Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

January wrote: »
    the only thing I have a problem with is using my mirrors... it just feels unnatural to me...

Congrats on getting back on the road! You'll get used to the mirrors though, it all becomes second nature after a little while so that you don't need to think about it, you just do it.
    The mirrors are vital to ensuring that:
    A) You don't wipe a cyclist/another car/a biker out of it when moving in your lane/changing lanes/overtaking etc...
    B) ensuring that you're aware of other drivers doing stupid stuff that can put you in danger!

Had a guy run into me at traffic lights just over a month ago, and only for the fact that I was stopped at the traffic lights, and saw him coming up too fast behind me in the rear view mirror, I was able to brace myself for it, so didn't get hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Congrats on getting back on the road! You'll get used to the mirrors though, it all becomes second nature after a little while so that you don't need to think about it, you just do it.
    The mirrors are vital to ensuring that:
    A) You don't wipe a cyclist/another car/a biker out of it when moving in your lane/changing lanes/overtaking etc...
    B) ensuring that you're aware of other drivers doing stupid stuff that can put you in danger!

Had a guy run into me at traffic lights just over a month ago, and only for the fact that I was stopped at the traffic lights, and saw him coming up too fast behind me in the rear view mirror, I was able to brace myself for it, so didn't get hurt.

Thanks, thankfully it was quiet out today when I drove over to Finglas, no bikes or anything on the road... did have one asshole use a roundabout incorrectly though but was prepared for that because I knew he was in wrong lane coming onto roundabout anyway.

The taxi driver was trying to overtake me and came in too early and clipped me when I was first learning and I just couldn't get over it, glad I did though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Mirrors are a bit of a touchy point for me at the moment, failed another go at the driving test during the week mainly for using them too much if that's possible

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

182736_533787259995911_1450944335_n.jpg

My scarification design is finally polished off and ready! I’ll be getting this design cut into my chest on Tuesday, around my left nipple. Wish me luck! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Would love to get a scarification piece but I think I'm too much of a chicken to go through with it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I just discovered Beth Hart. What a voice! My god.....

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

Crap, my friend who was supposed to be photographing my scarification can't make it. Now I need to find a new one. Grrr :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Crap, my friend who was supposed to be photographing my scarification can't make it. Now I need to find a new one. Grrr :O

What kind of photos are you looking for?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Urgh, work up planning to go for a cycle, and have been monumentally sick instead. :mad:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Eep! Had proper discussions about starting some tattoos over the next few weeks. I are excited! I'm gonna get soooo many skulls :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Ah Jesus, hope you feel better soon, Denny. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, seems like it's just gonna be a day of flat 7up instead :pac:

Have a slight dilemma. I have 2 tickets for the Amlin final on Friday, my mate who was going to head to it with me has a GAA match that has been rescheduled on him meaning that he can't go to it anymore. Do I do the unethical thing and flog the ticket for profit or do I try pass it on to another deserving soul?

How much are the tickets?

P_1 wrote: »
    Have a slight dilemma. I have 2 tickets for the Amlin final on Friday, my mate who was going to head to it with me has a GAA match that has been rescheduled on him meaning that he can't go to it anymore. Do I do the unethical thing and flog the ticket for profit or do I try pass it on to another deserving soul?

I have a set of tickets myself.

Tbh, while I'd love to sell it for profit, I'd have a look at the Leinster rugby forum. There are so many fans dying to get tickets, and so many touts charging disgusting prices for tickets to the Amlin (up to six hundred euro!).

If I were to sell it, I'd only sell it at face value tbh. I don't think it's fair to profit from a genuine, real fan.

Angron wrote: »
    How much are the tickets?

30 odd euro IIRC, but they're selling for up to six hundred at the moment.

P_1, do you have tickets for the Heineken final? There are people trying to get rid of those and get Amlin tickets on the leinster site. You could always swap? That's if you have any interest in a match we're not playing in, though. :pac:

600? Holy jaysus that's some mark up! Nah I was in too much of a drunken haze in London last year when they went on sale to pick one up. Think I bought the Amlin tickets once Racing got their lad sent off back in January.

Bloody GAA

600 is nuts. While I'd love to go myself, it's not really feasible for me. I've never actually gone to a proper rugby match, despite living just down the road from Connacht's home pitch last year :pac:

600? Holy jaysus that's some mark up! Nah I was in too much of a drunken haze in London last year when they went on sale to pick one up. Think I bought the Amlin tickets once Racing got their lad sent off back in January.

Bloody GAA

Yeah, the mark up is huge. So many people didn't even think about the Amlin, so got Heino tickets instead.

But yeah, while I'd find the temptation to profit on it great, I'd personally sell it at face value to a real fan.

@Denny, you wouldn't have seen a 'proper' rugby match at a Connacht grounds anyway! :p

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    @Denny, you wouldn't have seen a 'proper' rugby match at a Connacht grounds anyway! :p
    :pac:

They've gotten better the last few years :P

• Advertisement

Angron wrote: »
    :pac:

They've gotten better the last few years :P

Yeah, they're almost at Academy standards! Great for a proper team. :rolleyes: :pac:

Connacht matches have gotten better lately. I'll see what the story is with my mates match and then decide I guess

Hey, I could possibly have gone to see them play Leinster :P Still, they are the worst of the four provinces from what I've seen.

Connacht matches have gotten better lately. I'll see what the story is with my mates match and then decide I guess

I know they have, I'm just taking the píss. :)

Hmm. If you decide to sell for profit, fair enough, but maybe don't go too far above double the face value? It'd still be affordable for fans, but would make you profit too?

I know they have, I'm just taking the píss. :)

Hmm. If you decide to sell for profit, fair enough, but maybe don't go too far above double the face value? It'd still be affordable for fans, but would make you profit too?

Ah I bought it for 25, more than likely I'll sell it for 25 too

Ah I bought it for 25, more than likely I'll sell it for 25 too

It'll get you a few drinks at the match. :p

It'll get you a few drinks at the match. :p

Its the RDS, cans in a bag has been the way to go for some time now :P

Its the RDS, cans in a bag has been the way to go for some time now :P