Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Today was a good day. Got some amazing news from the hospital and all is well, thank god! :) I can't begin to say how relieved I am!!

Spent the day chilling then, I've been so exhausted. Myself and the better half watched Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, moving on to Goblet of Fire now in a few minutes! Done my nails too...super shiny!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I'm not a fan of these no make up selfie's on facebook, I know it's going to a great cause and all but I don't get it... (maybe because I don't wear make up v often so it's not a big deal for me to take a photo without it, and I did donate anyway). But, a girl I used to go to school with has just posted hers, she's battling Non Hodgkins Lymphoma at the moment and lost her hair a while back and has been so self concious she hasn't posted any pics without her wig but she's just bared all. Fair ****s to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Slept four hours last night, went for a nap at five...woke up now. >_<
    January wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of these no make up selfie's on facebook, I know it's going to a great cause and all but I don't get it... (maybe because I don't wear make up v often so it's not a big deal for me to take a photo without it, and I did donate anyway). But, a girl I used to go to school with has just posted hers, she's battling Non Hodgkins Lymphoma at the moment and lost her hair a while back and has been so self concious she hasn't posted any pics without her wig but she's just bared all. Fair ****s to her.

Wow that's so brave.

I don't really get why it's related to cancer? Also I don't like that it excludes males because they can get breast cancer to and it ignores that but it is raising a lot of money.

I've been tagged and I'm going to do it because it is making people donate but there's around a ton of photos of me on facebook with no make up so it makes very little difference to me.

My hair is growing so fast, I can't believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Also I don't like that it excludes males because they can get breast cancer to and it ignores that but it is raising a lot of money.

The (braver) guys seem to be doing selfies with a full face of make up!

Yeah I've heard of that since. Yet to see anyone I know do it yet though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I wasn't going to do the full face of make-up (though a certain person keeps trying to get me to) so I just pulled a stupid face on mine, and mentioned about the text donation details, as most girls I saw doing it hadn't mentioned donating at all. Seen lots since include the details, or add a screenshot of the reply from the donation text.

(Text Pink to 50300 to donate €4 to the I.C.S. for any of you didn't know!)

K.B. glad to see you sailed past your target! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Just got a call from the folk who's car I hit the other day. They're looking for €200 which kinda tallies up with what I was hearing from mechanics that I asked myself. Not the worst I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Saw a lovely one of PKM all dolled up! :p

Ankhyu wrote: »

Link?!

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Ankhyu wrote: »

Shhhhh!!!!!! :pac:

• Advertisement

Link?!

Here, I stuck a couple of pics in the Post a Pic thread... PKM in make up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I know it's out of the way for most on the board, but will any members be going to the waterford tattoo convention??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Also I don't like that it excludes males because they can get breast cancer to and it ignores that but it is raising a lot of money.

Have you not seen the "cock in a sock" pics in aid of Testicular cancer?

I was going to post one myself but I've put the Christmas stockings away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I'm loving the make up ones the fella's are doing, fair play P.K.M. that's fanatastic :D

dinorebel wrote: »

I was going to post one myself but I've put the Christmas stockings away.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/barbie-socks

dinorebel wrote: »

Aye, I've seen a couple of them alright. Was gonna do one of them pics too...but...em.... I'm quite shy. :D

I know it's out of the way for most on the board, but will any members be going to the waterford tattoo convention??

??

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

??

No.

??

Perhaps.

Ya impatient sh!te! :p

• Advertisement

jenizzle wrote: »
    No.

Even if you said yes I'd put you down as a no!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

My facebook timeline is full of men with socks on the cocks, men in make up and women without it what the fcuk is going on in the world :pac:.

I think at first from people I seen a lot weren't donating just taking pics then I seen a fair gfew giving out and giving stick over it and people seemed to start donating then.

Oh and randomly love this piece by Tomash B made me get the itch again

971961_653399451363318_78457369_n.jpg

^ Love that^

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

My facebook timeline is full of men with socks on the cocks, men in make up and women without it what the fcuk is going on in the world :pac:.

My mam done the no make up selfie... If my dad does the sock on cock Im deactivating my facebook...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I think at first from people I seen a lot weren't donating just taking pics then I seen a fair gfew giving out and giving stick over it and people seemed to start donating then.

Oh and randomly love this piece by Tomash B made me get the itch again

971961_653399451363318_78457369_n.jpg

You liked my status giving out about it :pac:

After that, people on my friend list started screenshotting a donation text :pac:

One started blabbering on her fb about how much courage it takes for women to be seen without make up (bollocks, i don't wear it most of the week), and how they don't need to donate because what they're doing takes more work :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

You know what would be better--do a with makeup and then a without makeup selfie.

That would sort the real men (women) from the boys (girls)

Would also give us all something to laugh at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Hellrazer wrote: »
    You know what would be better--do a with makeup and then a without makeup selfie.

That would sort the real men (women) from the boys (girls)

Would also give us all something to laugh at.

Simple. One with, one without -

One started blabbering on her fb about how much courage it takes for women to be seen without make up (bollocks, i don't wear it most of the week), and how they don't need to donate because what they're doing takes more work :rolleyes:

I've got nothing against the campaign because it's raised thousands of euro in a short time but it does show how society thinks. I've seen the word brave thrown around a lot taking photos of yourself without make up should just been seen as a normal thing. I only really wear it if I'm going out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

You liked my status giving out about it :pac:

After that, people on my friend list started screenshotting a donation text :pac:

No, just...no.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Simple. One with, one without -

Don't know which pic is actually worse :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement