Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Having a pint for breakfast :D

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

So...after having to scrap the Primera a few weeks ago and down to one car, the Space Wagon decided to blow the head gasket!! :mad: FML!! Grrrr....

But...when a door closes a window opens. Hmmm... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Is it completely blown? Or is it just on the way blowing smoke , not firing correctly etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Having a pint for breakfast :D

And obviously a bit drunk already judging by the state of that picture :pac:.

And obviously a bit drunk already judging by the state of that picture :pac:.

That's a distinct possibility :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Hope you had a lovely weekend green_screen :)

Starting to get fed up with this pregnancy lark... two weeks to go... can't wait to meet my baby.

Alles les bleu!

Few hours til the match, nerves are kicking in!

Is it completely blown? Or is it just on the way blowing smoke , not firing correctly etc?

Not blowing smoke at all mate. It's pissing coolant from the rad. Fan doesn't kick in so I figured it was the thermostat needs changing and maybe a new rad (I sourced one on eBay for €60) but the mechanic said it "might" be the head gasket and will confirm it for me on Wednesday. If it's not, I'll get her fixed and keep her as a spare. In the meantime, I got me a bargain in the form of a 2004 Renault Espace 2.0T, full spec, just serviced, 4 new tyres, NCT'd til March 2015, taxed til June.... :D But I'd like to keep the Space Wagon as a spare car/workhorse for me.

This is me new motor (looks better now cos I valeted it yesterday)

302087.jpg

Monster car... the joys of having kids haha :D

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Not blowing smoke at all mate. It's pissing coolant from the rad. Fan doesn't kick in so I figured it was the thermostat needs changing and maybe a new rad (I sourced one on eBay for €60) but the mechanic said it "might" be the head gasket and will confirm it for me on Wednesday. If it's not, I'll get her fixed and keep her as a spare. In the meantime, I got me a bargain in the form of a 2004 Renault Espace 2.0T, full spec, just serviced, 4 new tyres, NCT'd til March 2015, taxed til June.... :D But I'd like to keep the Space Wagon as a spare car/workhorse for me.

This is me new motor (looks better now cos I valeted it yesterday)

302087.jpg

My sisters car was doing similar and losing water and soused like it was misfiring but the gasket was nearly gone so I caught it in time and added this crap to it that seals the gasket in. It's a water based fluid that goes into the rad while she's running and needs to run for an hour and it's done the job since.

• Advertisement

And I'm home :(

My sisters car was doing similar and losing water and soused like it was misfiring but the gasket was nearly gone so I caught it in time and added this crap to it that seals the gasket in. It's a water based fluid that goes into the rad while she's running and needs to run for an hour and it's done the job since.

I think I seen that, it's like €30 a tin (something like Radweld) and comes with a guarantee if it doesn't work you get your money back. Will go to Enfield tomorrow and get some....no harm eh?
    And I'm home :(

Missed ya, hope you had a good time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Nearly baby time January, how ya feeling?

Fancy new motor there PKM!

Not long in from work, washing on, washing put away, now quick prep for classes and bed. In ****e humour today so need some sleep!

How are we all?

kellief wrote: »
    Nearly baby time January, how ya feeling?

Fancy new motor there PKM!

Not long in from work, washing on, washing put away, now quick prep for classes and bed. In ****e humour today so need some sleep!

How are we all?

Fed up, nervous and excited at the same time! No twinges or anything so reckon it won't be this week anyway!

Get some sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

January wrote: »
    Fed up, nervous and excited at the same time! No twinges or anything so reckon it won't be this week anyway!

Get some sleep!

New baby will be here before you know it! How are the girls about it? I bet they are super excited!!

Just remembered I have the notes and everything done for tomorrow, mwahaha! Night gang!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I see Ami James is taking bookings for the opening week of his new studio in Cork wonder if they're $$$$$$$$

kellief wrote: »
    New baby will be here before you know it! How are the girls about it? I bet they are super excited!!

Just remembered I have the notes and everything done for tomorrow, mwahaha! Night gang!!

Super excited and starting to get a little impatient now that they know it's April. They'd been so good up until now, considering they've known since the day we found out (that's what I get for trying to tell my mam in front of them without them hearing ha).

Hope you had a good rest!
    fewtins wrote: »
    I see Ami James is taking bookings for the opening week of his new studio in Cork wonder if they're $$$$$$$$
    I'd reckon so! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I know someone who paid $500 for a tattoo done by an artist in Miami Ink who wasn't even on the show. The starting rate for Ami and the like was $1,000. Was an impulse buy and one I think she regrets. Seen the tattoo and although it's lovely and all I wouldn't pay more than €80 for it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

$500 that's hilarious :p The worst thing about getting a tattoo from somebody off of LA Ink or whatever is you'd have to tell them who it's by every time somebody asks about it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

I'd be more concerned about them being sh*t than how much they cost to be fair.

• Advertisement

$500 that's hilarious :p The worst thing about getting a tattoo from somebody off of LA Ink or whatever is you'd have to tell them who it's by every time somebody asks about it :pac:

Especially if it's a sh1te job if defo tell who done it.
    How's everyone anyway.
    Loving this new job of mine although only set back is coming home home black with dirt and oil and me overalls are in bits already.
    Hate wearing overalls. Rather wear me snickers instead :)

I'd be more concerned about them being sh*t than how much they cost to be fair.

Hit the nail on the head for me right there. I have never seen any work he has done and thought wow.

Hpe you keeping well January nearly baby time, and hope everyone else is well to :).

Been flat out in work myself just finished my 6th day in a row one more day left then a few off. The girlfirend picked up the keys for the house today so bit of a hectic few weeks ahead.

January, good luck with the baby. Bet you wish it'd hurry up now :p

Marty, enjoy the new house. :)

So... France was amazing. I've had a deadly birthday. Night out tomorrow (and introducing the bf to my sister and one of my mates). Not back in work til Sunday. Had a chat with hr in work and now get discounts on all purchases I make.

All good in my life!

Oh and this guy popped up on my timeline today wow is all I can say I'm not even going to try spell his name though :pac:

1972418_680603798670519_809668988_n.jpg

1782381_678093195588246_226265608_o.jpg

1799148_665162706881295_1047992311_o.jpg

1523921_662393693824863_2129374559_o.jpg

1534820_638389329558633_1947585666_o.jpg
    1421173_625240387540194_832715898_o.jpg

778662_599768726754027_1410587599_o.jpg

This I fcuking love

1920078_264939693668870_1279847985_n.jpg

1454990_619537811443785_1984439914_n.jpg

Link to his facebook https://www.facebook.com/suvorov.tattoo

Love the heart one! Savage work :)

Finally finished work and gonna watch the rest of the desolation of smaug.
    Rented in on demand last night and didn't watch it all.
    Destroyed in oil tho. Spent 4 hours under a hino taking out drive shaft and replacing bearing and then puttin it back in.
    One word.......... SHATTERED

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

That guy is amazing Marty. The sleeve in the middle is whopper.

Went to see Devildriver tonight. Was fun.

Love the heart one! Savage work :)

Yea love the heart one myself even think it might have given me an idea starting platform for my next piece :)

Yea love the heart one myself even think it might have given me an idea starting platform for my next piece :)

Spill! :)

• Advertisement

Spill! :)

Ah no spilling yet be a while yet before I get it but plans may be in motion, it's circling in the head for now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement