Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Pigeon is good although I found it a strange aftertaste that I wasn't a fan of.

Had a zebra burger and it was phenomenal. Hard to describe but well worth a try if you can. Boar is also great. It's like a naturally spicy pork.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

How much for how much?

Eh one of them was 10.37 for 260g and the other over 13 euro over 300g.

Ill be going back though love trying new foods.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Sound il head down during the week when I won't have to share it with anyone ha

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

Orim wrote: »
    Pigeon is good although I found it a strange aftertaste that I wasn't a fan of.

Had a zebra burger and it was phenomenal. Hard to describe but well worth a try if you can. Boar is also great. It's like a naturally spicy pork.

boar is quite nice.i was at some kind of medievel feast in prague and they had boar and all sorts in a pile on the table.god knows what else i had

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Borboletinha

I never post here but I'm tattooed and love reading what you guys write. About the diaries, it reminded me of a crush I had on my ballet teacher when I was 16 (I'm female and 27 now, married with a daughter) anyway, it was just a platonic crush but I wrote it all on my diary and my mom found it, read it and went crazy thinking I was a Lesbian!! That was the end of my ballet classes... Never again wrote anything on a diary...

On another note, yeah boar is pretty tasty but venison is the best! And I find that rabbit does taste like chicken. Fancier chicken though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭TheBellJar

Oh dear...

Didn't realize who ya were till your pic the other day! :D Thought you'd just disappeared off Boards! :)
    I had...

But hey, if Arnie could do it...

arnie.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

I never post here but I'm tattooed and love reading what you guys write. About the diaries, it reminded me of a crush I had on my ballet teacher when I was 16 (I'm female and 27 now, married with a daughter) anyway, it was just a platonic crush but I wrote it all on my diary and my mom found it, read it and went crazy thinking I was a Lesbian!! That was the end of my ballet classes... Never again wrote anything on a diary...

On another note, yeah boar is pretty tasty but venison is the best! And I find that rabbit does taste like chicken. Fancier chicken though.

Welcome!

Oh god I'd be mortified if my mam read my diary. I've considered destroying it a few times but I'm awfully sentimental and like to hoard, so... it hasn't happened yet :p

I eat rabbit about twice a week and find it has no resemblance to chicken at all
    The meat is tougher and more gameier
    Welcome t t&p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I've had venison, pigeon, rabbit and pheasant... I wasn't gone on rabbit but I loved the pigeon!

I got that ice cream from Lidl today, yummers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Welcome!

Oh god I'd be mortified if my mam read my diary. I've considered destroying it a few times but I'm awfully sentimental and like to hoard, so... it hasn't happened yet :p

Having re-read my diary I can't believe I just left it in a press in my room. Things would go so badly if one of my parents had read it. I do sort of feel writing in it again sporadically...if for no other reason than it's a very nice notebook and there are loads of pages left.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I was never keen on rabbit, ever since I was 3 and opened the freezer to see a whole skinned rabbit staring at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

I've had octopus before. Tasty. Lol. Love goose though, that stuff is epic :D

Is calamari weird? I've had clamari a good bit since it was served in the canteen in Lanzarote. Can't think of what it tastes like except calamari. It's nice enough. Nothing special.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Is calamari weird? I've had clamari a good bit since it was served in the canteen in Lanzarote. Can't think of what it tastes like except calamari. It's nice enough. Nothing special.

calamari is squid!! so unusual enough haha had it a few yrs ago too in malta, wasnt bad!!

I like Rabbit! get one of those shake and bake bags and roast in the oven with a nice seasoning! cant beat it!! most unusual meat ive eaten is alligator :o couldn tell yu what it tasted like because the spicy cajuny sauce stuff on it burned the mouth off me lol :rolleyes:

Spent the evening washing my pups! was not an easy task!! big bitey wriggly buggers!

Off to see Man of Steel now!! think ive earned it lol :D:D

Just finished the crocodile seasoned it with salt and pepper and fried 2 minutes on each side, quite chewy but not to chewy, it was nice but also a bit bland most of the flavour came form the pepper. Would eat it again though.
    gregers85 wrote: »

Spent the evening washing my pups! was not an easy task!! big bitey wriggly buggers!

Off to see Man of Steel now!! think ive earned it lol :D:D

How old are the big bitey wriggly buggers now?

Jealous I've been hearing good things about Man of Steel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Only home from a 7k run, my big sister rings me telling me she wants me to go for a walk with her. Oh god, I'm going to die.

Just tried drawing for the first time in years...I forgot how hard noses are. Also I picked a reference picture with loads of shadows so she looks like she had a black eyes and hair neck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Im gonna need a holiday from trying to book my holiday at this stage. I miss the days when you were just told you were going away and plopped on a plane. Stress! Think I've managed a fairly good deal though!

Strangest thing I've eaten was a thing called 'balut'
    It's a boiled egg with the duck foetus still inside. Supposed to be an afrodishiac( can't spell that) but just made me puke
    Same day I eat a full Philippine cobra to myself
    Was nice but too small and bony. Should've got a big 20 foot python
    Would've done the job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

It's a boiled egg with the duck foetus still inside. Supposed to be an afrodishiac( can't spell that) but just made me puke
    Would've done the job

/vomit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Snake... I've never had snake meat. Mad...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Im gonna need a holiday from trying to book my holiday at this stage. I miss the days when you were just told you were going away and plopped on a plane. Stress! Think I've managed a fairly good deal though!

Only time I really organised a holiday myself was heading to London, and that was sheerly because of a stubborn refusal to miss a Cannibal Corpse concert :pac:

Fcuk yeah. Ended up with my sister wanting to go for a run rather than a walk, so today I ran 10 and a half km and walked 3k, that's without walking 2k to and 2k back from work. Fcuk yeah, happy with myself now. :):)

Also, weirdest meat I've eaten would be kangaroo, crocodile, pigeon and bison. Bison and kangaroo were lovely, found the crocodile really tough (probably just over-cooked it tbh) and the idea of the pigeon freaked me out so much that I couldn't bring myself to like it. :pac:

Good. Pigeons are jerks.

Angron wrote: »
    Good. Pigeons are jerks.

Rats with wings.

Would've done the job

I'm guessing once boiled the foetus is dead but is it alive (or as a live as a foetus can be) when it's cooked?

I'm guessing once boiled the foetus is dead but is it alive (or as a live as a foetus can be) when it's cooked?

Well it didn't quack at me when I bit it's arse off so i reckon it was dead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

How old are the big bitey wriggly buggers now?

Jealous I've been hearing good things about Man of Steel.

there 12 weeks now! have 3 of them re-homed and 3 still eating me out of house and home haha

Man of Steel is good! a bit long winded but not at all a let down!!

Well it didn't quack at me when I bit it's arse off so i reckon it was dead :)

I meant when they put it in the pot. Like how lobster are alive when they start cooking them but dead when they're done.

• Advertisement

gregers85 wrote: »
    there 12 weeks now! have 3 of them re-homed and 3 still eating me out of house and home haha

Man of Steel is good! a bit long winded but not at all a let down!!

Ah it was always going to be a bit long winded Christopher Nolan had a huge hand in it, it's a re-telling of the Superman story another Batman Returns of sorts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement