Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Delivery still ain't here
    It'll be 3 o'clock by time I get home ffs
    Typical bank holiday weekend nothing goes t plan

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Only finished now
    Bad start to long weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Good man, I love Better off Dead for years I couldn't remember the name of it and with a little help in the movie identification thread in films I found it im now a proud owner of it on DVD one of the better 80's teen films if ya ask me :).

It really is class!! John Cusack looks about 12 in it!! :pac:
    Ouch cross-fit is tough anytime I do that do be in bits I usually do some cross fit or hiit training before or at the end of every session for about 15 to 20 minutes, how long does a proper class of it last? Is it relentless?

It's about 90 minutes. It's tough enough. Doesn't help when there's 3 x 3 minute rounds on the bags. :o
    I have a severe hatred for crossfit. So much hate

LOL - ah it's not that bad. It's just been so long since I did it, it's hard to get back into.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

80's teen movies still rock.what about 16 candles and the breakfast club

Two of my favourites. Love Ferris Bueller's Day Off as well.
    Another 80's fave of mine (though maybe not too well known, is Better Off Dead with John Cusack. He tries so many times to commit suicide but never manages to get there as something always goes wrong. Funny, funny movie!!!

Will check it out. I like John Cusack so I'd say it would be good.

Speaking of John Cusack I do wonder if he has some sort of clause in his contract saying each film he's in has to have a scene in the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Went to view a bike today, and agreed to take it, so have to figure out how to get down to Wexford tomorrow to get it... In a way that won't be awkward with all my gear with me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Silent Disco street party tonight. Excited!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Went to view a bike today, and agreed to take it, so have to figure out how to get down to Wexford tomorrow to get it... In a way that won't be awkward with all my gear with me...

Get someone to give you a lift? Or take the train down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I made carrot cake! :D Never made it from scratch before but the smells coming out of my kitchen are heavenly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Wtf. I'm trying to post in a new thread here, and it's saying that the whole forum is no longer accepting posts. :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

You've broken boards, haven't you? :P

• Advertisement

jenizzle wrote: »
    Get someone to give you a lift? Or take the train down?

I'm thinking I might have to take the train, no lifts available that I know of. Train could just be a bit awkward, having to take all my bike gear down with me.

I can't ride a bike on account of having severe blance issues with regards to being deaf. It sucks majorly as I was never without my trusty stabilizer wheels as a kid. Soon as my age hit double figures I was deemed too old to use them and thus rended unable to ride like the wind.
    Only way I could possibly get back into cycling without resigning myself to a stationary excercise bike is if I forked out a grand for one of these babies:
    3-Wheeler.jpg
    I really want to get one of these as I love cycling and even if I only use it to go down the shops and back at the very least I'll be getting a lot of excercise. My folks think I'm crazy and that I'd be opening myself up to ridicule if I got a 3 wheeler at the age of 25 but **** it- why should my disabilities hold me back? Besides, I've pretty much stopped giving a **** about what people think of me since I was 15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Today has been a complete write off. Spent most of it in bed feeling sorry for myself, then had a durty big take away, and now I feel like the unhealthiest person on the planet. Ugh.

Today has been a complete write off. Spent most of it in bed feeling sorry for myself, then had a durty big take away, and now I feel like the unhealthiest person on the planet. Ugh.
    So be good tomorrow! That's how I get by! and don't be beating yourself up about it- sure you're only gorgeous! :D

CC, one take away isn't gonna kill you, just get yer arse to the gym an extra day this week. :)

I'm finally able to sit down. Been awake most of the night thanks to Marty drunk calling me TWICE because he wanted to chat (although he was sweet and stuff on the phone so it was nice :o ), stumbled into work, got home from work at 6.30 (home to my gran's house, where I'm minding her), to be told that my uncle didn't come to make her dinner as planned, so I had to make her a full roast dinner, and now she's moody and having a rant because she's in pain. she's shouting at me all evening. This is going to be a long fcuking night. :mad:

I'm thinking I might have to take the train, no lifts available that I know of. Train could just be a bit awkward, having to take all my bike gear down with me.

Update! :D Got offered a lift by an awesome boardsie! :D

So tomorrow I'll be heading up on this:
    Full-20009443.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

Ok enough tears, time for chatting to a certain someone (who is totally epic :3 )

Ok enough tears, time for chatting to a certain someone (who is totally epic :3 )

Ooh, who ya chatting to? ;)

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Ooh, who ya chatting to? ;)

Definately NOT not not not not not not not not not not not someone who I intruded on for the whole weekend! :P

Definately NOT not not not not not not not not not not not someone who I intruded on for the whole weekend! :P

:pac: Who did you stay with this weekend? a boardsie? :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Rho!

January wrote: »
    Rho!

Ooh! Gossip! :D

*whistles innocently* :D

Hahahaha :D Ah I was right!!! He seems like a lovely guy :)

January wrote: »
    Hahahaha :D Ah I was right!!! He seems like a lovely guy :)

Nope. No you weren't :P Hahaha. Sorry Rho! :P

Ah crap haha :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I stayed at Rho's last night :P He was a lovely host :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Damo, that is a lovely bike!! I thought you were heading to Wexford for a road bicycle of some amazing type, not a motorbike :o

Nice wee spend for the bank holiday ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Glad ye got sorted Damo. Was very close to offering but I got invited to dinner in the in-laws and feeding Rexxy the petrol would've cost this month's rent :P

Today was a complete write-off for me too. I didn't move all day, aside from a quick wander in the park on the way to the chipper. I'll be up nice and early in the morning to work it off!

• Advertisement

jenizzle wrote: »
    Glad ye got sorted Damo. Was very close to offering but I got invited to dinner in the in-laws and feeding Rexxy the petrol would've cost this month's rent :P

Pfffft, I'll be covering the cost of the trip! But thanks anyway lady! ^_^

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement