Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Some the hostels are ok, my last time there we stayed in the flying pig can't remember which one theres two in Amsterdam we stayed in the one on main street close to the redlight district, we had our own room so no sharing with strangers, and our own bathroom shower.

The place also had a bar which served till about 5 in the morning and the coolest seating lying area ever, it had what wa essentially a giant matress kinda that could sit about twenty people and little tables in and around it so an area to proper flake out and have a drink of coarse they had to ask me to go to bed because they wanted to shut the bar.

I was reading a review about the flying pig hostel thats outside Amsterdam near a beach, it sounded like a fun place, but an absolute kip into the bargain! The only way I'd hostel it is if we got a private room.

Would a hostel next to the red light district not be dodgy as fcuk??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I was reading a review about the flying pig hostel thats outside Amsterdam near a beach, it sounded like a fun place, but an absolute kip into the bargain! The only way I'd hostel it is if we got a private room.

Yeh I've heard of that one, meant to be class. I'd be the same as yoursself only way ill hostel is in a private room, private room with private bathroom its grand not a bother.

No not at all dodgy the red light district is smack bang in the middle of Amsterdam it can be dodgy in there but once you walk a minute out of it, it's grand. The hostel is close to the red light but it's also on one of the main shopping streets in Amsterdam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

we stayed in a hostel when we where there! didnt get private room! there was 2 guys nd 2 girls nd our group (myself, the OH, my mate nd his OH) and a few others in there sharing with us (didnt know them), was grand tbh, we where so drunk coming back didnt bother us! had a safe in the lobby for all the valuables n that

its actually quite safe! gotta be wide of pick pockets though! the red light district is full of undercover police they dont take any crap!! any trouble or harassment of the girls nd its over as quick as it starts!! seen it first hand with a load of english lads!!

I'll definitely be looking into it so! Ideally I want something really central.

• Advertisement

gregers85 wrote: »
    its actually quite safe! gotta be wide of pick pockets though! the red light district is full of undercover police they dont take any crap!! any trouble or harassment of the girls nd its over as quick as it starts!! seen it first hand with a load of english lads!!

I think the ladies of the red light district are safe from me :p

haha just ment the police are on the ball haha :pac:

There is a blue light section, never know that might float your boat :P.

they dont use their hands to knock on the window :P

What is the Blue light section? !

• Advertisement

Well if you see a bluelight it means shemales.

Well if you see a bluelight it means shemales.
    they dont use their hands to knock on the window :P

My comment make sense now?? lol :P

Oh lovely haha! Isn't there a sex museum too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

A friend of mine and her boyfriend went to Amsterdam a few years back. She's bi so her boyfriend paid for both of them to get a girl each. Whatever floats your boat, I don't judge but the funny thing is she used that story to come out to a load of people.

Oh lovely haha! Isn't there a sex museum too?

sure is!! taught me everything i know :cool: lol

there's a tattoo museum too

I never made it to the cultural side of it :pac:.

There is a weed college which I did make it to, taken on a tour down to basement were these two suppossed professors explain each plant in detail and how there crossbreeding to make the perfect plant :pac: while your standing there surronded by these huge weed plants.

there's a tattoo museum too

We shall be going to both of those!

I never made it to the cultural side of it :pac:.

There is a weed college which I did make it to, taken on a tour down to basement were these two suppossed professors explain each plant in detail and how there crossbreeding to make the perfect plant :pac:.

haha i gotta a bit of cuture in! have the OH to thank for that :rolleyes: haha
    Went to Anne Franks house and went on a boat tour of the city! went to the heineken brewery and it all becoes a blur from there haha

A friend of mine and her boyfriend went to Amsterdam a few years back. She's bi so her boyfriend paid for both of them to get a girl each. Whatever floats your boat, I don't judge but the funny thing is she used that story to come out to a load of people.

Ha sure is a strange way to come out, but they really do cater to all tastes, theres windows with two women for threesomes, day time old women, women with hairy armpits etc. But something to think about and certainly make anyone think twice is they reckon each woman gets through on average 10 to 20 men a shift at night.

But something to think about and certainly make anyone think twice is they reckon each woman gets through on average 10 to 20 men a shift at night.

Sure so do some of the yokes in coppers :p

• Advertisement

Sure so do some of the yokes in coppers :p

Haha definitely. Haven't been there in years but from what I heard how my mates got on last night it certainly lived up to it's reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Ha sure is a strange way to come out, but they really do cater to all tastes, theres windows with two women for threesomes, day time old women, women with hairy armpits etc. But something to think about and certainly make anyone think twice is they reckon each woman gets through on average 10 to 20 men a shift at night.

Hahaha I know. Yeah an example I heard once of how specific you can get was a obese Nicaraguan. :P Yeah I get the attraction but I doubt the risks are worth it myself.

So we're on our last day and my mate wants to bring one of the lads home a pipe, he'd heard about these ones that essentially are the size and shape and to the untrained eye look like a bank card! so u pop it in your wallet when your done and no ones the wiser!! tried a couple of the shops over - no one knew what we where talking about, we spotted this one shop down like an alley way, so in we go.
    we explain to the lad there what we're after and his attitude changes from all happy how can i help you nd bang! he gets serious, all shifty and secretive and starts saying I can get for you but not easy and may have to go to dodgey spot in town, really dodgey! he put the fear of god into us!! haha, so we wer kinda hesitant and asked how bad like.... he was sayin we'd have to buy from some proper gangsters and what not, so we decided against it and he left us feeling quite uneasy and kind of not knowing where to take the conversation next or how to back out of it!! next thing your man turns back into his happy-go-lucky self slaps his hands together loudly and says with a big smile on his face "can i interest u guys in some mushrooms!!!!!!" we couldn help it we exploding laughing! it was such a change in demeanor!!! never laughed so much and the poor lad standing there not knowing what the 2 paddys are skitting over haha

Hahaha I know. Yeah an example I heard once of how specific you can get was a obese Nicaraguan. :P Yeah I get the attraction but I doubt the risks are worth it myself.

Haha yeh daytime does be mad funny, there's an area know as the bargain basement aswell probably were the obese Nicaraguan was. One the funniest things I seen was strolling along during the day when one the lads is in tears laughing points up there is someone in a black bikini black wig hairy legs and hairy chest it was a bloke in the window in the worst drag I have ever seen. They have peep shows aswell which are mad. The place is a proper culture shock so far removed from Ireland.

Id love to see some of the seedier stuff, but no way would I particpate in it. I just wanna get drunk and high and laugh at willies in the sex museum

Id love to see some of the seedier stuff, but no way would I particpate in it. I just wanna get drunk and high and laugh at willies in the sex museum

I'd be the same, but some the seedier stuff does be funny aswell. On thing I found freaky over there at first was the urinals on the street out in the open.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Beware the places that offer free breakfasts though :P

P_1 wrote: »
    Beware the places that offer free breakfasts though :P

Hmm why? Even im lost on this one :o.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Hmm why? Even im lost on this one :o.

Ah there's cafes that give you some free coffee/toast etc once you buy enough 'herbs' from them. Not the most healthy breakfast if ye catch my drift ;)

• Advertisement

P_1 wrote: »
    Ah there's cafes that give you some free coffee/toast etc once you buy enough 'herbs' from them. Not the most healthy breakfast if ye catch my drift ;)

Ah right I was obviously never up that early enough to be given that offer :o.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement