Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

kellief wrote: »
    Morning!! Heading to Carrick-on-Shannon for a hen night now. Very excited!!

Congrats Marty, delighted for ya!

Enjoy yourself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Evenin' all....so, herself was in pain with her back/hip since about 10am, it got so bad I called the MIDOC who immediately got her transferred her to hospital. Turned out to be a lot more serious than we thought. So I'm stuck in the house with the kids and nobody to babysit so I can go see how she's doing or to be here when I go into work tonight. Under the circumstances I'd rather not, but as there's no nappies or food in the house, or not enough petrol in the car to get to Tullamore hospital, I HAVE to go in....head is melted beyond belief!! :(

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Evenin' all....so, herself was in pain with her back/hip since about 10am, it got so bad I called the MIDOC who immediately got her transferred her to hospital. Turned out to be a lot more serious than we thought. So I'm stuck in the house with the kids and nobody to babysit so I can go see how she's doing or to be here when I go into work tonight. Under the circumstances I'd rather not, but as there's no nappies or food in the house, or not enough petrol in the car to get to Tullamore hospital, I HAVE to go in....head is melted beyond belief!! :(

Saw her fb post about it. Jesus, i hope she's feeling better soon. I'm sure she understands you having to work. Just force your way through it as a distraction. She'll be okay x

Saw her fb post about it. Jesus, i hope she's feeling better soon. I'm sure she understands you having to work. Just force your way through it as a distraction. She'll be okay x

Thanks. Turns out it might be a protruding disc in her back, they might have to do emergency surgery on her spine... :( I'm sick here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Oh god P.K.M. I hope she's ok :\

• Advertisement

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Thanks. Turns out it might be a protruding disc in her back, they might have to do emergency surgery on her spine... :( I'm sick here...

Oh jesus. Just try to keep calm and keep in touch with her. It may be that that's a worst case scenario and it may not be half as bad. Keeping my fingers crossed for you both x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Thought a few of you would like this.

1272356_10151929876677382_1068354190_o.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Jaysus, PKM. That's rough. I hope your wife will be alright. I'll keep her in my thoughts.
    In the meantime, to lift the mood, some lunacy from D-Piddy:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Hope your lovely lady will be ok PKM!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Fingers crossed for you and binx PKM.

So apparently Kevin Conroy is going to be at the Dublin Comic Convention. This has made me so happy that some internal organ seems to have exploded. Ow.

• Advertisement

Thanks all. They released her last night while I was working, and wouldn't let her wait until I was finished work so I could go in and collect her. I was finishing at 4am, bolt to Tullamore (about half an hour) and then home...but they wouldn't have it. She had to call a mate at midnight to come collect her.

She's in bed at the minute...has been all day. I got her medication this morning, Jesus there's some amount of pain killers and muscle relaxants!! :eek: They're just knocking her out. At least she can't complain when she's unconscious! :D Hopefully she'll be ok in time though.

Work was ok last night. Three hen nights and a 21st in on top of the usual crowd. The only incident was two Russian guys starting on a couple of locals. They were a couple of bodybuilders and by fook were they big lads, but still...when one of them threw a front kick at one of the locals, I had to walk him out. Thankfully he went quietly, it would have been like wrestling with a tree!! :pac: Ivan Drago wouldn't get a look in with this lad! At 6' 4" there's not too many people I have to look up at, but this guy must have been easily 6' 8". :eek:

Back in tonight...should be ok I reckon. Sunday nights tend to be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Hope Binxeo is okay and recovers soon PKM.

I 've had what I think it a loose video connector in my laptop for ages now but, with only about a month to exams its starting to get really bad. Normally I just have to tap it on the side to stop the screen fading to white but now my hands are actually sore from whacking it. If it could just hang in that little bit longer...

Feel like **** and vomit every time I try eat anything. Tomorrow's nine o'clock presentation should be fun.

Been playing South Park: The Stick of Truth and I can't stop laughing my ass off. Best game of the year, by far. :D
    I'm currently trying to bust Craig out of detention. So many hall monitors, so little time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Got my two foot tattoos touched up today and a new one on my ribs. It's a little one just for me so I'm really delighted with it.

Dying with a sore throat now and going to drug up and sleep before super important meeting in work in the morning.

Glad to hear binx is okay PKM!

Pics, go go go!

Last day in work tomorrow before France.

Seeing the bf after work, then packing. Heading down to shannon on Thursday evening, very early flight. Home Monday night, I'm 25 on Tuesday, heading for a night out with the bf, friend and sister on Wednesday, then a few days off to relax after. Great week ahead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Feel like **** and vomit every time I try eat anything. Tomorrow's nine o'clock presentation should be fun.

Feeling any better and how'd the presentation go?

I got presale tickets to Sabbath, Soundgarden, Faith No More, Motorhead and many other bands in Hyde Park. Huzzah!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

I got presale tickets to Sabbath, Soundgarden, Faith No More, Motorhead and many other bands in Hyde Park. Huzzah!! :D

this has an awesome lineup.the wife is trying to sort out tickets for us to go but i'm not sure if i can get the time off work that weekend.it sucks for the people at sonisphere that weekend.they have limp bizkit headlining the friday night

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Ha yeah, but apart from that there's some decent bands playing at Sonisphere. I was half tempted to get tickets for that meself. I actually bought Hellfest tickets, then there was feck all of my mates going so I sold it online for twice what I paid for it, then Sabbath announced this :pac:

this has an awesome lineup.the wife is trying to sort out tickets for us to go but i'm not sure if i can get the time off work that weekend.it sucks for the people at sonisphere that weekend.they have limp bizkit headlining the friday night

Aren't Prodigy headlining Sonisphere on the Friday? I'm actually thinking about going to it. Lineup is deadly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

Orim wrote: »
    Aren't Prodigy headlining Sonisphere on the Friday? I'm actually thinking about going to it. Lineup is deadly.

yeah they're playing the Friday.i saw them live a couple of times so they would be nothing new to me.the Friday has a pretty weak lineup imo but the rest of the weekend is steller

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Was saying to a friend the other day about Sabbath on Friday then bussing it up the next day for Maiden. It'd be a pricey weekend though.

yeah they're playing the Friday.i saw them live a couple of times so they would be nothing new to me.the Friday has a pretty weak lineup imo but the rest of the weekend is steller

Seen em myself but I wouldn't say no to seeing them again. Checked there and yeah friday isn't great but it could be fun. Plus my main choice would be Tesseract, don't know when they're playing.
    fewtins wrote: »
    Was saying to a friend the other day about Sabbath on Friday then bussing it up the next day for Maiden. It'd be a pricey weekend though.

Did something similar a few years ago. Left Download on the Sunday to go back and see AIC and Metallica in Dublin.

A lot better, yeah. Able to keep food down now. Actually very well. The last ever presentation of my academic career! (Unless I do a postgrad, I'm still undecided.)

The Grand Budapest Hotel is a savage film :D

Had someone say today that I live my life very much in tune with my morals. I'm not sure why but that's one my favourite compliments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

No pics, tis a secret one ;)

Still smothered with the flu, pretty much no voice left now at all. Doing some work for a class at eight, should be interesting without a voice! Had to go for bloods this morning too.
    It's my grandad's anniversary today too, keep crying without warning.
    Today has left me quite drained and I haven't had my lunch yet

Just about to start the Alien Abduction mission in SP: SOT. This is easily becoming my favorite game of the year so far. :D A pleasure to play and full of fun mini-games. Good stuff!
    I also made spaggetti bolognase from scratch today. 3 different types of chilli, mixed herbs and a ****load of garlic. Can't wait to tuck into it. :D

Going to France in a few minutes.

Don't miss me. :D

Can't wait for the match on Sunday.

I've also managed to get a dose of bronchitis and am in bits. Alcohol cures bronchitis, right guys? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Going to France in a few minutes.

Don't miss me. :D

Can't wait for the match on Sunday.

I've also managed to get a dose of bronchitis and am in bits. Alcohol cures bronchitis, right guys? :)

I hear France is pretty well known for its brandy :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement