Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

Oh and Welcome to the OTB thread Hybrid it does get very random in here :).

Thanks :) haha I can tell :P seems to be fair craic in this forum though, f*ckin delighted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

After class on Saturday my legs were wrecked...half expected them to go from under me...so I decided to walk into town to get my bus home instead of getting a bus. I find it hard to get motivated but when I am I really really am. It wasn't a long walk or anything but normally I can't be bothered to get off my arse to walk full stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I sincerely hope that the New Look sale is still on when I go into town tomorrow. Seriously in dire need of fresh jeans.
    I'd love a pair of "boyfriend cut" but strangely, what will fit me in a size 22 standard pair won't fit me in the same size boyfriend cut. :/
    Weird sizings. Yup.
    In other news, I just discovered a band called Tesseract. They strike me as very similar in style to Tool but I'll have to listen to more of their stuff before I make any big opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Tesseract? Now there's a blast from the past. haven't listened to any of them in a while may have to refresh my memory

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

"Hey Shane :) I'm Meg, i'm an IB student studying in the Netherlands and I've been writing an Extended Essay on body modification, I came across your scarification pictures while blogging and I was wondering if you'd be open to sharing your motives and 'story' as a body modification artist, as a 'primary' source for my investigation? I'm super keen, let me know. Thanks in advance!"

Got this message today on my tumblr. I knew internet selfies would one day lead me to fame and riches! :D

• Advertisement

"Hey Shane :) I'm Meg, i'm an IB student studying in the Netherlands and I've been writing an Extended Essay on body modification, I came across your scarification pictures while blogging and I was wondering if you'd be open to sharing your motives and 'story' as a body modification artist, as a 'primary' source for my investigation? I'm super keen, let me know. Thanks in advance!"

Got this message today on my tumblr. I knew internet selfies would one day lead me to fame and riches! :D

Cash in now :pac:

That sounds like it could be pretty interesting for you though

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

P_1 wrote: »
    Cash in now :pac:

That sounds like it could be pretty interesting for you though

Ehh, I get approached a lot for things like this and they don't always come to fruition. I almost did some modelling for a pretty decent Irish photographer who seemed to be a big of fan of beards, especially with the "alternative" look. He even waited for me to finish a phone call on the street to give me his business card, but never got back to me after. Oh well! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

McChubbin wrote: »
    I sincerely hope that the New Look sale is still on when I go into town tomorrow. Seriously in dire need of fresh jeans.
    I'd love a pair of "boyfriend cut" but strangely, what will fit me in a size 22 standard pair won't fit me in the same size boyfriend cut. :/
    Weird sizings. Yup.
    In other news, I just discovered a band called Tesseract. They strike me as very similar in style to Tool but I'll have to listen to more of their stuff before I make any big opinions.

The New Look sale is on for another week or so, but they have barely any jeans, it's mostly dresses and summer clothes.

Must go in and get a load of summer dresses for my holidays when I get paid tomorrow, need to stock up on pretty dresses made of feck all material so I don't sweat too much in the 40 degree heat. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Evenin' all. :D Oh, it's late, I probably missed ye. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I live PKM :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Still in work
    Another hour an half left and I'm sittin on me arse playing Leps world
    Poxy night
    Gonna stuff a rasher and sausage sambo in me when I get home
    Four slices of bread and about 8 sausages :)

Angron wrote: »
    I live PKM :D

Cool. Anyone got any nice or interesting stories?

Will this crap weather ever change?? Sick of getting pissed on! :mad:

Neighbour's house was raided today when he wasn't there, it was like something from a movie! Four squad cars, God knows how many cops and special branch, busted down his front door, ransacked the house, searched his shed and then fecked off after about an hour. Then they called in and asked did I have a number so they could contact him. :confused:

The guy is a dick, but God knows what he's into.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Well I was watching Family Guy, and they had a meth lab going, so maybe it was that. Meth seems to be a popular drug to put on tv anyway, so why not in real life.

Could have been dodgy diesel too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Cool. Anyone got any nice or interesting stories?

Sounds like you've the interesting story :p

Yeah some sketchy cars driving our rural road the last few days so have taken the car reg. Suspected drug run we think so just monitoring the situation. Means having to be half awake at 6am which is a terror mind you!!

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Sounds like you've the interesting story :p

Ah, there's always something!! :D I'm sure I'll have another one tomorrow.

Oh, forgot to mention, I had a very informal meeting/interview for a part-time job. It's in a breakers (kinda) where cars are dismantled/disassembled and sent on trucks to Nigeria to be sold. Cars, truck axles, truck gearboxes, box bodies....some set up! And anything that isn't going to be sold, I can cut up, wreck, destroy...whatever. I can vent my anger on cars!! YAY!!!! :pac: Just waiting on a phone call now. Fingers crossed. It could be a fun job.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

My mates car was robbed and found half of it dismantled and in a breakers ready to go to Nigeria
    06 BMW 318

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Good luck in the meeting/interview PKM :) EDIT: Just noticed you already had it. In that case, fingers crossed!

Just working a half day today. Finishing at 1, and have to somehow get changed and fly down the road from Galway to Shannon and make it there for 2, for my sister's graduation from school.... Challenge accepted!!

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Good luck in the meeting/interview PKM :) EDIT: Just noticed you already had it. In that case, fingers crossed!

Just working a half day today. Finishing at 1, and have to somehow get changed and fly down the road from Galway to Shannon and make it there for 2, for my sister's graduation from school.... Challenge accepted!!

:eek: if you can pull that off you would be preeeeeetttyyyy amazing! :pac:

:eek: if you can pull that off you would be preeeeeetttyyyy amazing! :pac:

I'm sure gonna try! I can make the journey in an hour provided I don't get stuck behind any slow drivers/traffic on the way down. Gonna try and get changed before 1 if I can :pac:

• Advertisement

I'm sure gonna try! I can make the journey in an hour provided I don't get stuck behind any slow drivers/traffic on the way down. Gonna try and get changed before 1 if I can :pac:

Good luck ^_^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Hope you make it Ankhyu!

Best of luck getting there, Ankhyu! :)

I'm OFF! :D

But, my fcuking boss called me at half fcuking NINE to ask me about a stock take. Apparently it didn't balance (I do the stock takes). I pointed out where he was wrong. It balanced perfectly. I was told my sales were good. I hung up the phone, wanting to strangle him. :pac:

Good luck with the graduation Ankhyu.

Neighbour's house was raided today when he wasn't there, it was like something from a movie! Four squad cars, God knows how many cops and special branch, busted down his front door, ransacked the house, searched his shed and then fecked off after about an hour. Then they called in and asked did I have a number so they could contact him. :confused:

The guy is a dick, but God knows what he's into.

I saw the end of a raid once which wasn't all that exciting but my friend had seen the whole thing, including one fella jumping out of an upstairs window and trying to make a run for it...apparently he didn't get very far. :P

Getting inked later and suddenly the nerves have kicked in big time. I'm not even out of bed yet!

Getting inked later and suddenly the nerves have kicked in big time. I'm not even out of bed yet!

What are ya getting?

Just had a dream within a dream. Inception style baby!!!! :cool:

I had a dream about talking cars the night before last. It legit freaked me out and I kept waking up because of it. I told Marty, expecting sympathy, but he just told me he'd love to have a dream like that. :pac:

Think a few cocktails are in order this evening. Have to have a difficult conversation with a friend, and call her out on some **** she's done that's out of order, so I suggested we get cocktails instead of coffee. :pac: I think I'll need them. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Just had a dream within a dream. Inception style baby!!!! :cool:
    Excellent, that's what we wanted you to think.

• Advertisement

What are ya getting?

A tea cup on top of a pile of books. It's inspired by the C.S Lewis quote 'You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.' Feel like that pretty much sums me up. :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement