Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Think the tolka starts tomoro aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Jaysus Temple Bar looks mental tonight :eek:

6991_740247312676384_1037234398_n.jpg

Hoping the weather is good tomorrow I'll be beering it :), sunny weather and Dame Lane be calling me thinks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I dunno why, but it kinda annoys me people celebrating Paddy's day on not-St Patrick's day. But either way, that's a buttload of people.

Angron wrote: »
    I dunno why, but it kinda annoys me people celebrating Paddy's day on not-St Patrick's day. But either way, that's a buttload of people.

I hear ya but in a way I'm kinda happy they are, Paddy's day in Dublin on a weekend day can be mental to mental, but when it falls on a weekday does still be mental but you can actually move in the pubs.

I reckon a lot of the people out tonight wont be out tomorrow :).

I used t basically get boll0xed drunk day before Patricks day but next day start of fishing season id be in a heap on river and one year I fell asleep beside the water so not doing it this year. Going bed now for few hours and let the mayhem begin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Jaysus Temple Bar looks mental tonight :eek:

6991_740247312676384_1037234398_n.jpg

Hoping the weather is good tomorrow I'll be beering it :), sunny weather and Dame Lane be calling me thinks.

That looks like the inside of the nightclub last night. :pac: Never seen anything like it. Mayhem, bedlam, insanity....call it what you will, it was dangerous and stupid. Pure greed, on behalf of the owner who stood at the door grinning just letting people flow in even though it was over-full, and on behalf of the fucktards who couldn't get enough vodka down their necks. Never seen so much broken glass and blood, never seen so many unconscious people....just ridiculous. And for what!!?? :mad: :rolleyes: Never again!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

So, are you working tonight PKM? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

P.K.M. wrote: »
    That looks like the inside of the nightclub last night. :pac: Never seen anything like it. Mayhem, bedlam, insanity....call it what you will, it was dangerous and stupid. Pure greed, on behalf of the owner who stood at the door grinning just letting people flow in even though it was over-full, and on behalf of the fucktards who couldn't get enough vodka down their necks. Never seen so much broken glass and blood, never seen so many unconscious people....just ridiculous. And for what!!?? :mad: :rolleyes: Never again!

I think I'm one of the few here who'll understand this from your point of view, im telling ya man, patricks, new years, stephens night and halloween. You never want to work in a pub/club. Also ha ha ha ha ha Delighted I wasn working last night

I don't really go out most of those nights for that reason. All pretty dire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Meeting the bf's friends next week (yeah, we ended up getting back together btw). Oh god. Shyness is kicking in already, even though it's a week away!

• Advertisement

Gay-seal_large.jpg

Gay-seal_large.jpg

tumblr_ly6taq3WLd1qzzdwp.png

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

So, are you working tonight PKM? :P

NO!! :P Two nights in a row on Paddy's weekend is enough methinks! :D
    I think I'm one of the few here who'll understand this from your point of view, im telling ya man, patricks, new years, stephens night and halloween. You never want to work in a pub/club. Also ha ha ha ha ha Delighted I wasn working last night

Aye, all mental. Thankfully there's not too many nights like that!
    I don't really go out most of those nights for that reason. All pretty dire.

Even if I wasn't working I wouldn't be into it TBH. Hate crowds.
    Meeting the bf's friends next week (yeah, we ended up getting back together btw). Oh god. Shyness is kicking in already, even though it's a week away!

Aw nice one...hope that goes well for ya.

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Even if I wasn't working I wouldn't be into it TBH. Hate crowds.
    I also can't stand the idea of waiting 1-2 hours just to get a drink, which is the norm those nights. That's why I enjoyed my New Years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Spent a good few years working the doors pretty happy that a fearful wife stopped me doing it.(that and the fact my hatred of scumbags was close to making me do something stupid)

Rob just keeps knocking out top notch pieces, eh Kemosabe 1975123_696519450370643_760543975_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Don't go out Patrick's, Halloween, New Year's etc. Everywhere is too packed and everyone is too drunk for it to be good fun. New Year's especially is always a massive let down. Also Halloween has the lovely added bonus of gob****es throwing bangers at you. Had one explode right in front of me before and got welts all up my legs from it, was so painful. Scared of them ever since.

Don't go out Patrick's, Halloween, New Year's etc. Everywhere is too packed and everyone is too drunk for it to be good fun. New Year's especially is always a massive let down. Also Halloween has the lovely added bonus of gob****es throwing bangers at you. Had one explode right in front of me before and got welts all up my legs from it, was so painful. Scared of them ever since.

Actually I went out this new years for the first time because Kerbdog were playing! I'm in the new vdeo looking pissed off in the crowd ha ha

Got to sleep at 3am.

Was up, showered, dressed, hair straightened, make up done, bag packed (staying out after work), and had had 2 coffees by 7.30am.

I'm going to pass out in work. Monster, get in my belly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Slightly hungover ATM but merry. Had a good night last night in my auntie's. There was curry and bbq chicken and this strange new Lidl lager in itty-bitty bottles. Must get the name of it... So, how're ye all?
    I've got a big night out planned for my birthday in a few weeks! :D It involves drag queen bingo and painting Swords red! :D

• Advertisement

McChubbin wrote: »
    Slightly hungover ATM but merry. Had a good night last night in my auntie's. There was curry and bbq chicken and this strange new Lidl lager in itty-bitty bottles. Must get the name of it... So, how're ye all?
    I've got a big night out planned for my birthday in a few weeks! :D It involves drag queen bingo and painting Swords red! :D

noblanger, 10 bottles for like 4.79

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Be grand.... and glad to hear you got things sorted too.

Be grand.... and glad to hear you got things sorted too.

I ridiculously shy unless I'm drunk, so I've warned him I'm getting drunk before I meet them. :o All sorted, and happier than before, which is nice. :)

God, work is dragging. I was really busy til about 3pm, and made 2 days worth of sales, but nothing since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Ehhh finally finalised the dates and booked flights for me next tattoo. Getting tattooed two mornings, but there from 9th - 14th, what did you get up to in Krakow Marty, any recommendations? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

noblanger, 10 bottles for like 4.79

You're the noblanger! :pac:

fewtins wrote: »
    Ehhh finally finalised the dates and booked flights for me next tattoo. Getting tattooed two mornings, but there from 9th - 14th, what did you get up to in Krakow Marty, any recommendations? :p

Happy days man :), I shall look forward to seeing it:).

Krakow I loved, Auschwitz was brilliant Saltmines were good and you can do an all day tour that takes in the both of them in one day.

Schindlers factory is now a museum on the war also really interesting.

Do the Golf Buggy tour of the city there good and you get to see all the city and its millions of Churches plus it goes through the Jewish Quarter and more history.

Drink is great and cheap pubs are hard to find well harder than home anyway all the pubs are kind of in basements look dodgy going in but some really cool funky bars can be found, if your a smoker they have smoking areas not outside ;).

Food is great and cheap :).

The main square is beautiful.

I'm jealous :cool:. Any questions fee free to ask away :).

I'm jealous :cool:. Any questions fee free to ask away :).

What's the winning numbers for euro millions?
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Urgh feel like such a dope. Managed to prang a car earlier in the carpark. Left a note explaining things with my number under the wipers only wondering how much it'll cost me to fix this fcuk up

P_1 wrote: »
    Urgh feel like such a dope. Managed to prang a car earlier in the carpark. Left a note explaining things with my number under the wipers only wondering how much it'll cost me to fix this fcuk up

Ah balls man.

Was there much damage to the other car? Much to your own?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Ah balls man.

Was there much damage to the other car? Much to your own?

Just some very minor paint damage to mine, a scrape and a panel out of shape on the other one. I took some pics of it, I'll stick them up if anyone mechanically minded has a rough idea of how much it'll cost.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement