Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Ah it was always going to be a bit long winded Christopher Nolan had a huge hand in it, it's a re-telling of the Superman story another Batman Returns of sorts.

oh ya you can tell he had a huge input into it! even the score is so Nolan!! very like inception!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Angron wrote: »
    Only time I really organised a holiday myself was heading to London, and that was sheerly because of a stubborn refusal to miss a Cannibal Corpse concert :pac:

I seriously think that once this holiday is over and done with I'll be leaving it to others to book and I'll just show up. That said, we found our hotel, are booking it on Thursday and if i was any more excited i'd probably crap my pants!

As you can guess....I haven't had a holiday in a while...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I seriously think that once this holiday is over and done with I'll be leaving it to others to book and I'll just show up. That said, we found our hotel, are booking it on Thursday and if i was any more excited i'd probably crap my pants!

Amsterdam is it? Organising a holiday is a right pain and the more people the more stressful it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Can I hide in your suitcase please and thank you? :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Damn it to hell, I've got Tubthumping stuck in my head and I don't know why.

I get knocked, down but I get up again
    You're never gonna keep me down

Over and over, this'll drive me nuts all evening.

• Advertisement

Amsterdam is it? Organising a holiday is a right pain and the more people the more stressful it is.

We abandoned Amsterdam cos the third person couldn't get the time off work, so myself and Atavan are booking a week in Tenerife lazing on the beach and getting pissed!
    Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Can I hide in your suitcase please and thank you? :)

I'm not bringing a suitcase! Restricting myself to a carry on, cos im to cheap to pay €70 to take my own belongings on holiday. I'll just buy stuff when we get there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

We abandoned Amsterdam cos the third person couldn't get the time off work, so myself and Atavan are booking a week in Tenerife lazing on the beach and getting pissed!

I'm not bringing a suitcase! Restricting myself to a carry on, cos im to cheap to pay €70 to take my own belongings on holiday. I'll just buy stuff when we get there

Yesss............ Stuff ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I meant when they put it in the pot. Like how lobster are alive when they start cooking them but dead when they're done.

The chick is still inside the egg and they just put it in boiling pot and that's it

Yesss............ Stuff ;)

..............wha???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

..............wha???

He's implying that there will be lots of drugs taken.

God I'd love some right now. Actually I'd probably settle for a smoke of any sort.

• Advertisement

Orim wrote: »

God I'd love some right now. Actually I'd probably settle for a smoke of any sort.

I was never into rugs, i dabbled, but would never seek out/buy drugs for myself. Just not my thing. I like being in possession of all my faculties.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I was never into rugs, i dabbled, but would never seek out/buy drugs for myself. Just not my thing. I like being in possession of all my faculties.

Really? Have to say I'm big fan of the persians now myself.

No drugs unless the good captain is involved?

Been to Tenerife twice good spot, many a good memory was had :). there is definitely plenty of stuff floating around that place.

At one stage there was a picture of me behind one the bars hand signed by myself I'd say it's well gone by now but I know over a year after we left it was still there someone I know saw it.

I don't wanna go to work! Haven't slept at all, so I've been throwing coffee down my neck since 6am and it's not working, I'm so sleepy. Work is going to be hell. :(

Been to Tenerife twice good spot, many a good memory was had :). there is definitely plenty of stuff floating around that place.

At one stage there was a picture of me behind one the bars hand signed by myself I'd say it's well gone by now but I know over a year after we left it was still there someone I know saw it.

I've actually been to Tenerife twice myself! loved it there! Playa de las Américas was the place to be!! Im not into the ol drugaí but if you where plenty of african lads about, no bothers offerin it on the street :P

"Hey Del-Boy" sorry Im Irish "Hey Paddy, Conas atá tú??" haha funny stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    I don't wanna go to work! Haven't slept at all, so I've been throwing coffee down my neck since 6am and it's not working, I'm so sleepy. Work is going to be hell. :(

I didn't sleep last night either, my youngest is teething so I was treated to a movie marathon of Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs, Despicable Me and Hotel Transylvania before she finally went back to sleep at around 6am... I crawled into my bed at 6.15 only to be woken my my other two kids at 6.30!

Nice timing girlo's!

Soooo tired but the other one is bright eyed and bushy tailed now so no sleep for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

gregers85 wrote: »
    there 12 weeks now! have 3 of them re-homed and 3 still eating me out of house and home haha

Man of Steel is good! a bit long winded but not at all a let down!!

Can I've one?? :p

Did you go to Showtime? I've never seen a cinema so busy in all my life! That €5 deal must be working!

I've actually been to Tenerife twice myself! loved it there! Playa de las Américas was the place to be!! Im not into the ol drugaí but if you where plenty of african lads about, no bothers offerin it on the street :P

"Hey Del-Boy" sorry Im Irish "Hey Paddy, Conas atá tú??" haha funny stuff

That's where we're heading hopefully. I was looking at the ho and it turns out it's a half hour outside the night life =\

That's where we're heading hopefully. I was looking at the ho and it turns out it's a half hour outside the night life =\

Change hotel, there's plenty of hotel's over there that are cheap enough. If I can think of the name of the one I stayed in last time I'll tell ya. I know it was dirt cheap.

Yeh Playa de Las Americas is the place to be alright, just avoid Linekers Bar like the plague its like a big homing beacon for English lager louts, a lot of the English avoid it themselves.

Oh and the go karting track over there is savage the best I've ever been on, only problem is they let you on it pissed (my own fault really) we went one morning at 9a.m being up all night I wrecked my back going into a hair pin thinking I was Schumacher breaking late into a hairpin to overtake a friend ended up buried in a tyre wall, was only after we stopped was like eh ouch ha.

Jesus January, you have it worse than me, I just have to work and go to bootcamp!

I had the weirdest man come in just now, asking do I want to watch him cut his toenails. eh, what???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Toenails, e-cigs, it's all the same really.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

Orim wrote: »

Drugs are bad m'kay?? :pac:

Smoke??? Bet ya wish I was there right now ;) :P

In las Américas is it?? we stayed in Caribe Apartments both times we where there, very cheap! they are very basic but spotless! pool is nice and they have a small cafe during day and a shop for basic stuff!

You literally walk out the gate turn left and your a 5 minute walk from Palm Beach! and another 2 minutes from Veronicas strip and Starco centre! most the night life is in and around here!

Yeh Playa de Las Americas is the place to be alright, just avoid Linekers Bar like the plague its like a big homing beacon for English lager louts, a lot of the English avoid it themselves.

I hated Linekers too haha worst pint ive ever had in my life in there lol and iv a pic to prove it lol :P

In las Américas is it?? we stayed in Caribe Apartments both times we where there, very cheap! they are very basic but spotless! pool is nice and they have a small cafe during day and a shop for basic stuff!

You literally walk out the gate turn left and your a 5 minute walk from Palm Beach! and another 2 minutes from Veronicas strip and Starco centre! most the night life is in and around here!

Ah good man that's the place I stayed in second time aswell :), room are basic but nice enough since all they were used for was a shower and sleeping a for a few hours pool area and the cafe was my go to place many a morning weak and the knees in dire need of food :).
    I hated Linekers too haha worst pint ive ever had in my life in there lol and iv a pic to prove it lol :P

Ha I'd well believe it we had just arrived and me and a friend headed straight down the strip to watch a match after five minutes in Linekers we bailed there was two sets of fans hurling abuse at each other and not in the friendly banter way as in this is going to kick and were going to kill each other way.

A pic of the pint, or a pic of the end result of it? :P

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I'm going to Ibiza at the end of September. I've a feeling I'll be incredibly out of my depth, but I've found a rock/metal bar there so I'll have a refuge should I get sick of the dance music :pac:

Toenails?! *gets sick a little* :(

Angron wrote: »
    A pic of the pint, or a pic of the end result of it? :P

il pop it up later facebook is banned at work lol

Ah good man that's the place I stayed in second time aswell :), room are basic but nice enough since all they were used for was a shower and sleeping a for a few hours pool area and the cafe was my go to place many a morning weak and the knees in dire need of food :).

haha i just about made it there myself a few mornings lol bout half way to the beach there was a nice little cafe place too full breakfast tea nd toast 3 quid! couldn pass it haha

Loads of the reps where staying there too, made friends with a few of um so when they spotted yu out n about later always sorted us out with good drink offers ;)

• Advertisement

haha i just about made it there myself a few mornings lol bout half way to the beach there was a nice little cafe place too full breakfast tea nd toast 3 quid! couldn pass it haha

Loads of the reps where staying there too, made friends with a few of um so when they spotted yu out n about later always sorted us out with good drink offers ;)

Think I know the place your on about had a few breakfasts there myself :).

Yeh same here we got to know a good few the reps and a few the barstaff who we went on the beer with a few times, certainly came in handy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement