Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

ConFurioso wrote: »
    Can I register to be the person firing the paintballs? :pac:

:pac: In fairness that probably would be savage craic getting to spend hours shooting random people with pellets as they run for there lives screaming abuse at ya if ya have a bit of a sadistic side. If you find out how to register for it let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I've just realised I can technically call myself a final year student now. I won't be doing that though unless I want to give myself a flipping panic attack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Just found out my granny had a mini-stroke. She's alert and conscious at the moment so I say they got it in time but my heart's been in my throat all day and coupled with the overall level of frazzled nerves and stress I've been shouldering since last week, I ended up bursting into tears in my shrink's office when she told me she'd be leaving the clinic for the next 8 weeks to do a fellowship.
    At least my granny's okay though. Right now I just want to curl up into a cocoon of duvet and blankets and drown in a tub of ice cream. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Hope she makes a speedy recovery McChubbin!

Still waiting on news for my own granny. My other granny had a mini stoke combined with minor heart attack before McChubbin and she recovered easy enough so your granny should make it through. As Damo said, I hope it's a speedy one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Hope she's okay McChubbin :(

Everyones grannies are unwell! My own gran has been in hospital since before christmas with a plethora of things gone wrong. Most noticeably she lost her walk and might not walk again, she was diagnosed with MS.
    Thankfully she's been brighter recently and is being moved to a retirement home today only 500 yards from her house so my grandad will be able to walk down and visit her :)

Found my diary from when I was fifteen and sixteen. It started out so cheerful and lighthearted and then went downhill fairly rapidly...

Found my diary from when I was fifteen and sixteen. It started out so cheerful and lighthearted and then went downhill fairly rapidly...

Jesus I'd hate to see a diary from when I was 16 had I written one say I be cringing like mad reading it.

So tired today just woke up from about a two hour nap and im still wrecked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭TheBellJar

Jesus I've a fair few of those myself - cringeworthy reading is right! My (not so) finest moment was when my little cousin dug up a time capsule I'd buried in 2000 last year, and found a very expressive love letter I'd written to one of my many teenage crushes:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Mine is buried in my room somewhere. Not something I can deal with reading for another while. All I remember is that it's very dramatic haha xD

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Thank fook I never kept a diary. :pac: My blog entries from my late teens on a site I use (all private!) are fcuked up reading material, though. :pac:

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Thank fook I never kept a diary. :pac: My blog entries from my late teens on a site I use (all private!) are fcuked up reading material, though. :pac:

Yeah mine started out cringy and then slowly got more and more ****ed up. The last one is very very angry and dramatic. I actually felt sorry for past me...until she said 'music is my new religion.' >_< Losing faith in God or not a line like
    that is never acceptable.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I never bothered keeping a diary. Seemed a bit pointless I guess.

I tried and failed several times. The one I found was the only one I kept for any length of time and even then I have a huge gaps of time between entries. I mainly used to get down thoughts rather than record what happened.

Angron wrote: »
    I never bothered keeping a diary. Seemed a bit pointless I guess.

Yeh I think it's more of a female thing to be honest. I don't know any man or or even teenage boy who kept one or at least none that openly talk about it.

I don't want to read back thinking god I was a spa :pac:.

Apparently some places in Ireland are tarting to stock this :), I can have probably my favorite junk food and my go to hangover cure and it be doing me some good , can't wait to try it :).

2ba1e92d769aba23cf6d59ed822f98c3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I don't want to read back thinking god I was a spa :pac:.
    [/IMG]

Sure you should feel like that any time you read back over the drunk texts you do send me. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I've got diaries from 5 years ago in a chest under my bed. Part of me wants to burn them because they remind me of sad times, bad relationships and the fact that even in my early 20s I still acted like an Emo kid. On the other hand, I find the diary writing to be quite comforting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I had a livejournal... I posted in it often... gawd... some of the stuff is depressing, but some of it reminds me of the good times too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I would like to put it out there that nobody should get inked in dark raptor....I know for the last few years I have been saying how good Robert is and is criminally under rated....but I was wrong. This change of heart has nothing to do with me having to wait over 3 months for his next free slot.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

29th you say on which day? A mate of mine finished 29th on the Sunday. Umm hardest part I really can't pick trying to find my runner for ten minutes while waste deep in mud was pretty bad or going face first into the ground after getting an electric shock sucked ha all I could hear was a load of spectators going oooh as my face met the ground ha.

Interesting! I'm leveling up on my stalking :p

Ah no, in seriousness no clue what day was mentioned, can't remember but will check tomorrow for the craic. Haven't chatted him in years mind you and forgotten we were FB friends. If you're thinking of a male with first and second names with one syllable, we may know the same person :eek:

Not confusing or mysterious at all :pac:

What gave you an electric shock in the race?

• Advertisement

This is just fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Did any of you ever look at someone in your job and think
    why the fook are you here. You do fcuk all and I could do ur work and take your wages

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

How on earth did someone think it would be a good idea to spam an Irish tattoo forum with an ad for dodgy mobile phones :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Did any of you ever look at someone in your job and think
    why the fook are you here. You do fcuk all and I could do ur work and take your wages

Not just my job....other jobs too...I know a banker who thinks cancer is contagious...people like that shouldn't be allowed near other peoples money

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Interesting! I'm leveling up on my stalking :p

Ah no, in seriousness no clue what day was mentioned, can't remember but will check tomorrow for the craic. Haven't chatted him in years mind you and forgotten we were FB friends. If you're thinking of a male with first and second names with one syllable, we may know the same person :eek:

Not confusing or mysterious at all :pac:

What gave you an electric shock in the race?

:pac::pac: yes you are getting very skilled on the stalking front .

Yeh certainly have a look, im not sure maybe my friend tagged one or two people in his post so maybe you know one of them. Could be just a freaky conicidence but 29th is a very specific number and my friend did post it on facebook aswell :).

Ha no not at all :pac:.

Ah there's a small section were you had to climb over a plank of wood crawl under another and then get over a bale of hay were there are all strings of electric fencing hanging down and unavoidable, and when hit with it, it was strong enough to cause a muscle spasm, and just my luck one the time I got hit was in the middle of jumping over the bale of hay when boom muscle spasm mid jump making me land face first into the mud, a bit sore and left me with a face covered in mud and a cut on my lip.

In fairness for any of the spectators watching I'd say it was gas.

Indeed, 29 is very specific! We are destined to bump into each other on FB Marty :pac:

There were three people in the photo alright with the guy I know in the middle, think he had a black top on. Nearly sure it was himself who posted it, there was two names tagged though I couldn't remember who or if it was himself tagged in it.

Like I said, both his names only have one syllable?

Jeez that was something I'd have never thought would be in the race :eek: Electric fences are so not fun. Worked on a large farm years ago and there used to be a tape fence across certain paths. You'd grab with one hand and drive the quad under. This one wasn't mind you :(. Threw my heart out of rhythm. Was stuck there for about 40mins trying to bring it back in. Scared the **** out of me!!

Indeed, 29 is very specific! We are destined to bump into each other on FB Marty :pac:

There were three people in the photo alright with the guy I know in the middle, think he had a black top on. Nearly sure it was himself who posted it, there was two names tagged though I couldn't remember who or if it was himself tagged in it.

Like I said, both his names only have one syllable?

Jeez that was something I'd have never thought would be in the race :eek: Electric fences are so not fun. Worked on a large farm years ago and there used to be a tape fence across certain paths. You'd grab with one hand and drive the quad under. This one wasn't mind you :(. Threw my heart out of rhythm. Was stuck there for about 40mins trying to bring it back in. Scared the **** out of me!!

Yeh one these days I'll rumble your anonymity :pac:.

Ah your in the clear there was no photo, wasn't the same person just a freaky coincidence.

Yeh they had it in the last one but you barely felt it, was much stronger this time. Yeh I'd imagine if you werent expecting it, it would be some shock to the system.

Just checked FB for the craic, think we do know the same person ;) No photo under the 29th comment but he was tagged in a picture previous to it which had me confused.

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN!!!!!!

What else did they have in the race so if they were using shocks? Sounds a bit intense!!

Just checked FB for the craic, think we do know the same person ;) No photo under the 29th comment but he was tagged in a picture previous to it which had me confused.

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN!!!!!!

What else did they have in the race so if they were using shocks? Sounds a bit intense!!

Hmm still not sure :pac:, there have been no photos uploaded or anything from any of us who done it ha, pm me the name of the person we get the bottom of this ha.

Hmm what else eh carrying sandbags up and down a hill , carrying a cinder block up and down a hill, caryying a log for a bit, lots and lots of water such as skips full of water, going in an out of a river three times, plenty of going up and down fairly vertical drops using ropes, clibing over ten foot walls, rolling under plenty of obstacles, going up the mountain and back down, there's the bog which your basically wait deep in liquified mud which take some effort to pull your way through, running up essentially half half pipe far enough to grab a rope and pull our way to the top, being shot with pellet guns, climbing down pipes into mud and lots of there climbing and other things and it's 12k so pretty much use every muscle. Good craic though.

Here a little snippet of the snipers shooting everyone, hurt when ya got hit.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=585707028136076&set=vb.249588625081253&type=3&theater

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭ConFurioso

McChubbin wrote: »
    I've got diaries from 5 years ago in a chest under my bed. Part of me wants to burn them because they remind me of sad times, bad relationships and the fact that even in my early 20s I still acted like an Emo kid. On the other hand, I find the diary writing to be quite comforting.

Me too. I write in my diary sporadically, and have done so since I was about 17. (I'm 28 now). I've read over them a couple if times, and while the early ones are cringe worthy (why does she not like meeeeee????), I found the later ones to be quietly reflective. After college, when I 100% became atheist, I could see the pholosophical struggles I was having in coming to terms with the decision.

Now....saying that, I could look back on these in 5 years time and just shake my head in disgust. :p

I will say this though, I think diary writing is a skill, like anything else. Practice and critical review will help you get batter at it. If that's what you want! I know people who just throw down everything they can because it's a great release, and is very calming. If it works for you, do it.

Also, I would try to never regret the things I wrote as a younger me. Yes, they may be cringey, and I may occasionally wish someone would have pinched me back then, but it's made me who I am now!

tl;dr: diaries ftw. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement