Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Ok quick question for Damo or any other tech whizz, if Damo remember the Hard drive enclosure he told me to buy for the hard drive from my old laptop is I've been trying to open Itunes on that with new laptop but it wont let me? Ive tried copying all the files it still wont let me? Is this Apple being apple and being awkward blocking me from doing so?

Is there a way I can play it on the new laptop? Or do i have to install i tunes seperately then take all the songs off the old laptop? Im so confused, had no problem taking the old laptop apart figuring it all out how to put it in the encasing etc mechanically im sound then came the tech stuff whoosh over my head.

You'll have to install iTunes on the new laptop, then just point it to the right folder/folders on the hard drive to pick up the music. Should be pretty plain sailing from there.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Orim wrote: »
    Found out that Gojira are playing the last day as well. Would like to see them again but it's like 5 days later and they are playing with bullet for my valentine and bring to the horizon.

I got my tickets to NIN this morning too, VERY excited!

I am also gutted that Gojira are playing there with that lineup - we're feckin' crying out for a headline show and they don't seem to be making their way this way at all. They're f*ckin' brilliant live!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

jenizzle wrote: »
    I got my tickets to NIN this morning too, VERY excited!

I am also gutted that Gojira are playing there with that lineup - we're feckin' crying out for a headline show and they don't seem to be making their way this way at all. They're f*ckin' brilliant live!

Yeah I'd love to see them headline a show. Saw them once when they played the ambassador with trivium and some band I don't remember at all.

They were on first and absolutely brilliant and then I spent the rest of the gig in the smoking area. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

They were on first and absolutely brilliant and then I spent the rest of the gig in the smoking area. :pac:

Trust you :P haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Think I'll be buying the new Daft Punk album today. :)

I offered to buy it for Marty, too, but he said no because he's not willing to wait til I see him next week to get it. :pac:

Also, I have sunburn, for the first time since I was 5 years old. Fcuking stings!

• Advertisement

Trust you :P haha.

The bar would really be more my style but I always hated the bar in the ambassador. Actually don't like the bars in most venues. Except for Voodoo that was a good spot.

I've decided that I'm going to have a little Carl Weathers marathon. So it'll be Rocky and Predator once I get out of work.

The bar would really be more my style but I always hated the bar in the ambassador. Actually don't like the bars in most venues. Except for Voodoo that was a good spot.

I've decided that I'm going to have a little Carl Weathers marathon. So it'll be Rocky and Predator once I get out of work.

Meh you seem to like the smoking areas too :P haha

And got all excited when I saw you saying rocky but then I realised you were on about that fighting movie and not rocky horror :(

Watched Rocky 3 during the week - his helmet hair is fantastic. Also, the running along the beach in the short shorts and the man hug at the end... epic :pac: Was he actually in anything else?!
    And got all excited when I saw you saying rocky but then I realised you were on about that fighting movie and not rocky horror :(

Get the boat with yer sad face for Rocky!

Been listening to this loads :D

(Though the lyrics on that one are slightly different from the one I have!)

Been listening to this loads :D

(Though the lyrics on that one are slightly different from the one I have!)

I'm legit obsessed with that song at the moment. I listen to it about 10 times a day. :o

It came on in a club when my sister and I were out with friends a few weeks ago, and immediately my friend Luke fcuking dragged me up to dance, and then we both drunkenly tried to beg the DJ to play it again a few more times. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Carl Weathers, what a legend ha

Watched Rocky 3 during the week - his helmet hair is fantastic. Also, the running along the beach in the short shorts and the man hug at the end... epic :pac: Was he actually in anything else?!

Beyond the Rockys, he was in Predator. He was also in Arrested Development as Carl Weathers. And he was Chubbs in Happy Gilmore. Haven't a clue beyond that.

The Handshake that shook the world haha :p :pac:

256279.jpg

Was he actually in anything else?!

LOADS, but I mostly know him from Rocky, Predator and Happy Gilmore :D

(And Arrested Development!)

Beyond the Rockys, he was in Predator. He was also in Arrested Development as Carl Weathers. And he was Chubbs in Happy Gilmore. Haven't a clue beyond that.

does a cameo in little Nicky too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I only know Carl Weathers from Arrested Development...is that bad?

gregers85 wrote: »
    does a cameo in little Nicky too!!

I don't remember in that at all but then I've only seen little nicky once years ago. Good film.

Does anyone remember when he was abducting kids in Africa? Strange times. :pac:

I only know Carl Weathers from Arrested Development...is that bad?

Does this mean you haven't seen the Rocky films or Predator? :eek:

I haven't anyways :o

It does! I keep meaning to but I have a million and one films I have to watch. I have seen Happy Gilmore but a long long time ago which is why when I saw AD I didn't make the connection.

• Advertisement

I haven't anyways :o
    It does! I keep meaning to but I have a million and one films I have to watch. I have seen Happy Gilmore but a long long time ago which is why when I saw AD I didn't make the connection.

xqefEH.jpg

Even I've seen the Rocky films, and I never make any effort to watch films. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Shut up, you love meat boxes. ;)

Who doesn't?? *snigger*

xqefEH.jpg

If they don't recognise the "Mother of God" meme from it's movie counterpart, then it's time to quit...

Dun dundundun dundunDUNdundundun dundun dundundun dundunDUNdundundun

dundundundundahdundundun

BAAAWM BAAAAWM

Eye of the Tiger, Rocky. Eye of the Tiger!

If they don't recognise the "Mother of God" meme from it's movie counterpart, then it's time to quit...

Actually didn't like that film :o

Who doesn't?? *snigger*

That was the point. :p

Is it weird that at this age I'm freaking out cause I have to get Dublin bus on my own when I've never done it before :o I mean I don't know my way around Dublin AT ALL >.<

Sorry to say but I had no idea there was a movie counterpart. I tried googling it there and found nothing.

• Advertisement

Is it weird that at this age I'm freaking out cause I have to get Dublin bus on my own when I've never done it before :o I mean I don't know my way around Dublin AT ALL >.<

Feckin' culchies :pac: Bet ye know how to get around Dublin more than Dubs though!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement