Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Not laughing at all!! A new car is a new car!! Chuffed for ya!!

Don't jinx yourself, that happened to a mate of mine!! He got his new car the same day I did. I got a brand new Mazda 6, he got a brand new Alfa 156. I got delayed leaving the dealership as I was onto the insurance company to transfer the insurance. Darren went on ahead and said he'd sort it when he got home.

I pulled out of the dealership (Annesley Williams on the Old Airport Road) and headed home. I got up to the traffic lights to see two cars embedded in each other. Darren was stopped at the traffic lights, looking around the inside of the car (as you do). The lights went green but he didn't see them change. In the meantime a car was coming up behind and the driver was looking up at a plane coming in to land. He never seen Darren stopped and BANG!! ran straight into the back of his brand new car. He was sick. And even though the other guy hit him from behind, Darren had no insurance. End of. Bummer.

Jesus wept!! I think i'd actually just sit there and cry. Didn't think about insurance actually, I'll let the mother drive it home so. We're only changing cos the current car is just too expensive to keep me driving. Aviva want almost €1200 to renew me on the current car, but onnly €880 on the micra. And the tax is just laughably cheaper. €200 a year as opposed to €160 ever 3 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Jesus wept!! I think i'd actually just sit there and cry. Didn't think about insurance actually, I'll let the mother drive it home so.

Wasn't trying to put you off, sorry. Just sort it when you go to collect it.
    We're only changing cos the current car is just too expensive to keep me driving. Aviva want almost €1200 to renew me on the current car, but onnly €880 on the micra. And the tax is just laughably cheaper. €200 a year as opposed to €160 ever 3 months.

Well, you can't really argue with that in fairness, can you? Good stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Send a fax/email to the insurance company before you leave the dealership. They'll backdate the insurance when they get it on Monday morning. If the car is going into your mothers name the chances are that she wouldn't be insured to drive it third party only because she owns it. The third party clause on insurance policies only applies to cars which do not belong to the policy owner or their spouse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Ah im sure my mam will have it all sorted! I just have to psyce myself up to clean out the current car before Tuesday. Effort.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm watching one of the Evil Dead films, it's fantastic :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

January wrote: »
    Was a good day, brought the girls to my mums for the day and my dad brings the older two (4 and 3) kick boxing on a Friday night (my brother teaches the class, my dad just makes sure they don't misbehave in it!). So myself and the 18 month old decided (well, I decided) that we'd walk home, it's only around the corner and she's only walking about two months but she had a great old time and kept turning round to walk back to my mums!

Awww that's adorable :3 even going around the corner is a huge adventure for kids that age! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Angron wrote: »
    I'm watching one of the Evil Dead films, it's fantastic :D

Which one? Evil Dead II is my favourite!!! :D

Was supposed to be going to look at a motorbike on Sunday, and PKM was kindly going to go with me, as I don't really know my ass from my elbow yet!
    Cancelled though, as the owner hasn't received the parts he needs yet! :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Which one? Evil Dead II is my favourite!!! :D

:(
    Army of Darkness, the third one.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The 2nd best one, but the most quotable!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Was supposed to be going to look at a motorbike on Sunday, and PKM was kindly going to go with me, as I don't really know my ass from my elbow yet!
    Cancelled though, as the owner hasn't received the parts he needs yet! :(

Don't worry chief, either you'll find another one or we just go look when he DOES get the parts. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Finally no work now till Monday night but I'd prob be on midwife duty
    think my little Jill is gonna have her kits this weekend she's way to big to go anymore than 4 more days

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Finally no work now till Monday night but I'd prob be on midwife duty
    think my little Jill is gonna have her kits this weekend she's way to big to go anymore than 4 more days

Aw baby ferrets right? Don't think I've ever seen a tiny ferret :O

They're cute!

My little girl loves One Direction... the tickets for their Croke Park gig go on sale this morning. I don't know whether to get some or if she's still too young for a concert... She'll be 5.5 when the gig is on... :\ She keeps hearing the ad on the radio and going "Mammy I want to go to the concert!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Oh yes, to all of you who wished me luck in making the journey from Galway to Shannon in an hour yesterday, I did do it in about 65 minutes, despite traffic! Was a bit late leaving work too but the ceremony was late starting so I only missed half a song :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Marty drunk called me at 7 this morning and woke me up. All grand, I went downstairs to chat to him so that I wouldn't wake anybody up. He started having a conversation with somebody else in the house he was in and hung up on me. :eek: I wasn't able to get back to sleep either, so he ended up getting a narky text or two, then a text apologising for being narky. I don't like being woken up. :pac:

How's everyone today? It's so nice out! I'm so happy that I have another day off. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

They're cute!

My little girl loves One Direction... the tickets for their Croke Park gig go on sale this morning. I don't know whether to get some or if she's still too young for a concert... She'll be 5.5 when the gig is on... :\ She keeps hearing the ad on the radio and going "Mammy I want to go to the concert!"

I'd say you might want to decide soon, there were people camping out to get them last night apparently.

I'm not a mum so I don't know but I'd say for a One Direction concert she might be okay, most of their fans are young anyway.

I went to see Olly Murs (laugh all ye want, I like him) and there were kids there who were her age, maybe a little younger and they seemed to be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

They're cute!

I don't know if it helps but I've seen babies at metal festivals. They seemed to be enjoying it.

:mad: Went to a friends house last night, came back today to find one of the dogs had peed all over my room :mad:

:mad: Went to a friends house last night, came back today to find one of the dogs had peed all over my room :mad:

Sorry, but I laughed so hard at that. :pac:

Well maybe my dogs should pay a visit to your house :P

• Advertisement

Well maybe my dogs should pay a visit to your house :P

MY dog would attack them. :D

Well I have a rottweiler, though this is getting a bit too close to starting dogfights :pac:

I'll see closer to the time, bet there'll be loads for sale on adverts and stuff.

I'll see closer to the time, bet there'll be loads for sale on adverts and stuff.

Yeah, they've announced a second date now as well so you'll probably be able to find them alright.

I wouldn't wait til too closer to the time. My sister got herself and my kid sister some tickets for their last gig, and they were selling for up to 600 a pair for a month before the gig...

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    I wouldn't wait til too closer to the time. My sister got herself and my kid sister some tickets for their last gig, and they were selling for up to 600 a pair for a month before the gig...

Jesus, I knew people would up the price but €600?! Desperate child or not that is ridiculous. That said my friend's mum took the two youngest girls to London to see them after the Irish gig sold out. They did make a weekend out of it though...

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Aw baby ferrets right? Don't think I've ever seen a tiny ferret :O

They are pretty cute and bitey little sh!ts at about 4 weeks old
    The mother is a pretty tiny girl aswell so she may need all my help on this one as its her first litter
    If it looks like she can't do it il take her to vets

Fecking internet is terrible today. Struggling to get a stable connection for longer than 15 minutes at the rate its going.

Spoke too soon
    Looked in hutch today and heard tell tale squeeks of little ferrets
    She had 9 and is doing very well
    :)

• Advertisement

It actually amazes me how much better animals cope with having litters compared to humans. Humans are complete wusses when it comes to it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement