Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

P_1 wrote: »
    Just some very minor paint damage to mine, a scrape and a panel out of shape on the other one. I took some pics of it, I'll stick them up if anyone mechanically minded has a rough idea of how much it'll cost.

Throw up a thread on the motors forum.

All depends really they could insist on going to a main dealers also depends on the car. If it was just a scrape wouldn't be to bad really just be looking at a spray job but a panel out of shape can mean a new panel and that can get pricey.

I remember when someone crashed into my last car scraped the bumper and dented the front driver side panel it came to 1,100.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Throw up a thread on the motors forum.

All depends really they could insist on going to a main dealers also depends on the car. If it was just a scrape wouldn't be to bad really just be looking at a spray job but a panel out of shape can mean a new panel and that can get pricey.

I remember when someone crashed into my last car scraped the bumper and dented the front driver side panel it came to 1,100.

Just had a look at the photos of it there, seems I managed to scrape the paint above the left rear tyre and put a bit of a dent in the rear bumper. T'was an 02 Accord I hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Put up a pic and il tell ya how much it should cost and how much the poxy insurance will give him which is usually twice maybe 3 times as much

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Urgh feel like such a dope. Managed to prang a car earlier in the carpark. Left a note explaining things with my number under the wipers only wondering how much it'll cost me to fix this fcuk up

Very decent of you to leave a note. There's a lot of people who would just flee. It's happened to me a couple of times and the pricks didn't bother their arses and then I'm left to pay for panel beaters and a paint job. :rolleyes:

Just had a look at the photos of it there, seems I managed to scrape the paint above the left rear tyre and put a bit of a dent in the rear bumper. T'was an 02 Accord I hit.

This shape one or older one? This is my old one

SAM_0192.jpg

Rear bumper if memory serves me right I got done when I bought it as previous owner had scuffed it and it cost 250 the rear panel ouch. Thats one big panel if it needs replacing as it run up along the roof until the front windscreen could also be looking at a big spray job depending on what kinda scrape it is.

• Advertisement

It was a hatch not the saloon.

Here's the damage:
    7AqnO.jpg

That doesn't look like an Accord they never came in hatch.

That doesn't look like an Accord they never came in hatch.

True, I think it was a Honda anyway, for some reason Accord just seemed logical

True, I think it was a Honda anyway, for some reason Accord just seemed logical

I thought maybe an Civic but it doesn't seem to match them either.

If a new bumpers is needed that could be pricey depends if the clips are broken on it. kinda hard to tell with the pic.

If they insist on going through insurance the car could be classed a write off because its most likely worth fcuk all.

If I wa you id be throwing a thread up in the motors section on here. Some of them in there should be able to give ya a strong idea.

I thought maybe an Civic but it doesn't seem to match them either.

If a new bumpers is needed that could be pricey depends if the clips are broken on it. kinda hard to tell with the pic.

If they insist on going through insurance the car could be classed a write off because its most likely worth fcuk all.

If I wa you id be throwing a thread up in the motors section on here. Some of them in there should be able to give ya a strong idea.

Yeah I was thinking the same. I know it's a bit of a dick move but I am kinda hoping that they don't bother ringing me. Just stuck up a thread in motors there.

• Advertisement

Bumper can be popped back in place but I'd need to see it to do it. Hopefully the catches behind it aren't damage and can be popped back in.
    As for the scratches I'd wax and buff it first and see how bad it actually is. For a 02 it's not worth fixing but owner may think different. Hopefully your honesty will work in your favour.

Bumper can be popped back in place but I'd need to see it to do it. Hopefully the catches behind it aren't damage and can be popped back in.
    As for the scratches I'd wax and buff it first and see how bad it actually is. For a 02 it's not worth fixing but owner may think different. Hopefully your honesty will work in your favour.

Fingers crossed. I never really considered the 'the car is 12 years old and probably not worth all that much anyway' factor.

Anyone ever have a dream and think "what the fcuk was that about??"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Very decent of you to leave a note! I was exhausted, in foul humour and in a truck load of pain last week and managed to scratch my own pretty badly. Need to get a price done up for it actually, effort of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Check this out :D

"Norridgewock man with gun tattoo wakes up to armed police"

http://www.kjonline.com/news/Norridgewock_man_with_gun_tattoo_wakes_up_to_armed_police_.html

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Oh joy, student elections.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Angron wrote: »
    Oh joy, student elections.

Absolutely hate this time of year. Although not as bad since they installed the sound control thingy a few years ago. If the music in union square is too loud it cuts off power. Before that you could still hear it down in the classrooms. Was so annoying.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, I was in labs overlooking the cafeteria for a while, so that was fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

So, we're discussing various topics of self advocacy in college this week. Since I'm always bringing up LBGT rights in our discussions, the inevitable was bound to happen. :p

Classmate at watercooler: So, Chubbs, you seem to be really passionate about gay rights...

Me: Sure, who else is gonna stick up for 'em? :)
    Classmate: Hope I'm not offending you or anything but..uhm.. are yoooou....um..Y'KNOW.
    Me: *amused* Am I what, dear?
    Classmate: Are you...y'know.. gay yerself?
    Me: Eh, I swing both ways.
    Classmate: Oh.

There's a beat.

Classmate: *after a long pause* My sister's bisexual. Will ye shift her? I can give you her number!

I'm still giggling my head off. I was flattered by the offer but I had to turn it down- the sister is 17 and not at all my type but still, the conversation livened up my morning! :D And how was YOUR day?

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

McChubbin wrote: »
    Classmate: *after a long pause* My sister's bisexual. Will ye shift her? I can give you her number!

That is some funny sh!t right there! :pac: :pac:

Well, after four years of getting away with it, I finally taxed the OH's bike. She hasn't used it in a while as every time she used it, she somehow managed to get pregnant :cool: and I had to use it as a spare....just to keep the battery fresh and the fluids pumping you understand. :D So anyhoo, I went for a 200km spin on it yesterday. Bear in mind I haven't ridden in the dark in over two years and haven't been on the bike since last May, and the time before that was when I had my accident. Had a blast....I miss being on the bike, and hopefully now I'll be on it more often.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

My dad is selling his bike. He hasn't used it in two years and it's just been lying up. It's a beast, you could hear it coming from ages away, always knew when he was coming home from work haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I've been doing a few bits and pieces with my bike, trying to learn more about the mechanics of it and so on. Changed the oil at the weekend, which was the first time I'd ever done that. Gotta figure out how to check/change the oil filter too, and a few other little things. Hoping it doesn't come down to having to clean the carbs!

Had a scary meeting with my class tutor about some personal stuff. Was hard to talk about but feeling a lot better and more comfortable now I've had it. Now back to my Spanish essay which is due in a half hour. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Is it Friday yet?

I've been doing a few bits and pieces with my bike, trying to learn more about the mechanics of it and so on. Changed the oil at the weekend, which was the first time I'd ever done that. Gotta figure out how to check/change the oil filter too, and a few other little things. Hoping it doesn't come down to having to clean the carbs!

Changing the oil filter is piss easy, but you can only do it when you're changing the oil and the sump is empty. You drain the oil...when empty, remove the old filter. Put on new filter and hand-tighten, fill with oil in the normal fashion. Simples. You know where I am if you have any questions chief. :D

....and on another note, I have just this second ordered the plastics for my bike to get her back on the road. Two weeks time I should have them at my door (from Hong Kong) and the re-assembly of a very difficult jigsaw puzzle begins! :D Jeez I'm like a child at Christmas!

This is them...
    IMG_2555.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Changing the oil filter is piss easy, but you can only do it when you're changing the oil and the sump is empty. You drain the oil...when empty, remove the old filter. Put on new filter and hand-tighten, fill with oil in the normal fashion. Simples. You know where I am if you have any questions chief. :D

Dickhead here has gone ahead and changed the oil, but not the filter... I wasn't sure what filter would be needed, or where to find it on the bike... >_<

Dickhead here has gone ahead and changed the oil, but not the filter... I wasn't sure what filter would be needed, or where to find it on the bike... >_<

Hahahaha...ah well. Next time. The oil filter is usually at the front, low down. Usually below the radiator.

Is it Friday yet?

Today's my Friday. :D Although I have a ****load of work to do so it's not going to be much of a weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

My Snape costume just shipped out! :D Should be here next week if DHL doesn't **** up...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement