Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I may be a bit drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Wrt. Jex tsxgt

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Wrt. Jex tsxgt

Heyoo!

Angron wrote: »
    Heyoo!

She mdnsk maab. Fo jwkcr tje malwo

I agree completely!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Just home from the cinema wen to the Light House Cinema wow brilliant comfiest seats ever and even though I only had one beer nice to be in a cinema that not only sold beer but had nice beer, a funky place to :).

Went to see Raid 2 loved it action galore :).

In bits today haven't been the gym much the last few weeks been working knots out my muscles and improving movement so Friday done some ring excercises was brilliant and lot of fun but damn lats back, chest and arms are all in bits today :).

**** work. Now that the holiday is over, I'm working 6 out of the next seven days. Fml :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Well I didn't drink this week. Quite proud of myself :)
    New start. Have new job, got a new house and I'm actually saving money:D
    This year I'm going to canada for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Howdy all. What a bit of weather we're having eh? Went out for a rip on the bike yesterday. Went out with a few lads and drove the sh!te out of it at a very lively pace and then went for a big fry up. After about 100 miles I came home and took a mate out on her bike. She's only learning so it was a very leisurely pace. She did well in fairness. So we did about 50 miles buzzing around. 'twas a great day of biking...

303175.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

My mam said the girl in the shop said they're ok on the own but I knew that they're not and need a pal.
    So I might get another one for it.
    I had a rat named rizzo and he was with us for a long time. Pretty upset when he died. Just of old age. Great pets rats are.

Yeah they're extremely social and would be less lonely with a little friend :)

I sooo wanna get a couple of rats myself some day. Whenever I get my own place and room for a massive cage. The only thing that puts me off them is the short life span and that you'd get very attached to them in that short time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

My boss has his puppy in work today, best day ever!
    Making the pain easier, to add to my normal ****e I fell yesterday and hurt my lower back. In ribbons!!!

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Yeah they're extremely social and would be less lonely with a little friend :)

I sooo wanna get a couple of rats myself some day. Whenever I get my own place and room for a massive cage. The only thing that puts me off them is the short life span and that you'd get very attached to them in that short time.

We were told that when we got a dwarf hamster. So, we got the staff in the petshop to give us two females.

One was male. We ended up having forty odd dwarf hamsters in 5 cages in a matter of months. We ended up having to give them all to the petshop to sell on when they started to eat each other. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

We were told that when we got a dwarf hamster. So, we got the staff in the petshop to give us two females.

One was male. We ended up having forty odd dwarf hamsters in 5 cages in a matter of months. We ended up having to give them all to the petshop to sell on when they started to eat each other. :pac:

Same happened us with Gerbils. Think some pet shops do it deliberately to get rid of the males, and so they will have people supply them with extra stock for free!

Same happened us with Gerbils. Think some pet shops do it deliberately to get rid of the males, and so they will have people supply them with extra stock for free!

Wouldn't surprise me tbh, because after the first set of babies, i googled how to check the sex, and it's not difficult!

When they're very young it can be hard to sex them, and even if you're really careful the odd one can slip through. Also I'd imagine a lot of pet shops just don't care enough to check.

When I worked in a pet shop, I was the person all the other staff called to check them, because some of them just couldn't get the hang of it, or they weren't 100% sure.

Anyone know if this will work?

When I move I'm planning on taking my sky account with me obviously I only need one box really but have two at home.

Someone told me if I ring sky and arrange a move and just take the one box with me and leave the other one at home it should still work off my account? Is this true does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

it would work on xbox/pc/playstation/tablet like that don't think t will off a skybox though

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Anyone know if this will work?

When I move I'm planning on taking my sky account with me obviously I only need one box really but have two at home.

Someone told me if I ring sky and arrange a move and just take the one box with me and leave the other one at home it should still work off my account? Is this true does anyone know?

Ahem
    card sharing

You can share your 1 sub through your home network to a box with a Ethernet port.

Who needs to pay for Sky multiroom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Good god, today's episode of Game of Thrones had me dancing with sadistic glee! Not gonna spoil it but it was EPIC.
    So, how're ye all keeping? :) I'm going out for birthday kebabs with my classmates tomorrow then it's onwards to the bingo!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Yeah my friend bought what she was sold was a male hamster before. Not only was it female she was pregnant. They sold all the babies but one...and then that baby ate her mum. Rodents are messed up... (Although if I ever have the money & enough free time I am getting rats again 'cause they're brilliant).
    Ankhyu wrote: »
    When they're very young it can be hard to sex them, and even if you're really careful the odd one can slip through. Also I'd imagine a lot of pet shops just don't care enough to check.

When I worked in a pet shop, I was the person all the other staff called to check them, because some of them just couldn't get the hang of it, or they weren't 100% sure.

Also some pet shops are just rubbish. I did work experience in a pet shop in TY and it opened my eyes quite a bit. They are some really knowledgeable people working in pet shops but there are also a lot of people who don't know anything or just don't care. They often keep too many animals in the same cages and some don't know what they're doing when it comes to more unusual animals. Also even though management know the breeders supplying hamsters 'weren't the best' (i.e. hamsters were inbred) they didn't change them. It wasn't a small time pet shop either. It was quite big and part of a chain. I've been in there since and seen things I know are dodgy like a chipmunk being kept in a cage far too small and rats being sold on their own but not all people know that these things are off and trust pet shops to give them reliable information so, depending what member of staff they get, they could be told the complete wrong way to treat or look after an animal.

Went on a bit of a tangent there. It just annoys me how incompetent some pet shops can be.

• Advertisement

Yeah my friend bought what she was sold was a male hamster before. Not only was it female she was pregnant. They sold all the babies but one...and then that baby ate her mum. Rodents are messed up... (Although if I ever have the money & enough free time I am getting rats again 'cause they're brilliant).

Also some pet shops are just rubbish. I did work experience in a pet shop in TY and it opened my eyes quite a bit. They are some really knowledgeable people working in pet shops but there are also a lot of people who don't know anything or just don't care. They often keep too many animals in the same cages and some don't know what they're doing when it comes to more unusual animals. Also even though management know the breeders supplying hamsters 'weren't the best' (i.e. hamsters were inbred) they didn't change them. It wasn't a small time pet shop either. It was quite big and part of a chain. I've been in there since and seen things I know are dodgy like a chipmunk being kept in a cage far too small and rats being sold on their own but not all people know that these things are off and trust pet shops to give them reliable information so, depending what member of staff they get, they could be told the complete wrong way to treat or look after an animal.

Went on a bit of a tangent there. It just annoys me how incompetent some pet shops can be.

+100!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I remember being in a certain pet shop before and there was renovation works going on in the unit beside it. Major drilling etc going on. Walked past a bearded dragon tank and the poor beardie was going absolutely berserk trying to get out of the tank, scrapping against the glass constantly.

I brought it to the attention of the staff, apparently he was grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

January wrote: »
    I remember being in a certain pet shop before and there was renovation works going on in the unit beside it. Major drilling etc going on. Walked past a bearded dragon tank and the poor beardie was going absolutely berserk trying to get out of the tank, scrapping against the glass constantly.

I brought it to the attention of the staff, apparently he was grand.

The poor thing!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Just seen someone spreading bad tattoo aftercare advice on facebook and when corrected by someone who is an apprentice said 'Well I have six tattoos and never had an infection so I think I know what I'm on about.' More than the person who spends most of her time in a tattoo shop?!

Never forget that people will often stubbornly refuse to not be morons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Didn't do a tap of study today fucking useless :/

Sad news about AC/DC too wahh, managed to see them a few times on Black Ice tour but thought I'd get to see them again (assuming all this retirement and illness stuff is finally confirmed).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

just back from a steak dinner with the woman. nice

Off out for pints tonight :), pre wedding drinks.

Then to a wedding tomorrow my kinda wedding a mate is getting married in a registry office then dinner in Darwins and an area reserved in a pub a good simple wedding with a piss up sorted.

Off to the cinema with himself. Going to see something called cavalry or something. Dunno, he chose it. Hopefully it'll be good. :)

Three days left in work then 4 off. Can't come quickly enough, I'm wrecked :(

• Advertisement

Off to the cinema with himself. Going to see something called cavalry or something. Dunno, he chose it. Hopefully it'll be good. :)

Three days left in work then 4 off. Can't come quickly enough, I'm wrecked :(

Seen the trailer for that the other night in the Light House looks good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement