Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

My mam is back in hospital. Had to get her an ambulance this morning, she couldn't breathe properly and has major chest pains. Serious issue for someone with COPD, so they took jer straight through to doctors, no waiting.

I'm in with her at the moment. Don't have a clue what's going on :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Thinking of you this morning miss, hope your mum is ok x

Punctured lung, they think. Won't know for sure til later. They're doing more tests. She's in good form, high on pain medication :pac:

Could have been a lot worse. A small lung puncture is better than a collapsed lung

Also, good luck today, January. Hoping all goes swimmingly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

At least she isn't in pain, that's some small comfort. Sending her well wishes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Good luck January, and hope your mum's problem is easily and painlessly resolved G_S

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Best of luck January :), hope your mam is ok Green Screen :(.

Not the puncture they suspected, thank fook. Looks like pneumonia, but we won't know til tomorrow. Much more easily treated than a puncture though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Not the puncture they suspected, thank fook. Looks like pneumonia, but we won't know til tomorrow. Much more easily treated than a puncture though :)

Yay for small miracles. Fingers still crossed for you.

Lots more people having babies in my life. Everytime I send a congratulatory message I have to fight the strongest urge not to add "better you than me" :pac:

...speaking of which, I hope January's getting on well :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Interview went great today! got the call for the second interview already!! happy days!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

So there I was outside the bank and I seen same driver who was drivin in front of me for ten minutes on the phone while drivin and acting the Cnut. Beeped at her few times only t get waved at.
    Nearly hit her twice!
    So she slowly drove past me and stopped beside me still on phone. I seen two Garda walkin towards me so I walked up t them and told them about her. She was stopped and when I drove past they were taking her details.
    Stupidity of some people. All I've heard in the news this week is about cracking down on drivers using phones and she's shouting down her phone at someone.

They found a clot on my mam's lung. A clot that the poxy private hospital she was in for 5 days missed and said she was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

They found a clot on my mam's lung. A clot that the poxy private hospital she was in for 5 days missed and said she was fine.

Crap, sorry to hear. Hope she'll be okay :(

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Crap, sorry to hear. Hope she'll be okay :(

She more than likely will be. I want to punch her gob****e consultants. Scans, bloods, xrays and 5 days of struggling to breathe in a hospital and they didn't spot it, yet some doctor in a+e in Beaumont could. Ugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Green_Screen, that sounds aweful. Hope everything is going to be okay. :(

Sitting here licking a semi-defrosted citrus frozen daquri and wondering if I should save up for a night in Fibbers in the near future, seeing as they now have a function room and nibbles! Boards Tattoo & Piercing Beers, anyone? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

God green screen serious complaint grounds right there, they could've killed your mam :(

Baby luke arrived this morning by emergency Caesarean section. Full of drama my children.

January wrote: »
    God green screen serious complaint grounds right there, they could've killed your mam :(

Baby luke arrived this morning by emergency Caesarean section. Full of drama my children.

I'm leaving her to decide what to do tbh. Just got home from visiting her. She's in good form. Still sore, but not even close to how much pain she was in yesterday, thankfully. :)

Congratulations, J! I liked a few pics on Facebook :) gorgeous little man :) hope you're both doing well. I can only imagine how scary that was.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

more ink done today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

January wrote: »

Congratulations :)
    more ink done today

More black?

a good bit more bllack and a space invader

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

a good bit more bllack and a space invader

How much left you gotta do now?

not much now, hopefully fully done at end of the month. it's being a bit hampered between my skin being sensitive and rob feeling under the weather

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Congrats January on the new arrival, sorry to hear about your mam g_s but I guess at least you know what's up now.

Got the itch to go get the left arm finished up now so time to get planning I guess. Just weighed myself for the first time in a while today. Down to 9 1/2 stone which is possibly some cause for concern...

Congrats on the new arival January!! :)

@raze_them_all_ is the design on your inner arm a warhammer symbol?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Congrats January!

Commiserations gs. Your mam is going through a terrible time.

gregers85 wrote: »
    Congrats on the new arival January!! :)

@raze_them_all_ is the design on your inner arm a warhammer symbol?

best-picture-link-triforce-wallpaper.jpg

Ah Zelda!! Nice! I knew i had seen it before!! was racking my brain trying to think where haha :o

I was thinking it was something along the space marine lines from warhammer 40k though haha something like below
    305432.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, I can see why you'd think of the Imperial Aquila from 40k. That's something I'm considering getting at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Sorry t hear of ya mam gs. Hopefully she'll be ok.
    Congrats on the new sprog January ( always say sprog for kids ha)
    So when's the next one. You must be near a 5 a side footy team now :)

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement