Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

January wrote: »
    Oh I've been out on my own before but not that far! I just drive up and down to TRX and stuff... so I know I can go further and not be nervous now!

Well that's even better then!

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Evenin' all. Just back from Killarney. Eventful to say the least! As I was about to head off, I noticed petrol pissing from a fuel line under the carbs. It's fixable, but would take a few hours to get the tank off, then the carbs, fix the fuel line and re-assemble. So I called a mate who said I could borrow his bike (VFR800) so I bolted up to Moynalty in the car (wearing full leathers) and it was 5pm by the time I was leaving Moynalty. My plan was to be halfway down (if not more) by that time FFS!! :rolleyes:

Anyway, I got to Killarney at 9pm, had a shower, then a basket of chips and a couple of pints before hitting the scratcher. My mate got his bike at 10.30 this morning and we headed back. Jaysus I love the guy to bits, but it was like Driving Miss Daisy FFS!!! :pac: :pac: Had to stop every 5 minutes as I kept losing him, and I was taking it easy!! :D

Anyway, I got back and if nothing else, reaffirmed just why I love bikes! What a blast!! So much so, I'm keeping the bike for an extra day and heading out on it later!! WOOOOOoooooo. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Evenin' all. Just back from Killarney. Eventful to say the least! As I was about to head off, I noticed petrol pissing from a fuel line under the carbs. It's fixable, but would take a few hours to get the tank off, then the carbs, fix the fuel line and re-assemble. So I called a mate who said I could borrow his bike (VFR800) so I bolted up to Moynalty in the car (wearing full leathers) and it was 5pm by the time I was leaving Moynalty. My plan was to be halfway down (if not more) by that time FFS!! :rolleyes:

Anyway, I got to Killarney at 9pm, had a shower, then a basket of chips and a couple of pints before hitting the scratcher. My mate got his bike at 10.30 this morning and we headed back. Jaysus I love the guy to bits, but it was like Driving Miss Daisy FFS!!! :pac: :pac: Had to stop every 5 minutes as I kept losing him, and I was taking it easy!! :D

Anyway, I got back and if nothing else, reaffirmed just why I love bikes! What a blast!! So much so, I'm keeping the bike for an extra day and heading out on it later!! WOOOOOoooooo. :cool:

Similar to my mates bike though he's usually the slowest on the Sunday drive he takes with his other mate who has a R1. Was on that bike before........pretty fcukin scary

Similar to my mates bike though he's usually the slowest on the Sunday drive he takes with his other mate who has a R1. Was on that bike before........pretty fcukin scary

Yeah, I was offered an R1 to use, but I wouldn't. Absolute missile of a bike!!!

I was well happy with the VFR though, very stable! What's that, how far did I lean her into roundabouts??... :cool: :cool:

260049.jpg

And the bike he loaned me....

260050.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

A fella who came over to my job from England was chatting to me and I mentioned I was a mechanic and so he asked me about doing work on his bike while he is over here. So I said yeah what bike. He smiled and showed me
    Fcukin hayabusa!!!!
    I was like not a hope Im touching that thing are you mad. I thought he'd say like a cbr or something but no way would I touch a hayabusa. Parts are expensive and if I fcuked up the bike would be messed.
    Now that bike would give me nightmares

• Advertisement

A fella who came over to my job from England was chatting to me and I mentioned I was a mechanic and so he asked me about doing work on his bike while he is over here. So I said yeah what bike. He smiled and showed me
    Fcukin hayabusa!!!!
    I was like not a hope Im touching that thing are you mad. I thought he'd say like a cbr or something but no way would I touch a hayabusa. Parts are expensive and if I fcuked up the bike would be messed.
    Now that bike would give me nightmares

Another missile!! Eats chains and sprockets too!! Another mate of mine had a ZX12... ridiculous how easy and effortlessly it is to go quick on that thing! You wouldn't even KNOW you were doing 300kph!! Scary quick too!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

In Dubbyland, watching some eejit playing xbox. :rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

just out of another laser session.he reckons it'll take at least another 2 sessions until it can be covered :( we originally thought we'd be starting my sleeve around now.it'll probably be october by the time we start.i crave new ink

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm gonna save my money and finally get around to getting a new tattoo.

Angron wrote: »
    I'm gonna save my money and finally get around to getting a new tattoo.

You know it makes sense....

delboy1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Been watching the tennis today, bloody carnage for most of the big guns

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I was chatting to a few online friends there, one of them said "HE DID IT, BAH GAWD HE DID IT!", and I said he sure did. Took us a while to realise we were on about different sports, he was talking about someone getting knocked out in tennis, I was on about the Brazil goalie saving a penalty in football.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I was chatting to a few online friends there, one of them said "HE DID IT, BAH GAWD HE DID IT!", and I said he sure did. Took us a while to realise we were on about different sports, he was talking about someone getting knocked out in tennis, I was on about the Brazil goalie saving a penalty in football.

Had to read that in a Jim Ross accent :P

Yeah, we are all into wrestling so we talk like that to each other a fair bit :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I would have assumed this

stunner.jpg

I was watching No Way Out 2003 earlier on, Stone Cold giving Bischoff four stunners :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I was watching No Way Out 2003 earlier on, Stone Cold giving Bischoff four stunners :P

I watched the Rise and Fall of WCW today. Now I'm on the match portion of the DVD. NWO vs Horsemen at War Games. Talk about old school :p

I always hated that World War 3 match they had, it was a huge mess of a match. The year Nash won it was such a huge sign of how messed up the booking was. Oh well.

Anyone up to much?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Hey Angron, you read much Black Library stuff ?

Yes, a load of it. Even have a few books signed by the BL authors. Yourself?

• Advertisement

Very much into WH 40k.

After getting a bit disillusioned with how the HH is going ( branching into audio and ebooks) but I love a good read. Never really played the game though.

( Although i did go over to Gamesday last year with my cousin )

I never really get ebooks, don't have an ebook reader anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

I never really get ebooks, don't have an ebook reader anyway.

the kindle is the best thing sonce sliced bread.hundreds of books on one little device.brilliant

Maybe for some, I just prefer having the actual book myself.

I don't mind ebooks or audios and they have a place but when I first picked up the Horus Heresy ( 10 years ago?) I envisioned getting all nice gold editions.

Really like ADB's stuff.

Yeah, he's a great author. I have a few things signed by him, the Night Lords series, The First Heretic, and one or two of the collections he's done. There was a Black Library event up in Dublin last Saturday, they had ADB, Abnett, McNeill, Guy Haley, and John French all up there. It was pretty cool.

I saw ADB mentioned it on facebook but I was otherwise engaged ( shopping iwth Mrs googled eyes)

Jesus I missed a good day looking back over that list

Dunno if you saw it, but there's a new White Scars book coming for the HH series, a lot of folks at the events were asking when we'd get one at last.

Saw the cover today

999010_10151496885497957_18688208_n.jpg

One of the things I love most about WH40k is the artwork, that and the ultra-violence :D

• Advertisement

Yeah, the guys that do the artwork do magnificent jobs of it. I saw someone on facebook say the Khan looks more like Kratos there, which is funny. You'd think Angron would be the one to get that comparison :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement