Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

A friend of mine moved abroad a while ago and took up running to fill some time. He also changed his diet drastically. The last time I saw him I got a shock at how different he looked. He was too thin and looked old because of the weight he'd lost.

At first I found it really hard to get my cals up. Milk helped a lot.
    Now I'm better but some days I still slack off a bit ( if my daughter is having a baby tantrum day etc).

Yeah, if you lose weight too fast, it ages your skin terribly, because it doesn't give the skin time to fall back into shape with the smaller body.

I would use milk but I'm allergic to cow's milk and hate goat milk. :pac: I have to use healthy fats rather than fat from milk, anyway, so I've started making a smoothie in the morning and snack on blueberries and cherries. I do be full to the point where I feel sick by the time I've had lunch, though. :pac: I slack a lot if I'm in work, because I don't get proper breaks, so I basically have breakfast at around 7am and then don't get a chance to eat til after work, or after bootcamp if I have bootcamp after work. Means I'm going from 7am til anywhere between 8pm-11pm without food, unless I find time to go buy some almonds or berries. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Means I'm going from 7am til anywhere between 8pm-11pm without food, unless I find time to go buy some almonds or berries. :pac:

Fooking hell and I thought I was bad missing the odd meal.

Looks like another cracker of a day.

Fooking hell and I thought I was bad missing the odd meal.

Looks like another cracker of a day.

It doesn't bother me because I don't really have much of an appetite, but I try to get five minutes to run into the shops and get almonds and blueberries and other things like that, that I can eat in work if I'm not able to get a break. :)

Yay, sun! :D Seeing the sun always makes me feel happy. :)

The sun makes me fearful and suspicious ! haha

Just put on the washing machine and found my only clean shorts have a rip across the arse. Looks like Finglas will be getting an eyeful of white boxers today .

The sun makes me fearful and suspicious ! haha

Just put on the washing machine and found my only clean shorts have a rip across the arse. Looks like Finglas will be getting an eyeful of white boxers today .

:pac: I love the sun, it always makes me happy. :D

:pac: Sure isn't that kinda thing normal in Finglas anyway? :p It is in Coolock!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Driving to cabra alone this morning. Himself will be behind me on the bike, still nervous...

January wrote: »
    Driving to cabra alone this morning. Himself will be behind me on the bike, still nervous...

You'll be grand, I have faith in ya! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I think I'm like you there Marty. I used to moan that I couldn't gain weight. Until I started getting into lifting weights and found out I wasn't eating enough food :o

I used to miss meals regularly. Looking back I think how could I miss and entire meal?

Now it nom nom all day long but I still find it hard at times to eat another meal in.

Yeh it really is crazy I'd often skip meals now I wouldn't and am constantly snacking on something my two new faves are wheyhey ice cream and ostrim both healthy so its all good :).

I still find it a struggle to gain weight though and loose it really quick the other week when I was sick lost half a stone in a few days.

Oh and not begrudging the rest of yeh but sun please go away for a few hours so I can sleep and not wake up in a ball of sweat in what feels like a sauna, can't open the window noise of kids, dogs and people doing stuff will keep waking me up it's catch 22.

But come back later sun im off for a week now :).

Yeh it really is crazy I'd often skip meals now I wouldn't and am constantly snacking on something my two new faves are wheyhey ice cream and ostrim both healthy so its all good :).

I still find it a struggle to gain weight though and loose it really quick the other week when I was sick lost half a stone in a few days.

Oh and not begrudging the rest of yeh but sun please go away for a few hours so I can sleep and not wake up in a ball of sweat in what feels like a sauna, can't open the window noise of kids, dogs and people doing stuff will keep waking me up it's catch 22.

But come back later sun im off for a week now :).

Is ostrim that protein turkey thing you were telling me about when you were drunk?

Wheyhey ice cream

Dying to try wheyhey.

Would you believe I list weight at christmas. Not eating regular meals and bring hungover destroyed all my previous good work :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Is ostrim that protein turkey thing you were telling me about when you were drunk?

I don't know there ostrich and beef meat sticks that are meant for snacks can get ten of them in a box for 12 euro are 96% fat free and contain 14grams of protein per stick, and 80 calories.

Dying to try wheyhey.

Would you believe I list weight at christmas. Not eating regular meals and bring hungover destroyed all my previous good work :(

It is tasty Ice cream only problem is tiny tubs 150ml to scoops and its empty but tasty snack and ice cream has always been my favorite so glad I can get it in healthy snack form now.

I'd well believe it, Christmas for me does be the same drink and eat feck all to hungover to eat, yet I still love Christmas.

I don't know there ostrich and beef meat sticks that are meant for snacks can get ten of them in a box for 12 euro are 96% fat free and contain 14grams of protein per stick, and 80 calories.

It is tasty Ice cream only problem is tiny tubs 150ml to scoops and its empty but tasty snack and ice cream has always been my favorite so glad I can get it in healthy snack form now.

I'd well believe it, Christmas for me does be the same drink and eat feck all to hungover to eat, yet I still love Christmas.

Ha, when you were drunk you told me that it was made of turkey!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Good luck!!!

I'm the very typical box when it comes to weight loss. Due to my (bloody irritating) condition, I can't exercise at all when I want to, when all I want to do is go for a run. If I did, I would probably end up in A&E with the amount of pain I would be in. I've to really watch what I eat, trying to use the exercise bike at home, but it's not easy! I have the willpower, so that's something!!

Gorgeous day out there, and I'm in the library looking out at it! At least I can see it, which is the way I like to look at it! I'll have lunch outside I think, make the most of it!
    Plans for the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭binxeo

Was just on the phone to pkm and looked out the window to see a little girl running around in her nappy on the footpath outside....I thought for ****sake the parents around here, a kid out in a nappy at 8.30am, then I did a double take and ralised **** thats my little girl. The little monster got the front door open as quiet as a mouse and closed it after herself, I thought she was just in her hut under the stairs. She is not even near three but is smart enough to escape and leave no evidence of the crime. She put the heart crossways in me. I always take the keys out of the door, just got side tracked this morning after I put the bins outs. I swear....kids ya need ten pairs of eyes. Especially when they are our three.

binxeo wrote: »
    Was just on the phone to pkm and looked out the window to see a little girl running around in her nappy on the footpath outside....I thought for ****sake the parents around here, a kid out in a nappy at 8.30am, then I did a double take and ralised **** thats my little girl. The little monster got the front door open as quiet as a mouse and closed it after herself, I thought she was just in her hut under the stairs. She is not even near three but is smart enough to escape and leave no evidence of the crime. She put the heart crossways in me. I always take the keys out of the door, just got side tracked this morning after I put the bins outs. I swear....kids ya need ten pairs of eyes. Especially when they are our three.

That's quite adorable (once you know she is ok!!)! Smart baby alright!

kellief wrote: »
    That's quite adorable (once you know she is ok!!)! Smart baby alright!

Adorables is one word ya can use....yeh she is way too smart she figured out how to turn the key in the lock when she was about 18mths.

Adorables is one word ya can use....yeh she is way too smart she figured out how to turn the key in the lock when she was about 18mths.

It will stand to her in time! She will be a super baby genius in no time! Either that or a very efficient locksmith

It will stand to her in time! She will be a super baby genius in no time! Either that or a very efficient locksmith

I already have a genius child with her brother, I dont need another one lol ...bloody nightmare the pair of them, they will be dangerous when they get older, she will make the plans and he will have the smarts to execute them...lol Its no wonder I am going grey at 28 haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Good morning lovelies :) how is everyone? Looking like a bit of sunshine today, im getting out my maxi skirt in anticipation.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Flip sake - my artist is moving studios so I have to wait to get my foot coloured in. In saying that, feckin' delighted for him :D

• Advertisement

Sounds like fun in your house so!
    Cupcake, sounds like a good choice! It's gorgeous out!
    Jenizzle, will you be waiting long?

It's a very humbling experience when ye go "why do the parents let their kids do that... oh wait ****! That's my kid!!!"

Fun times!

Well, did it :D So pleased with myself too. I know it's only driving but I'm so glad I've finally been able to get over my nerves and just do it.

Jenizzle, will you be waiting long?

No idea. Obviously he'll have to settle in an' all that, but sher the outline isn't going anywhere anyway. I'll just have to colour it in with marker until it's done for good :)

It's a very humbling experience when ye go "why do the parents let their kids do that... oh wait ****! That's my kid!!!"

Fun times!

Well, did it :D So pleased with myself too. I know it's only driving but I'm so glad I've finally been able to get over my nerves and just do it.

Yeh quiet humbling, well done on the driving. It very nerve wrecking alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

jenizzle wrote: »
    No idea. Obviously he'll have to settle in an' all that, but sher the outline isn't going anywhere anyway. I'll just have to colour it in with marker until it's done for good :)

Can we all takes turns colouring you in? A group bonding activity?

Can we all takes turns colouring you in? A group bonding activity?

As long as someone tries to colour me in with vodka :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Cloudy as ever in Galway. It's meant improve though. Have to get up and walk my neighbour's dog but just want to stay in bed reading. Got the latest Neil Gaiman book and although not that big a fan this is really fantastic so far.

Fun times!

Super duper!! High Five! First drive on your own can be scary!!! I drove out to my boyfriends, we were nearly at mine and I told him, by the way, this is the first time I've driven alone, he nearly had a heart attack! DUnno why, but it was hilarious!!!

The berry is a brilliant website, but every now and then they out-do themselves. I'm after nearly falling off my chair in the library I'm laughing so much at the berry break today!! http://theberry.com/2013/06/25/take-a-berry-break-40-photos-425/

• Advertisement

Super duper!! High Five! First drive on your own can be scary!!! I drove out to my boyfriends, we were nearly at mine and I told him, by the way, this is the first time I've driven alone, he nearly had a heart attack! DUnno why, but it was hilarious!!!

Oh I've been out on my own before but not that far! I just drive up and down to TRX and stuff... so I know I can go further and not be nervous now!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement