Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Love it
    http://youtu.be/t0B6FPcxiPo
    Pantera with a ukulele

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭ConFurioso

Youtube comment:

Dimebob Squarebag :pac:

Would love me that Ukulele.....

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

FCUK woke up this morning at 8:05 thinking shiit im over an hour late for work run around like a lunatic make it to work for 8:30 walk in and realise im not due in today :o, I'm not due back in till tomorrow night, god damn it idiot :pac:.

Now what to do with my day :).

I rode the bike in to work this morning, great morning for it!!!

I can't say I've ever done that Marty, but I've come close! Woke up, done the whole panicking because I'm late thing, got dressed, then realised I wasn't in, and got back into bed feeling super happy! :D
    (^ On a cold day, a day like today is too nice to do that for long!)

• Advertisement

I rode the bike in to work this morning, great morning for it!!!

I can't say I've ever done that Marty, but I've come close! Woke up, done the whole panicking because I'm late thing, got dressed, then realised I wasn't in, and got back into bed feeling super happy! :D
    (^ On a cold day, a day like today is too nice to do that for long!)

How you finding the bike? I've been half contemplating the last week or so to keep my car and sort myself on a bike for my adrenaline needs, half being the main word don't know if I trust myself on a bike.

Ha yeh it's a first for me aswell, played it cool in work strolled thinking oh ****, told the lads just into check the roster I was in the area anyway and strolled back out :pac:, no way I was letting on never live it down. Yeh might try an hour nap go feck all sleep last night, then be active and do something.

How you finding the bike? I've been half contemplating the last week or so to keep my car and sort myself on a bike for my adrenaline needs, half being the main word don't know if I trust myself on a bike.

Ha yeh it's a first for me aswell, played it cool in work strolled thinking oh ****, told the lads just into check the roster I was in the area anyway and strolled back out :pac:, no way I was letting on never live it down. Yeh might try an hour nap go feck all sleep last night, then be active and do something.

Love it, first time riding in to work on it, so went early to avoid the traffic, so it was a really nice ride in, barely any traffic! :) I'm not much of a speed fan, so I went for a cruiser instead of a street bike, and it's just a really nice way to travel!

Good thinking on your feet there, I'd have probably gone in and sat down before twigging it! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

It'll take me a while to get used to the new car, the brakes are way more sensitive than my last car! It's so pretty though :3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Ankhyu wrote: »
    It'll take me a while to get used to the new car, the brakes are way more sensitive than my last car! It's so pretty though :3
    Well Wear with the new car!! :D

I really need a new car :( hopefully by end of yr i will have enough to invest :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

The sun is baaaaaaaack!! Get tge maxi skirts out!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I'd love to get a motorbike, but I've never been on one before :o Mid-life crisis vehicle methinks!

jenizzle wrote: »
    Mid-life crisis vehicle methinks!

:(

Thanks Jen :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

jenizzle wrote: »
    I'd love to get a motorbike, but I've never been on one before :o Mid-life crisis vehicle methinks!

Me too i have always loved them!! good memories of being on back of my uncles one as a young whipper-snapper! Good mate of mine had a bad accident on one though in our first yr of college! scared the be-jaysus outta me so il be stayin with 4 wheeler's for the foreseeable future!! ;) its still a dream though have to say!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

:(

Thanks Jen :(

Hahahah, sorry Damo! You know I've already done the 2-seater sports car thing, so the only logical progression when I hit that time in my life is a bike!

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

myself and the missus are thinkin of gettin motorbikes too.all our biker friends keep trying to get us out

Watchin gangs of New York
    Forgot how great this film was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭TheBellJar

Tried to call my sister from the work phone and he didnt answer so I went to call from my mobile and realised I had a missed call; called the number back wondering who it was and got my work voicemail.... So whilst I was giving out about my sister not answering I was actually ringing MYSELF. Oh dear ... :p

Oh dear...

Didn't realize who ya were till your pic the other day! :D Thought you'd just disappeared off Boards! :)

Feeling a bit adventurous today food wise so went and got myself some crocodile steaks to cook up for dinner :).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Just don't tell me it tastes like chicken. I'm sick of people saying stuff tastes like chicken :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Angron wrote: »
    Just don't tell me it tastes like chicken. I'm sick of people saying stuff tastes like chicken :P

I've always wondered about that, everything unusual tastes like chicken...ostrich, kangaroo, human flesh (I don't know anyone who's eaten it but I've heard cannibalistic tribes have apparently said that). Surely everything can't taste like chicken?!

HahaI know reading up on it, a lot of it is saying tastes like chicken with the texture of fish but can be tough like pork :pac: just sounds weird. It certainly looks like fish.

Really low in fat ad high in protein so certainly good for me.

I wanted ostrich or kangaroo but they had none.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I've always wondered about that, everything unusual tastes like chicken...ostrich, kangaroo, human flesh (I don't know anyone who's eaten it but I've heard cannibalistic tribes have apparently said that). Surely everything can't taste like chicken?!

Human flesh is supposed to be similar to pork. Don't ask how I know ;)

Anyone that told you kangaroo tastes like chicken is a moron. Kangaroo is more of a cross between mutton and beef.

People saying stuff tastes like chicken jsut comes from people having terrible palettes.

Chicken is overrated IMO
    I know of a butcher in terenure that sells exotic meat I must go drop in one day
    The nicest meat I've had is venison and pigeon
    Pigeon is great and full of protein
    I brought some when I was campin and my mates hadn't tasted it before
    They now call pigeon "flying steaks"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Never had the meat, but I hate the pigeon as a bird.

there was an internal vacancy for a position in another department where i work and i was the only one who applied and they still made me do an interview for it

I know of a butcher in terenure that sells exotic meat I must go drop in one day

That's were I got the crocodile today ;).

i've had horse meat before (not a scandal hit burger but proper horsemeat) and i thought it was tasty

That's were I got the crocodile today ;).

How much for how much?

• Advertisement

Never had the meat, but I hate the pigeon as a bird.

When people think of a pigeon they think of them junkie pigeons in town with red eyes and look out of it

Proper wood pigeon is a lot nicer looking and tastes great

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement