Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Ah right I was obviously never up that early enough to be given that offer :o.

The stupid o'clock flight was the only reason I learned of said offer :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

i was dragged up to do an impromptu gig for my sister....

She loved it and everyone is still talking about it :):) :)tried some songs i never did before :)happy :)x

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yay i am smashed! I love you all!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Angron wrote: »
    Yay i am smashed! I love you all!
    Huh, don't remember this one :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Shame on you all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

All this talk of trips to Amsterdam is making me long to go away on holiday. I just clipped out a small article in the paper about La Ramblas in Barcelona tho- €150 a night and cheap flights included! I'd love to go back there for a week- see the Gaudi cathedral, eat some taps, drink from a 2 litre glass of San Migel again... good times! :D

In other news, I have a cold. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

Stuck on an island off the coast of cork for the day. No wifi! God bless my data connection :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Fook me hell & back was tough, if it could go wrong it went wrong today. Missed our wave so ran late, twisted my ankle got a bad stitch and lost my runner in the mud for about ten minutes still made it through and loved it, shattered now and feelinga bit stiff but shower and off to the pub for pints and grub should sort me out till tomorrow at least.

Fair play to you marty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Well done Marty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

jaysus fair play.i can't run up the stairs without getting out of breath

Well done Marty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Well done Marty. Pints and food will be well deserved after that!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

Dog just got sick on me in the car. I now face the long drive home stinking of puke. Just my luck :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

My grandmother just got admitted into hospital. She lost power in her hand and her knee gave out. :( Hope she's okay. I don't know what I'd do if she took a major turn for the worst. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

McChubbin wrote: »
    My grandmother just got admitted into hospital. She lost power in her hand and her knee gave out. :( Hope she's okay. I don't know what I'd do if she took a major turn for the worst. :(

I'm sorry to hear that. My own granny is in hospital at the moment. Similar sort of thing, she felt lightheaded and dizzy and her leg gave out beneath her. They think it was a mini stroke but the test results aren't back till Monday. That said I went to visit her and she's as cheery as ever. If it weren't for the fact she was in a hospital you wouldn't know she was sick. Might be the same for your gran, good as ever after a bit of a rest.

There must be something in the water, my poor old nan is in atm too. She's not well at all, and is absolutely miserable. Poor thing.

I'm waiting on my folks to leave so I can break into the captains. And take my pants off.

Hopefully all your gran's are ok!

My father in law is still stuck in hospital 9 months after his stroke :( poor man will never be the same again.

Off to Puddenhill in Ashbourne with the little one for her school trip in the morning. Please please don't let it rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Jeez god love the grannies!! Hope everyones sick/injured relative gets better soon.

Marty congrats in Hell & Back. Seen on facebook someone I kinda know came 29th which was pretty impressive. What was the hardest part of it you reckon? Am I right in assuming it's more of an obstacle/endurance type of race? Might give the next one a go when it comes up. 12k doesn't sound too bad.

Would love to see Amsterdam one day. This year think I'm gonna go to Munich and Prague. Have always wanted to see Neuschwanstein castle in the Bavarian Alps and Prague is only a short trip away. Went their for my school tour years ago and have always wanted to go back for a photography trip.

hope all your relatives are feeling better soon.

I saw Marty's time on the time list and while I'm not gonna say what time he did as that's for him to say, he DID make an absolutely huge time difference between last year and now. Proud of ya Marty :)

• Advertisement

Good lad marty! It really is a fantastic achievement!!

Who want's a drink? I have loads!

Poxy rain.

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Jeez god love the grannies!! Hope everyones sick/injured relative gets better soon.

Marty congrats in Hell & Back. Seen on facebook someone I kinda know came 29th which was pretty impressive. What was the hardest part of it you reckon? Am I right in assuming it's more of an obstacle/endurance type of race? Might give the next one a go when it comes up. 12k doesn't sound too bad.

Would love to see Amsterdam one day. This year think I'm gonna go to Munich and Prague. Have always wanted to see Neuschwanstein castle in the Bavarian Alps and Prague is only a short trip away. Went their for my school tour years ago and have always wanted to go back for a photography trip.

29th you say on which day? A mate of mine finished 29th on the Sunday. Umm hardest part I really can't pick trying to find my runner for ten minutes while waste deep in mud was pretty bad or going face first into the ground after getting an electric shock sucked ha all I could hear was a load of spectators going oooh as my face met the ground ha. Yeh it's 12k which has 21 obstacles in it along with the first 6 to 7 being uphill some parts being fairly steep basically go up one side the sugarloaf then come back down.

Cheers everyone :o.

Hope everyone's relative are ok :(.

And eh water need more water woke up parching three pints of water wil hopefully sort that :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

well done Marty, serious achievement bud!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Just got my exams results. Passed everything but honestly kind of disappointed. I worked harder than any other this year and it doesn't seem to have done me much good. I know it gets harder every year and all that but I expected with 4-7 hours of study per day coming up to the exams I would got at least a 70 in something.

Still no point in moping, next year is the one that counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Getting my new car this evening! Can't feckin wait to take it for a spin! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭ConFurioso

29th you say on which day? A mate of mine finished 29th on the Sunday. Umm hardest part I really can't pick trying to find my runner for ten minutes while waste deep in mud was pretty bad or going face first into the ground after getting an electric shock sucked ha all I could hear was a load of spectators going oooh as my face met the ground ha. Yeh it's 12k which has 21 obstacles in it along with the first 6 to 7 being uphill some parts being fairly steep basically go up one side the sugarloaf then come back down.

I just googled what you did and looked at the video.

:eek:

Amazing!

Think you'd do it again?

ConFurioso wrote: »
    I just googled what you did and looked at the video.

:eek:

Amazing!

Think you'd do it again?

Yeh hopefully I'll do it again, that was my second time doing it done it in January aswell, but this time they upped it a bit from 10k to 12k and changed parts of the coarse and added in lads with pellet guns to shoot everyone just incase you weren't hurting enough :pac:.

You make me want to not register to do it... .

Time to get my arse into gear to make sure I can do it in October. Going to chat with my trainers tonight about doing some PT with them, make up a plan to get me ready for it, and try increase my weights again (although I'm on higher weights than anyone in the group already :pac: ).

I feel sore even thinking about it. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭ConFurioso

Yeh hopefully I'll do it again, that was my second time doing it done it in January aswell, but this time they upped it a bit from 10k to 12k and changed parts of the coarse and added in lads with pellet guns to shoot everyone just incase you weren't hurting enough :pac:.

Can I register to be the person firing the paintballs? :pac:

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    You make me want to not register to do it... .

Time to get my arse into gear to make sure I can do it in October. Going to chat with my trainers tonight about doing some PT with them, make up a plan to get me ready for it, and try increase my weights again (although I'm on higher weights than anyone in the group already :pac: ).

I feel sore even thinking about it. :pac:

Who do you train with?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement