Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

A7x playing in Dublin in Dec and noone wants to go to it :( Damn my friends for not being into good music!

Hmmm....if FFDP are supporting, I'm there!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

LOG are awesome. FFDP were recommended to me but I was never sold on them.

A7X, I can take them or leave them. Don't mind but not mad about em. Saw em live at Download and they did a great version of Walk. So much so that I left the beer queue :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Back from Limerick Citaaaayy and I have to say, I quite like it :) People there are very nice and accomadating (though I did note one fella trailing us on the way to Thormond Park, he crossed the road once I openly told the girls to watch their bags) The only complaint I have is the speed of service at the bar/niteclub, christ the poles would meet each other sooner!! Odd characters we met in Supermacs including an "old school hooker"? No idea why she said it like that but she was differant :pac:, as well as a guy who wouldn't take the hint my friend wasn't interested in him so I had to politely ask him to back off :)

Then back to the hotel to the residents bar, didn't get to bed until 6am :eek:. Was fine then yesterday but my god I was exhausted. Would love a full weekend in that part of the country.

Some fine land there too the little farmer in me noted :D

And you didnt even message me for a drink tut tut tut :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

got a ticket yesterday for soundgarden!! playing the 02 in sept! cant bloody wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Angron wrote: »
    I like LoG all right. Favourite band though is Cannibal Corpse, followed by Misery Index and Dying Fetus.

I like CC.

I remember the last time I went to see them, I went with a bloke who's 6'10 and fúckin' HUGE. I'm 5'1 and small enough.

Two of us in the pit. He comes out with a dislocated thumb, that I had to yank back into place, then got a black eye when he went back in.

I came out without a mark on me because all the big blokes there thought it was funny that I was so small and they protected me. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

August 11th :3

Orim wrote: »
    Saw em live at Download and they did a great version of Walk. So much so that I left the beer queue :D

Savage tune!! :cool:

Savage tune!! :cool:

Gonna go listen to some Pantera now. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    I like CC.

I like you too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I like CC.

I remember the last time I went to see them, I went with a bloke who's 6'10 and fúckin' HUGE. I'm 5'1 and small enough.

Two of us in the pit. He comes out with a dislocated thumb, that I had to yank back into place, then got a black eye when he went back in.

I came out without a mark on me because all the big blokes there thought it was funny that I was so small and they protected me. :pac:
    I've seen them twice, second one I was something of the walking wounded cause I had my arm in a cast from fracturing my wrist :P They are also the only band I've left the country for, went over to see them in London when I was like 17.

• Advertisement

I like you too.

I like you THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS much :D

*holds index finger and thumb half a millimeter apart*

:p

I like you THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS much :D

*holds index finger and thumb half a millimeter apart*

:p

Words hurt :(

Words hurt :(

They hurt less than you rejecting me for Adiboo. :(

They hurt less than you rejecting me for Adiboo. :(

Wait....... what? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

A7x playing in Dublin in Dec and noone wants to go to it :( Damn my friends for not being into good music!
    Angron wrote: »
    I'm tempted to go to that, haven't seen A7X since before The Rev died.
    Hmmm....if FFDP are supporting, I'm there!!!! biggrin.png

I sense a T+P beers in the making.

Wait....... what? :confused:

I'm messing! Gosh!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Too many acronyms :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I must listen to more metal...I always mean to.

And Eso there is nothing wrong with listening to McFly. :P They're seriously good live as well.

I must listen to more metal...I always mean to.

And Eso there is nothing wrong with listening to McFly. :P They're seriously good live as well.

What sort of metal are you interested in listening to? I'm sure I could give you some recommendations. :)

I know, they're genuinely great live. I've seen them three times. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

I rarely listen to any metal other than nu-metal and prog metal any more. I prefer the smoother melodies of rock, they just float my boat more. Also, I just can't take a band seriously who sings about dismembering babies, and all that kinda stuff! :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Butchered at Birth is a lovely song! :P Not a nu-metal fan myself, and I'm a bit hit-and-miss when it comes to prog. The only real prog-ish band I'd listen to much of would probably be Opeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I'd go
    I Havint seen them yet
    Was actually just listening to scream and nightmare as I was cleaning out the back garden there

Orim wrote: »
    I sense a T+P beers in the making.

Aye, sounds like a plan. :D:D

Just seen there, Within Temptation are doing a new world tour in 2014. No dates here, but 5 dates in the UK in January. I might have to look into going to one of them. They did an interesting cover of David Guetta's Titanium for an album they're doing...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

What sort of metal are you interested in listening to? I'm sure I could give you some recommendations. :)

I know, they're genuinely great live. I've seen them three times. :pac:

I don't know that much about the different types so just whatever really.

One more time than myself. I want to go to the anniversary concert in September but don't have the money. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Aww yis. Definately going to the beers on Saturday! I'm still in two minds about wearing my offensive t-shirt, though. Don't want to get turned away by the bouncher. Also: I understand you need ID to drink in the Woolshed? I'm 25 and I think I look my age but I've been carded before...any advice?

I'd say bring some, just to be on the safe side. I never really get ID'd myself, but I always have something on me, just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Been getting nostalgic and listening to lots of Oasis, Manics and Blur all evening.

Woolshed 'shouldn't' be any bother ID wise but it's always worthwhile bringing a Garda ID with ye if you have one

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

McChubbin wrote: »
    Aww yis. Definately going to the beers on Saturday! I'm still in two minds about wearing my offensive t-shirt, though. Don't want to get turned away by the bouncher. Also: I understand you need ID to drink in the Woolshed? I'm 25 and I think I look my age but I've been carded before...any advice?

Bring ID ;)

I don't know that much about the different types so just whatever really.

One more time than myself. I want to go to the anniversary concert in September but don't have the money. :(

Hmmm. Okay, is there any particular style you're really not into, like vocalists who scream rather than sing, or power metal or anything?

They're not really metal, more of a piss take of glam metal, but have a listen to Steel Panther, they're great. Death to All But Metal and Community Property are deadly. Community Property is my favourite love song. :D Lyrics below -

I would give you the stars in the sky
    But they're too far away
    If you were a hooker, you'd know
    I'd be happy to pay
    If suddenly you were a guy
    I'd be suddenly gay

'Cause my heart belongs to you
    My love is pure and true
    My heart belongs to you
    But my cóck is community property

You're the only girl that I like to screw
    When I'm not on the road
    When I come home, my dinner's made
    And the front lawn is mowed
    I'll kiss your mouth
    Even after you swallow my load

There ain't nothing that I wouldn't do, for you
    My heart belongs to you
    But my cóck is community property

I wanna make it clear
    So you retain it
    My dick's a free spirit
    And you can't restrain it
    No, you just can't chain it down

I love you so much it hurts
    From my head to my feet
    I think of you and I can't
    Help but fondle my meat
    I see your face every time
    That I go out and cheat

There ain't nothing that I wouldn't do
    My heart belongs to you
    But my dong is community property
    Yeah, yeah, yeah

:D:D:D

• Advertisement

P_1 wrote: »
    Been getting nostalgic and listening to lots of Oasis, Manics and Blur all evening.

Woolshed 'shouldn't' be any bother ID wise but it's always worthwhile bringing a Garda ID with ye if you have one

Eddie (the bouncer who is usually on on Saturday nights) is actually quite strict on ID.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement