Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Raaawr. My cat clawed me and I got yelled at for eating a cold chicken ball. What is with today? I keep getting (literally) rained on. :(
    On the plus side, got a 21st to go to next week. Breakout the non-alcoholic Palaner!
    Really feeling the itch to get tattooed but as I'm currently paying off a camera at the moment, I can't save up my monies yet.
    Hope to have it paid by August, though. And now, back to blissfully procrastinating on writing my novel by oggling Tom Hiddleston on Tumblr!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

¡hola new thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Star Trek: Into Darkness, followed by nommy Cajun food from Tante Zoe's!
    Great day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

Star Trek: Into Darkness, followed by nommy Cajun food from Tante Zoe's!
    Great day!

I just got home from the library. I want to go to the movies! :( Is it great?

Going to see the new Star Trek tomorrow if all goes to plan. Any good, Damo?
    Also: Saburritos corn tacos. NOM.

• Advertisement

If you enjoyed the last one, I'd say that you would love Into Darkness. I wasnt a Trekkie, but enjoyed the previous movie, and thought this one was brilliant!

Saw it in IMAX too, felt it was well worth the few quid extra.

Can't wait to see it, I did love the first one. Also haven't seen Iron Man yet. Time for a cinema double bill methinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Think Marty just finished seeing Star Trek tonight, he was out seeing it earlier while I was at the match. Nerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrds. :p

I have a couple of free cinema tickets still lying around at home, they have to be used this month. Think I'll wait til the weekend and go see the Great Gatsby, I REALLY want to see that. :)

Ah crap I'd forgotten that was coming out. Movie triple bill! If I ever manage to get out from under the books

Ooooh yes! Baz Luermen is one of my favorite directors. I loved Strictly Ballroom and Moulin Rogue. Not all that mad about Australia but hey, Hugh Jackman shirtless...:D
    The Great Gatsby looks good and I always enjoy anything Leonardo DiCaprio stars in. How he hasn't gotten an Oscar yet is beyond me.
    The clothes in that movie look fabulous. I love 1920's/30's flapper dresses! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I'm just back from Star Trek, it was so good! Benedict Cumberbatch's voice is a thing of beauty.

I'm just back from Star Trek, it was so good! Benedict Cumberbatch's voice is a thing of beauty.

I really wasn't expecting him to be so good in it, don't know quite what I was expecting, but it wasn't that!

I really wasn't expecting him to be so good in it, don't know quite what I was expecting, but it wasn't that!

I thought he was really, really good! So evil! I've heard a lot about him, but never seen him in anything other than Warhorse. I may have to watch Sherlock now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I thought he was really, really good! So evil! I've heard a lot about him, but never seen him in anything other than Warhorse. I may have to watch Sherlock now.

Do, its amazing. Top class stuff. Adore him and Martin Freeman.

Have to see the new Star Trek and Great Gatsby but have **** all money. Decisions decisions...

Do, its amazing. Top class stuff. Adore him and Martin Freeman.

Have to see the new Star Trek and Great Gatsby but have **** all money. Decisions decisions...

I might give it a glance tomorrow, I don't want to start watching anything tonight cos I just want to crawl into bed and sleep. This weekend completely wiped me out. I just can't drink anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

Just back from a night out in Club Hell. I am rather drunk. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I shouldn't drink
    ReAlly shouldn't drink by rights of humanity I shouldn't drink for everyone's sake
    One day il be so drunk il take over the world and yas all be sorry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Went to Star Trek to stay off the drink, didnt work at all finished way to early :(. Star Trek was class though :) only problem finished a 10:30 way to early so we got out and onlt option ws pub just a tad drunk now need ore vodka.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I may have to watch Sherlock now.

Yep definitely watch Sherlock--Its a actually really really good.

Im watching Elementary at the minute and that's brilliant aswell.

But Im running out of things to watch.

My self and Mrs Hellrazer seems to have 5/6 different series on the go.

At the minute its

Grimm
    Supernatural
    Elementary
    Hannibal
    Revolution
    Person of Interest

These are all finishing soon so Im going to be lost for something to watch :(:(

Sherlock is savage. :)

I'm stuck for TV to watch. Since The Following finished, all I've been watching is Kitchen Nightmares. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Yep definitely watch Sherlock--Its a actually really really good.

Im watching Elementary at the minute and that's brilliant aswell.

But Im running out of things to watch.

My self and Mrs Hellrazer seems to have 5/6 different series on the go.

At the minute its

Grimm
    Supernatural
    Elementary
    Hannibal
    Revolution
    Person of Interest

These are all finishing soon so Im going to be lost for something to watch :(:(

Is Supernatural still going? Stopped watching around season 6, it just went a bit too mental.

Have you watched American Horror Story? Only watched a small bit myself but I've heard great things.

Have to give pins n needles in phibsborough some credit here, despite my opinions on their branch in talbot street. the branch in talbot street did one of my tatts and it's in need of some major touching up. The branch subsequently closed down and the tattoo artists were not kept on in the phibsborough branch.

I message the owner of the phibsborough studio, asking if he owned the talbot street place and if he did, did he know where the artist who tattooed me had gone (tbh so i can avoid the studio!). I explained how badly faded the black ink in my tatt is (it's disappeared completely in places!) and straight away, I got an apology and an invite to come in any time I want and he himself will touch it up for free.

credit where it's due. he didn't mess it up, but is willing to fix it. fair play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Have to give pins n needles in phibsborough some credit here, despite my opinions on their branch in talbot street. the branch in talbot street did one of my tatts and it's in need of some major touching up. The branch subsequently closed down and the tattoo artists were not kept on in the phibsborough branch.

I message the owner of the phibsborough studio, asking if he owned the talbot street place and if he did, did he know where the artist who tattooed me had gone (tbh so i can avoid the studio!). I explained how badly faded the black ink in my tatt is (it's disappeared completely in places!) and straight away, I got an apology and an invite to come in any time I want and he himself will touch it up for free.

credit where it's due. he didn't mess it up, but is willing to fix it. fair play.

Seems like they're getting some stick on FB about how cheap their piercing prices are... in fairness, I thought that piercings that cheap could never be that good, some of the pics they've put up of naval piercings have looked crooked but most look good.

Fair play to him, seems to be doing well for himself now. Let us know how you get on.

January wrote: »
    Seems like
    they're getting some stick on FB about how cheap their piercing prices
    are... in fairness, I thought that piercings that cheap could never be
    that good, some of the pics they've put up of naval piercings have
    looked crooked but most look good.

Fair play to him, seems to be doing well for himself now. Let us know
    how you get on.

Yeah, studios are giving him sh¡t because they're losing custom. I agree that some navel piercings look a bit crooked but most of them seem decent. Thankfully, the tattoo artist and owner is not the piercer. :pac: Tbh I'll probably just pay another studio to fix my tatt while I'm getting my next tattoo, but have to give him credit for offering to fix it when it had nothing to do with him other than that he paid for the studio.

Orim wrote: »
    Is Supernatural still going? Stopped watching around season 6, it just went a bit too mental.

Have you watched American Horror Story? Only watched a small bit myself but I've heard great things.

AHS is brilliant, especially the second series!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Anyone watch Psych? I seem to catch it most Sundays, seems like a pretty good show, but I've never gone out of my way to watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Just had a look on the Pins N Needles Facebook page. They have a portrait up claiming they did it that an artist from Spilled Ink did.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Subtle. Has anyone pointed that out?

Edit: Just saw you mentioned it on FB :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Angron wrote: »
    Subtle. Has anyone pointed that out?

I let the artist know, but no, nobody has mentioned it on the Pins N Needles page.

• Advertisement

Yeah, just glanced at facebook and it came up that you posted on the pic :P Bit of a dickish move on their part.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement