Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Ankhyu wrote: »
    I know... do they not feel all icky?? I feel dirty now just having been in her vicinity.

And do they not smell themselves? It's bizarre.

All this soundgarden has rusty cage stuck in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I used to work with a guy who smelt of fish really badly. Everyone thought he just didnt wash or something but no, turned out he just ate a lot of fish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I shouldn't have taken antihistamines this morning, I can barely keep my eyes open in work and no amount of coffee is helping. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

Ankhyu! If you're working there on thursday I'll be in the city, I can come and laugh at your boredom for a while if ya want? :) think of it as background music to your work ;):D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I think I'd be of the same opinion. Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains are just fantastic
    :D

<3 Pearl Jam! I've seen them once or twice... or 20-odd times. AiC are great too, new album is being acquired as I type! Saw Soundgarden last year at Sonisphere in Madrid. Not the biggest fan of Chris Cornell though - really don't like his solo stuff. They were good (that could've been down to the fact I was hammered!) but I wouldn't be in a rush to see 'em again.

That festival was feckin' deadly though - Gojira, Mastodon, Kyuss Lives!, Clutch, Fear Factory, Machine Head... ah, to relive a weekend :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Ankhyu! If you're working there on thursday I'll be in the city, I can come and laugh at your boredom for a while if ya want? :) think of it as background music to your work ;):D

Nah you can't sorry :p Haha. I'm not based in the Limerick kiosk, just covering hols today. Off on hols then myself from tomorrow. Will prob spend most of my free time in Limerick though. Plans to get the next session on my tattoo as well as head out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Well I have a lot of listening to do. Thanks everyone. Will get on it when I am done with the new Arrested Development. My parents are back from their holidays tomorrow so I have a looooot of cleaning to do...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Nah you can't sorry :p Haha. I'm not based in the Limerick kiosk, just covering hols today. Off on hols then myself from tomorrow. Will prob spend most of my free time in Limerick though. Plans to get the next session on my tattoo as well as head out :D

who's doin the tattoo for you?

N'awwwwwwwwwww. :P We should have a beers in limerick guys over the summer :P

N'awwwwwwwwwww. :P We should have a beers in limerick guys over the summer :P

yeh i agree with this :pac:

• Advertisement

jenizzle wrote: »
    That festival was feckin' deadly though - Gojira, Mastodon, Kyuss Lives!, Clutch, Fear Factory, Machine Head... ah, to relive a weekend :o

I'm so jealous. For some godawful reason I keep missing Fear Factory and I would love to see them.

I didn't realise Sonisphere was in Madrid. What's the deal with it? Is it a travelling festival or is it just in different countries with the same name?

gregers85 wrote: »
    who's doin the tattoo for you?

Ross Nagle. Alice in Wonderland half sleeve, there's a photo of what's done so far in the "Show you mine" thread back in Jan :)

Ross Nagle. Alice in Wonderland half sleeve, there's a photo of what's done so far in the "Show you mine" thread back in Jan :)

Ah yes!! ive seen it!! its brilliant so far!! :D

Ah yes!! ive seen it!! its brilliant so far!! :D

Thanks :D Not looking forward to getting the inside of my arm done though :( I swelled up like a b1tch in one part after the last session

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Orim wrote: »
    I'm so jealous. For some godawful reason I keep missing Fear Factory and I would love to see them.

I didn't realise Sonisphere was in Madrid. What's the deal with it? Is it a travelling festival or is it just in different countries with the same name?

They were awesome! I don't really listen to much of their stuff at all, but I really enjoyed them! I think Metallica or Soundgarden were headlining that night, then they had Gojira on after them at something like 1 in the morning, then Fear Factory, then Clutch. It eventually finished up around 4 or 5 in the morning, t'was feckin' savage and my whole body was in bits for a few days after.

I think they have Sonisphere in a few places - England, France, Italy, somewhere in Scandinavia... They don't have the same lineup in each place either. I think this year in Madrid it's just a one-day thing, Iron Maiden are headlining.

Thanks :D Not looking forward to getting the inside of my arm done though :( I swelled up like a b1tch in one part after the last session

I have a piece done on the inside of my arm aswell, didnt find it too bad to be honest! the taughts of it was actually worse then the pain itself!! good thing though is Ross works so fast he'll fly through it for yu ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Mornin' all!

My tattooist was onto me last night, set a date for the next tatt (Pennywise) for tomorrow week (Tuesday 4th June). Can't feckin' wait!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

They all 'float' down here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

And you didnt even message me for a drink tut tut tut :p

To be honest, we were fairly pushed for time there, would have loved to call out and seen your puppies :) Another time, will definitely be back down there sometime. Great vibe from Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Like the avy Damo, fecker ya!!! :P :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Had you heard that he'd (Tim Curry) had a stroke last year, but it only really made the news last week?
    http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2013/0525/452559-tim-curry-recovering-after-stroke/

Is it jut me or is boards REALLY slow atm for some reason? Every other website is working grand like :/

Is it jut me or is boards REALLY slow atm for some reason? Every other website is working grand like :/

Seems to be okay for me.

Can you imagine this happening? Talk about ups and downs.

http://kotaku.com/100-000-comic-book-found-in-the-wall-of-a-10-000-home-509864923

Seems to be okay for me.

Can you imagine this happening? Talk about ups and downs.

http://kotaku.com/100-000-comic-book-found-in-the-wall-of-a-10-000-home-509864923

heard about this on the radio this morning! jammy fooker haha :pac:

heard about this on the radio this morning! jammy fooker haha :pac:

True but they ripped off the back cover knocking off an estimated $75000. Fecking inlaws.

True but they ripped off the back cover knocking off an estimated $75000. Fecking inlaws.

yeh apparently the in-law was saying it was worthless to bin it!! id say he was being a schnake about it haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Meant to have a friend coming over today but kind of annoyed with her so would rather not see her. Also haven't heard from her excet for one text yesterday after a week of hming and hawing and acting like getting to my house which is only three miles away is so difficult so no idea when to expect her (if to expect her at all) but don't want to text her asking because that makes it seem like I want her to come over. I know how petty this all sounds but she keeps pulling the same **** and I am fed up of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Why not just text her and say you're busy? I do it when my friends annoy me, I did it this morning actually. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

My friends have a tendency to flake on plans with me quite regularly, bugs the crap out of me. Worst one was when I organised to meet someone in Dublin, wound up in Temple Bar at 11 o'clock at night, with them not answering their phone. Never even got an apology or explanation.

• Advertisement

Angron wrote: »
    My friends have a tendency to flake on plans with me quite regularly, bugs the crap out of me. Worst one was when I organised to meet someone in Dublin, wound up in Temple Bar at 11 o'clock at night, with them not answering their phone. Never even got an apology or explanation.

Eugh that sounds infuriating. I know a couple of really flakey people, it boils my piss. It's not that hard to send a text like!

Or when you go out of your way to make sure you have an evening free to hang out with someone, and they cancel at the last minute.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement