1t who took me glanza and just aswell he was locked back up cuz when he gets out il make him wish he was back in.
    Put loads into that glanza ( except a fcukin alarm I know ...thick!! )
    His time will come

I've never had a car stolen but on my Accord did have some toe rags throw battery acid over it and do two grands worth of damage was fuming for weeks after that.

Some cnuts are just jealous.
    My boss had brand new merc 3 year ago and only had it a day when some scumbag keyed it. Always see nice cars with key marks on them.
    Jesus kellie that's horrible. Poor kids.

The car I was talking about made the journal sickens me to the core I have to live on the same planet as vermin who would things like this

http://www.thejournal.ie/wheelchair-car-stolen-1356197-Mar2014/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

oh there's some sick people out there!

Last night in Limerick some scumbag called in a hoax to emergency services that they seen a body in the Shannon! 2 of the bridges and 2 of the strands where completely closed down loaded with firemen, gardai, rescue crews and ambulance and the rescue copter was going up and down the river at a snails pace! very low down. Curiosity got the better of me on my way home from work and i pulled in for a look at the chopper! it was literally 20-30 feet off the water at points! And it was all a hoax some fcuker called in!!! who on there right mind would get a kick out of something like that!!! :mad::mad::mad:

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/hoax-call-amid-search-for-students-in-limerick-261572.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Any steampunk fans or dressy up type peoples on here?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Scumbag, utter scumbag. If the person that called it in gets caught, they should be charged with something, that has to be a crime.

Angron wrote: »
    Scumbag, utter scumbag. If the person that called it in gets caught, they should be charged with something, that has to be a crime.

It is a crime ;).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Well good. I wasn't sure what the phrasing for that would be, "wasting police time" seems like a rather tame way to put that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

gregers85 wrote: »
    oh there's some sick people out there!

Last night in Limerick some scumbag called in a hoax to emergency services that they seen a body in the Shannon! 2 of the bridges and 2 of the strands where completely closed down loaded with firemen, gardai, rescue crews and ambulance and the rescue copter was going up and down the river at a snails pace! very low down. Curiosity got the better of me on my way home from work and i pulled in for a look at the chopper! it was literally 20-30 feet off the water at points! And it was all a hoax some fcuker called in!!! who on there right mind would get a kick out of something like that!!! :mad::mad::mad:

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/hoax-call-amid-search-for-students-in-limerick-261572.html

Saw that on Facebook alright, makes me sick. And there's two students missing that they could have been spending their time looking for!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement