Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

A tea cup on top of a pile of books. It's inspired by the C.S Lewis quote 'You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.' Feel like that pretty much sums me up. :p

Sounds like a pretty cool piece, enjoy getting it done

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Fookin tax office w4nkers . First they make a mistake and tax me 450 quid then when I go up about it they tell me il have it by Friday
    They Havint sent it out
    I've fooking bills to pay. They had no right to take it in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Fookin tax office w4nkers . First they make a mistake and tax me 450 quid then when I go up about it they tell me il have it by Friday
    They Havint sent it out
    I've fooking bills to pay. They had no right to take it in the first place.

I went up the other day and was told I was due a return of €106, got a cheque in the post today for €17.87...... that's some drop :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I'm getting too old for this shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

Orim wrote: »
    I'm getting too old for this shít.

My thoughts exactly as I have 6 small cousins hanging off me for the next few days! >.<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

I went up the other day and was told I was due a return of €106, got a cheque in the post today for €17.87...... that's some drop :p

i'll sicken u even more.apparently tax works different if ur married and i only recently found out about this so i applied to get my wifes tax credits as shes out of work and got it dated back to when we got married.and they recalculated my tax and gave me 2.5k back
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

McChubbin wrote: »
    In other news, I just discovered a band called Tesseract. They strike me as very similar in style to Tool but I'll have to listen to more of their stuff before I make any big opinions.
    P_1 wrote: »
    Tesseract? Now there's a blast from the past. haven't listened to any of them in a while may have to refresh my memory

One of my favourite bands. They've had their new album up on youtube for the last few weeks and it's absolutely savage. Unfortunately they seem to have just pulled it. But good news it's released in two days.

My thoughts exactly as I have 6 small cousins hanging off me for the next few days! >.<

Oooh I don't envy you at all. I couldn't hack that at all.

I'm getting to the point where sleeping on a couch is no longer worth saving the taxi fare.

On the plus side I saw an awesome band last night. This video pales in comparsion to how good they are live but it's sill pretty cool.

i'll sicken u even more.apparently tax works different if ur married and i only recently found out about this so i applied to get my wifes tax credits as shes out of work and got it dated back to when we got married.and they recalculated my tax and gave me 2.5k back
    :)

Ah ya jammy fecker!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Back about an hour now. So feckin' tired. Delighted with the piece, will stick a photo up in a bit. Nancy's brilliant, great artist and nice person too. Also gave me a really good deal 'cause she loved the tattoo so much. Such a good deal she said not too tell too many people how much I paid. :P She did say to tell people if you have a cool tattoo she'll do it for less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Nancy is lovely, can't wait to see the new shop.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Bit of a lazy evening, just browsing the net and listening to some music.

How's everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Ah, there's always something!! :D I'm sure I'll have another one tomorrow.

Oh, forgot to mention, I had a very informal meeting/interview for a part-time job. It's in a breakers (kinda) where cars are dismantled/disassembled and sent on trucks to Nigeria to be sold. Cars, truck axles, truck gearboxes, box bodies....some set up! And anything that isn't going to be sold, I can cut up, wreck, destroy...whatever. I can vent my anger on cars!! YAY!!!! :pac: Just waiting on a phone call now. Fingers crossed. It could be a fun job.

Ooh any other jobs going there give me a shout, I would love that, give me some heavy duty tools and just let me loose, heaven :D.

I saw the end of a raid once which wasn't all that exciting but my friend had seen the whole thing, including one fella jumping out of an upstairs window and trying to make a run for it...apparently he didn't get very far. :P

I seen a raid on my road was gas the whole road out watching as they even tore your mans car apart looking for drugs, they had been watching him gob****e had been dealing from his house 24 hours a day cars coming and going its blatantly obvious.

Can't wait to see the tattoo Killer :).

Just home from work had a row with my helper he's fecking useless all the other lads inwork moan about him behind his back but not my style and he pushed to far today, I know this makes me sound old but I remember when I was first got a job in my place I done my best to work my ass off impress the right people, weve had two youngfellas in now who are lazy and just act like they don't care one got let go this one ain't far behind unless he cops on, because of the two of them the boss said he's no longer taking on anymore apprentice, just full time helpers for us.

Anyway enough rambling just home from work trying to decide find energy to go the pub, im shattered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I'm in the pub, bored silly, but feeling tipsy. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Esoteric_ wrote: »

What's your poison?

Angron wrote: »
    What's your poison?

Some weird cocktails a bit like a strawberry daiquiri and shots of vodka. :o

Esoteric_ wrote: »

This no drinking business is going great for you :p

This no drinking business is going great for you :p

I know right? :pac: twice in four weeks is great by my standards, though, and I've stopped drinking now and had dinner. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

983795_10200537041323270_1016360446_n.jpg

I've ordered a new labret plug! Same as the one pictured above, but the one I'm getting is an oval with a concave back. Woo! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Evening folks, have most of us got lives and are out on this lovely Friday evening??? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

January wrote: »
    Evening folks, have most of us got lives and are out on this lovely Friday evening??? :p

I wish :P I'm home from my cousins at least, that was quite an ordeal, 3 days of them pulling off me :( :pac:

How was your day?? :)

• Advertisement

I'm having a quiet night in. My dad is out in the bar having a session, my mam is in the pub and im sitting in watching chatty man. Was gonna have a sneaky drink but then i got roped into picking my mam up :rolleyes: i'll make up for it tomorrow night, you mark my words!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

January wrote: »

I'm in work in the morning so a quiet night in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Evenin' all. Not long in from work. Not a bad day collecting and it was a nice day for it too. Came home to sweet & sour chicken and brown rice, chillin' now watching Hell's Kitchen on Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Watching the third part of a crime miniseries and then Graham Norton after. Sure how else would you spend your Friday night? :confused: :P

Watching the third part of a crime miniseries and then Graham Norton after. Sure how else would you spend your Friday? :confused: :P

Aye, I'll stick on Graham later, recorded it.

Im counting down the hours till Tuesday, getting a new car and im soooooooooooooo excited :D:D:D

Im counting down the hours till Tuesday, getting a new car and im soooooooooooooo excited :D:D:D

What ya gettin? Bet you won't sleep for the next few days with excitement!

What ya gettin? Bet you won't sleep for the next few days with excitement!

A micra haha! Don't laugh! It's 131 so it's the newest make, getting it in white, gonna be only gorgeous! I've already bagsied driving home from the dealership, tenner bets I crash as soon as I take off :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I wish :P I'm home from my cousins at least, that was quite an ordeal, 3 days of them pulling off me :( :pac:

How was your day?? :)

Was a good day, brought the girls to my mums for the day and my dad brings the older two (4 and 3) kick boxing on a Friday night (my brother teaches the class, my dad just makes sure they don't misbehave in it!). So myself and the 18 month old decided (well, I decided) that we'd walk home, it's only around the corner and she's only walking about two months but she had a great old time and kept turning round to walk back to my mums!

• Advertisement

A micra haha! Don't laugh! It's 131 so it's the newest make, getting it in white, gonna be only gorgeous! I've already bagsied driving home from the dealership, tenner bets I crash as soon as I take off :o

Not laughing at all!! A new car is a new car!! Chuffed for ya!!

Don't jinx yourself, that happened to a mate of mine!! He got his new car the same day I did. I got a brand new Mazda 6, he got a brand new Alfa 156. I got delayed leaving the dealership as I was onto the insurance company to transfer the insurance. Darren went on ahead and said he'd sort it when he got home.

I pulled out of the dealership (Annesley Williams on the Old Airport Road) and headed home. I got up to the traffic lights to see two cars embedded in each other. Darren was stopped at the traffic lights, looking around the inside of the car (as you do). The lights went green but he didn't see them change. In the meantime a car was coming up behind and the driver was looking up at a plane coming in to land. He never seen Darren stopped and BANG!! ran straight into the back of his brand new car. He was sick. And even though the other guy hit him from behind, Darren had no insurance. End of. Bummer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement