Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I know nothing about cars really, but fcuk, I'm sorry PKM. :(

I didn't do well in my class tonight. I made sure to eat really healthy, slow energy releasing foods today, but about a minute into the class, before we'd even finished the warm up, I started feeling really dizzy and shakey, it lasted for the whole class, felt weak and had to drop my 16kg kettlebell for an 8kg, vomited a few times and still feel rough now. :( Think it's just exhaustion because I've worked every day bar one out of the last 2 weeks or so, and haven't been sleeping much. :(

But then I went home to visit my folks for a bit and my baby cheered me up by looking cute and wanting loads of cuddles. :D

fqx44.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Like eso I know sweet **** all about cars but sorry to hear PKM. Hope you can work something out.

Roller derby is fun, hard but fun. I am literally one of the worst people in the class but I enjoy it enough to not give a ****. That says a lot because usually if find something hard I don't usually have the patience to stick with it. Fell on my ass three or four times and it is still really sore now. Also while doing a one knee fall my right leg flew out in front of my and twisted at a really odd angle which hurt like an absolute bitch, thought I was going to cry but after a minute or so I managed to get up again and keep going. And no-one cares so I'll stop whittering on and take this to the roller derby thread.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

2002 Nissan Primera 2.2 dCi

Where are you based??

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Where are you based??

He's in Kinnegad iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

2002 Primera's are ****ing full of problems. My mam and dad had one, bought new, and the gearbox literally fell out of it after about 2 years and nothing but problems since then. They got rid of it about 5 years ago though.

• Advertisement

Like eso I know sweet **** all about cars but sorry to hear PKM. Hope you can work something out.

Roller derby is fun, hard but fun. I am literally one of the worst people in the class but I enjoy it enough to not give a ****. That says a lot because usually if find something hard I don't have the patience to stick with it. Fell on my ass three or four times and it is still really sore now. Also while doing a one knee fall my right leg flew out in front of my and twisted at a really odd angle which hurt like an absolute bitch, thought I was going to cry but after a minute or so I managed to get up again and keep going. And no-one cares so I'll stop whittering on and take this to the roller derby thread.

What is roller derby?! Is it a work out?? Sounds fun...

January wrote: »
    What is roller derby?! Is it a work out?? Sounds fun...

It's a contact sport played on roller skates. It's still fairly small in Ireland at the moment but it's pretty big in America. As far as I now we've got teams in Limerick, Dublin, Cork and Galway. It's mainly played by women but there are some men's and unisex teams in different countries.

It's a contact sport played on roller skates. It's still fairly small in Ireland at the moment but it's pretty big in America. As far as I now we've got teams in Limerick, Dublin, Cork and Galway. It's mainly played by women but there are some men's and unisex teams in different countries.

One of my mates is a ref for a women's team somewhere in Dublin. :) He tried to get me to do it, but I can barely walk without falling over, let alone skate. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Last time I skated it was on ice, and it got cut short, some woman slipped and knocked herself out on the ice.

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    One of my mates is a ref for a women's team somewhere in Dublin. :) He tried to get me to do it, but I can barely walk without falling over, let alone skate. :pac:

The first thing they teach you is how to fall. :pac: If you fall forward you're fine since you have your knee, elbow and wrist pad.. Falling on your ass, as I already said, is ****ing sore. I may have ot invest in some padded shorts.
    Angron wrote: »
    Last time I skated it was on ice, and it got cut short, some woman slipped and knocked herself out on the ice.

Oooh that sounds nasty. I remember we went ice skating on a school trip once and the amount of people who had to go home afterwards was insane. I hate ice skating, I'm rubbish and it's so sore when you fall. A friend of mine used to do figure skating and she says the blades on rental skates aren't sharpened enough to skate properly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, when I went it was when I was in 6th class. It's safe to say it didn't make a skater out of me :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Where are you based??
    He's in Kinnegad iirc.

Aye, Kinnegad. (for my sins! LOL)
    2002 Primera's are ****ing full of problems. My mam and dad had one, bought new, and the gearbox literally fell out of it after about 2 years and nothing but problems since then. They got rid of it about 5 years ago though.

Ah don't tell me that!! I only bought the car a couple of months ago! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Doesn't matter how old or new a car is. It's down to how its driven
    I've done gearboxes and clutches engines wrx on car that only had 10,000 Km on them and its totally down to the way the car is drive not the car. Even fiats will last when not driven **** out of.
    I done services on a car that was 1984 starlet and never had an engine or gearbox and only 1 clutch replaced
    It's the driver not the car folks.
    If help ya out pkm but I'm a bit out of range for ya

Doesn't matter how old or new a car is. It's down to how its driven
    I've done gearboxes and clutches engines wrx on car that only had 10,000 Km on them and its totally down to the way the car is drive not the car. Even fiats will last when not driven **** out of.
    I done services on a car that was 1984 starlet and never had an engine or gearbox and only 1 clutch replaced
    It's the driver not the car folks.
    If help ya out pkm but I'm a bit out of range for ya

Agreed mate. This car replace a 1997 Mazda 626 I bought 5 years ago for €1000. All I did in that time was service the car regular, changed the water pump belt, replaced the tyres ONCE, replaced the coil and leads. Might sound like a lot to some, but it's really not. It had 200,000 miles on it when I got rid of her. To the last day, you wouldn't even hear her ticking over when she idled and was so quiet and smooth when driving.

Are you a mechanic chief? I'm going to a breakers in Mullingar tomorrow morning to see if I can get one there, I'll need someone to throw it in for me if I can get one. I should be able to get out to you if you're able to do it.

I am SO awake right now. More awake then I usually would be during the day never mind at 4am.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Are you a mechanic chief? I'm going to a breakers in Mullingar tomorrow morning to see if I can get one there, I'll need someone to throw it in for me if I can get one. I should be able to get out to you if you're able to do it.

I am by trade mate. What exactly are you gettin in the breakers? I wouldn't get an alternator at a breakers in case that one is bolloxed aswell. Better off gettin one that reconditioned.

I'm feckin' LOVING this song. I think I must be sick. :(

I am by trade mate. What exactly are you gettin in the breakers? I wouldn't get an alternator at a breakers in case that one is bolloxed aswell. Better off gettin one that reconditioned.

AH, very good. I'll bear it in mind for the next time. I think I'm boxed off for now. He got a pulley from the breakers that's in better nick than mine so he's gonna recondition my alternator and put on the pulley from the breakers, and it'll do the job and be half the cost. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

I'm feckin' LOVING this song. I think I must be sick. :(

Nah you're not, I think it's a great song too :D

It's catchy... and Robin Thicke is hot... :\

• Advertisement

It's catchy... and Robin Thicke is hot... :\

I don't find him attractive, but I'd ride him for his voice alone. :pac: One hour til freedom :)

Just made sweet potato, chickpea and quinoa burgers. So yummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I like my job but my boss is making staying here impossible.

Just in, Chinese ordered and Fawlty Towers on the telly, Continuum on in half an hour. Feck it, that's my night sorted. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Car loan has been approved :D Now I just have to wait till the car is ready and I have a day off :/ So impatient!

Just in, Chinese ordered and Fawlty Towers on the telly, Continuum on in half an hour. Feck it, that's my night sorted. :D
    Love Fawlty Towers :D

Love Fawlty Towers :D

My dad bought me the DVD gift set thingy for Christmas a few years back, I'm surprised the disc hasn't snapped, I've watched it so much. :pac:

My favourite moment in the show is Basil when he has the concussion, goose-stepping his way around the Germans :D

My favourite moment in the show is Basil when he has the concussion, goose-stepping his way around the Germans :D

That's my favourite episode. :D I remember watching it with my dad when I was younger, not really 'getting' it until a few years later when I saw it again and píssed myself laughing. :D

• Advertisement

He was class!!!

Walk.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement