Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Jasus I hope PKM is ok :(.

Also if anyone is feeling generous and want to make me the best fry ever I'd love you forever and owe ya one, either that r go to work for me tonight.

I just had a big fry up there with some left over ribs from last night

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

i went to see an awesome acdc tribute band last nite and ended up at a house party.i never felt so old in all my life.full of young uns out past their bedtime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Thanks binxeo, really good of you to let us know he's okay. :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Best wishes PKM! Come back whenever suits you, we're not going anywhere!

Any of ye ever watch Tattoo School? Tis flippin' hilarious. Dr Bill making tattoo artists out of people in "just two weeks", it's amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

jenizzle wrote: »
    Best wishes PKM! Come back whenever suits you, we're not going anywhere!

Any of ye ever watch Tattoo School? Tis flippin' hilarious. Dr Bill making tattoo artists out of people in "just two weeks", it's amazing!

Never even heard of it what channel does it be on?

• Advertisement

And are there any links to watch it online? :D

I looooooove my new phone. It's still a heap of shíte because I literally went in with 200 euro and told the guy to give me the easiest to use smartphone he had, and he gave me some yoke for like 70 euro, but fcuk it, it's so much better than my previous phone. Happy happy :)

App recommendations? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Esoteric_ wrote: »

I looooooove my new phone. It's still a heap of shíte because I literally went in with 200 euro and told the guy to give me the easiest to use smartphone he had, and he gave me some yoke for like 70 euro, but fcuk it, it's so much better than my previous phone. Happy happy :)

What phone did you get?

If you get a lot of taxi's download Hailo

January wrote: »
    What phone did you get?

If you get a lot of taxi's download Hailo

Some yoke called an Alcatel. I wanted something more expensive (ie better!) but the guy said it was the easiest to use so I got it. it's PINK :D

I don't get taxis all that often tbh, I don't live far enough away from anywhere I go to need them. :pac:

Think I'll download that myfitnesspal thing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I knew we were all panicking for nothing. Won't be the same without him. I mean who else is going to pick up on every innuendo? :-P

Now back to the important things. How do you eat your jelly babies?

Eso, apps depend on what you want them for. I'd recommend best apps marketplace. They do a little review on loads of apps so you can find what you want. If you're on pre jellybean then I'd also get a good battery manager and task killer.

Orim wrote: »
    I knew we were all panicking for nothing. Won't be the same without him. I mean who else is going to pick up on every innuendo? :-P

Now back to the important things. How do you eat your jelly babies?

Eso, apps depend on what you want them for. I'd recommend best apps marketplace. They do a little review on loads of apps so you can find what you want. If you're on pre jellybean then I'd also get a good battery manager and task killer.

I have a battery manager and task killer :) I have no idea wtf a jellybean is, aside from a sweet? :pac:

Jesus, give me a laptop and I'm great, give me some coding and I'm grand, give me a feckin' phone and I haven't a clue what I'm doing. :o

• Advertisement

Haha :D Alcatel One Touch probably.

They're a good little phone.

Myfitnesspal is good. Map my run or some such would be good if you ran too because it would tell you your distance etc.

Haha :D Alcatel One Touch probably.

They're a good little phone.

Myfitnesspal is good. Map my run or some such would be good if you ran too because it would tell you your distance etc.

That's the one. Apparently it's the easiest to use. I wanted some Samsung thing and the bloke said I wouldn't be able to use it, considering I can barely use a block of a nokia. :pac:

I do run, so that'd be handy. Thanks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Since he's in Canada for the next two years I set up a writing space in my brother's bedroom. Now I have no excuses...except the laptop being broken but hopefully that'll ne sorted out soon.

I have a battery manager and task killer smile.png I have no idea wtf a jellybean is, aside from a sweet? pacman.gif

Jesus, give me a laptop and I'm great, give me some coding and I'm grand, give me a feckin' phone and I haven't a clue what I'm doing. redface.png

Jelly bean is the name of the Android version. Jelly bean is 4.2. Ice cream sandwich is 4 and before was gingerbread. They have some crazy names.

For the running, Jen recommended Zombies, Run! before. It's a paid and I never got around to using it but it looked really good and would add a bit of fun to the running.
    Since he's in Canada for the next two years I set up a writing space in my brother's bedroom. Now I have no excuses...except the laptop being broken but hopefully that'll ne sorted out soon.

Get yourself a cheapo typowriter for the really authentic feel. Although I think if you really want to be authentic then bottles of whiskey are also required :P

Jelly bean is the name of the Android version. Jelly bean is 4.2. Ice cream sandwich is 4 and before was gingerbread. They have some crazy names.

For the running, Jen recommended Zombies, Run! before. It's a paid and I never got around to using it but it looked really good and would add a bit of fun to the running.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Android version of what?!

Oh yeah, meant to remember that. I'm gonna end up spending a fortune on apps. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Watching that film turner and hooch. Havint watched it since I was a kid and remember crying when he does at the end
    Not looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Oh yeah, meant to remember that. I'm gonna end up spending a fortune on apps. :pac:

It's the phone's OS, think Windows but for the phone

P_1 wrote: »
    It's the phone's OS, think Windows but for the phone

Thank you for dumbing it down for me. :o

Right so. Android is the OS on your phone. Jellybean, gingerbread etc. are the names for the different versions of Android.

Yeah apps are a bugger like that. The problem is they're so cheap. So you see and it's less then 2 quid and you think why not. Next thing you've both about 50 :pac:

Right so. Android is the OS on your phone. Jellybean, gingerbread etc. are the names for the different versions of Android.

Yeah apps are a bugger like that. The problem is they're so cheap. So you see and it's less then 2 quid and you think why not. Next thing you've both about 50 :pac:

That's exactly what I'll be doing tbh. :pac:

Think I'll get that call blocker app and block my boss' number. :pac:

• Advertisement

I don't have TV so I couldn't tell ye - it did start out on TLC though, but I just found a few... eh... sources! Only found 4 episodes but it's gas. Yer man is obsessed with money. The last episode, he gave out to one of his students for re-drawing a stencil, saying time is money and he should charge the client more for asking for the re-drawing. Meself and himself were left horrified with his tactics!

Here's a link to some clips of the show: http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/tattoo-school

Get the MyFitnessPal app, if you're on that. It has a barcode scanner, so you can scan in any food that you've eaten instead of searching for it. Runtastic is handy as it will log your run using the GPS on yer phone. The Dublin Bus app is good for finding out when the bus will be! I love using Instagram, as a lot of tattoo artists share their work on there, and I could spend hours every evening looking at pretty ink.

App Task Killers are of no use on an Android, as the OS will look after that itself.

I find this a great page to follow - they post up photos of work by UK artists, but you'd see some familiar names. Then you can just click on the artists names and follow them too. Magical mystery tattoo adventures :D

http://instagram.com/uktta

Ah, you're so helpful! Thank you. :)

12 year old's thinking they're in love... :eek:

12 year old's thinking they're in love... :eek:

:eek: Jaysis! I don't think I even had my first crush when I was 12. If I ever have kids, I'm gonna be so old-fashioned and behind the times! Even some of the stuff my nieces and nephews say surprise me!

I had my first crush when I was 10. It was a boy called Ciaran, and he was in my class in primary. He was one of my mates, and I got along really well with him. We were all out at a kid's disco one night, and he kept dancing with this other girl from my class. I got jealous and told him she was fat. He never spoke to me again. :pac: :pac: Unrequited love hurts, man. :( :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Unrequited love hurts, man. :( :pac:
    Like a punch to the gut :P Don't remember who my first crush was tbh.

Angron wrote: »
    Like a punch to the gut :P Don't remember who my first crush was tbh.

i only remember because of how I called his female friend fat. :o Not my proudest moment, jealous is a nasty thing. :pac:

I don't really remember any crushes I had after that. Most people I've fancied, I've ended up dating tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

My first crush was when I was ten. I wrote a note and left it on his desk. It was unsigned but the teacher was helpful enough to tell him it was my handwriting...I still hate her a bit for that. :P Now I think about it, every single crush I have ever had has been unrequited. I only ever had one proper relationship and we met online. I also went out with a guy for about a month when I was fifteen or sixteen but I didn't fancy him, I just convinced myself I did because he was the first person to tell me he fancied me. Wow I just made myself sound pathetic...

• Advertisement

Got to get bread and cheese,
    Where's my wallet and keys.

Accidently made up a wee poem on the way to the shops. It made me giggle when I realised it. I'm easily entertained :)

On the subject of crushes, I don't really remember any aside from famous ones and even then I'm not 100%. I tend to get told by the female what's happening :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement