Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Clothes in general are going very funny. I'm watching cake boss and chilling out. Anyone up to anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

kellief wrote: »
    Clothes in general are going very funny. I'm watching cake boss and chilling out. Anyone up to anything?

Ah cake boss, some his cake look so good you'd almost feel guilty cutting them. Almost I said.

I'm still watching Sopranos.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Went to NewYork with my wife a few years ago.Random episodes of Sopranos were on every morning. She was loving the show. I've tried to get here to watch it from the start several times since. She can't get into it. :( same with The Wire :(:(

I don't like TopMan. I feel like the clothes are aimed at younger dudes.

Went to NewYork with my wife a few years ago.Random episodes of Sopranos were on every morning. She was loving the show. I've tried to get here to watch it from the start several times since. She can't get into it. :( same with The Wire :(:(

I don't like TopMan. I feel like the clothes are aimed at younger dudes.

The Wire another brilliant show, have you ever seen Oz? The show that really paved the way for them all, Sopranos is credited with paving the way but its really Oz that paved the way for the Sopranos in the first place.

Yeh TopMan kinda is but I know younger lads who wouldn't even go near that place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Oz was amazing but quite hardcore. It's been ages since I watched it and I know that's one show Mrs googled eyes wouldn't get.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Free prosecco.... I like it :D Was up at a wedding evening in my hotel for the wedding... Jesus chocolate fountains and candy carts are expensive buggers.

Oz was amazing but quite hardcore. It's been ages since I watched it and I know that's one show Mrs googled eyes wouldn't get.

Yeh it was certainly hardcore some scenes would leave ya wincing, I only rewatched it there recently enough bought the boxset off it :), brilliant show but did drop standards quite badly by the end sadly.

Ah cake boss, some his cake look so good you'd almost feel guilty cutting them. Almost I said.

I'm still watching Sopranos.

They are delicious looking. I bake a lot and learn a lot from him!

Sweet mother of god give me patience :mad:, got into a discussion with someone I know on self harming who stated people who done it were just attention seeking and when arguing there point they then claimed tattoo's are like scars and self harming and just attention seeking, god give me patience.

Too many idiots in this world, I could feel my blood begining to boil.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

What I'm currently pissed off about is those Youth Defence jackasses, parking their van outside the Dublin Rape Crisis Centre. What an utterly disgusting tactic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Evenin' all. What a shitty day eh?? :rolleyes:

Not a bad day "work" wise, but coming home, the car broke down three times. I don't get it. I know I let it get ridiculously low on diesel before I put more in, but that's cos I didn't have money but I don't know if that's it or not. AND I got the diesel in a garage I've never used before cos it was the only one open at 11 pm last night! So maybe dirty diesel?? I just hope it's not the fuel pump or ECU!!

And then, watching the Free Practice for the MotoGP tonight, Jorge Lorenzo (Yamaha) has a crash at 238kph, breaking his left collarbone. There's the championship gone FFS! I am NOT a happy bunny tonight!!! (Vid below for anyone interested)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Just seen an unreal car chase. Skyline absolutist hammering down Belgard road and before he got the lots fuel cut off kicked in and started spitting flames out the rear exhaust and lifted handbrake and drifted in a uturn style and down other way
    Garda hasn't a clue what to do. And by time he turned the skyline was well doing over 170 maybe more in the rain!!!
    Serious driver there.
    I'd love a skyline drove a few of them. If I won the lotto skyline and a Evo please :)

I'd love a skyline drove a few of them. If I won the lotto skyline and a Evo please :)

Aye, I like them too. Emm.... can I have the R34 and an Evo XIII please. :D

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Evenin' all. What a shitty day eh?? :rolleyes:

Not a bad day "work" wise, but coming home, the car broke down three times. I don't get it. I know I let it get ridiculously low on diesel before I put more in, but that's cos I didn't have money but I don't know if that's it or not. AND I got the diesel in a garage I've never used before cos it was the only one open at 11 pm last night! So maybe dirty diesel?? I just hope it's not the fuel pump or ECU!!

And then, watching the Free Practice for the MotoGP tonight, Jorge Lorenzo (Yamaha) has a crash at 238kph, breaking his left collarbone. There's the championship gone FFS! I am NOT a happy bunny tonight!!! (Vid below for anyone interested)

Ouch looks like a nasty tumble. any idea at all what's wrong with the car? Nothing more annoying than when a car starts acting the maggot.
    Just seen an unreal car chase. Skyline absolutist hammering down Belgard road and before he got the lots fuel cut off kicked in and started spitting flames out the rear exhaust and lifted handbrake and drifted in a uturn style and down other way
    Garda hasn't a clue what to do. And by time he turned the skyline was well doing over 170 maybe more in the rain!!!
    Serious driver there.

Maybe a serious driver there but serious arsehole aswell, if robbed or not hope they catch him.

I've been watching the faculty, holy bajeesus. I watched some of it before but I don't think I watched it all.

I'm terrified now.

Ouch looks like a nasty tumble. any idea at all what's wrong with the car? Nothing more annoying than when a car starts acting the maggot.

Maybe a serious driver there but serious arsehole aswell, if robbed or not hope they catch him.
    Definately wasn't robbed
    The lad driving it seemed to know what he was doing professionally.
    Really want one. I'd go with the r33 gtr

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Damo I could feel my arteries clogging just looking at that picture!

On the mens clothes thing, there's a certain male staff member working in a "trendy" mens clothes shop near where I work. Now I know they have to wear the clothes, but this guy looks like he copied the mannequins rather than doing his own thing. Skinny jeans that show off his ankles, v neck tops etc etc... The main problem? He's in his 40s and looks like a twat in these clothes :p

Definately wasn't robbed
    The lad driving it seemed to know what he was doing professionally.
    Really want one. I'd go with the r33 gtr

Well then he should definitely have his license taken off him, now I'm no saint and do speed on occasion, but that's just plain stupid I know the Belgard Rd well and it's no place to be acting the maggot like that in any way shape or form.

It's idiots like him that make insurance companies not want to touch cars like that and give owners of Japanese performance cars who aren't borderline retarded bad reputations.
    Ankhyu wrote: »
    Damo I could feel my arteries clogging just looking at that picture!

On the mens clothes thing, there's a certain male staff member working in a "trendy" mens clothes shop near where I work. Now I know they have to wear the clothes, but this guy looks like he copied the mannequins rather than doing his own thing. Skinny jeans that show off his ankles, v neck tops etc etc... The main problem? He's in his 40s and looks like a twat in these clothes :p

:pac::pac: I'd love to see that.

Never speed on Belgard road. Coppers are always around or speed can.
    When I was younger I had a serious glanza. Done most of the mods on it myself. Cost a few quid but man was she fast.
    Used to go to that cruise down in ballyfermot in the JFK industrial estate.
    Was great craic but kinda grew out of it.
    Actually do be driving around in her car and do be thinking sometimes man I wish I had that car back.

Never speed on Belgard road. Coppers are always around or speed can.
    When I was younger I had a serious glanza. Done most of the mods on it myself. Cost a few quid but man was she fast.
    Used to go to that cruise down in ballyfermot in the JFK industrial estate.
    Was great craic but kinda grew out of it.
    Actually do be driving around in her car and do be thinking sometimes man I wish I had that car back.

Like I said I know that road well, drive it a lot they used to always be down by Newlands golf club but once they upped the speed limit on that section there never there, now there always opposite were Jacobs used to be.

A friend of mine used to own a Glanza wrote it off, another lad I know used to own a Skyline also wrote off. I know people that used to go cruises but never my scene I like cars a lot but never into the whole cruise thing. Looking for something with more power myself if I ever find the a car i like that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Got my laptop back today after having the hard drive replaced. It seems a lot noisier than before. Fan isn't going ape**** constantly though so that's nice.

Like I said I know that road well, drive it a lot they used to always be down by Newlands golf club but once they upped the speed limit on that section there never there, now there always opposite were Jacobs used to be.

A friend of mine used to own a Glanza wrote it off, another lad I know used to own a Skyline also wrote off. I know people that used to go cruises but never my scene I like cars a lot but never into the whole cruise thing. Looking for something with more power myself if I ever find the a car i like that is.

I had a near fatal experience overtaking a prick ad as I was over taking he sped up laughing at me and a car came other way and lucky the glanza had a high turbo button so I pressed that and barely made it in front of him.
    That's when I kinda decided to get out of the fast scene as everyone tries to race you then

I had a near fatal experience overtaking a prick ad as I was over taking he sped up laughing at me and a car came other way and lucky the glanza had a high turbo button so I pressed that and barely made it in front of him.
    That's when I kinda decided to get out of the fast scene as everyone tries to race you then

That's exactly why I've been looking at a 335i or maybe even a 330i less power :(, or Mazda 6 MPS just not mad on the looks of them there not aging well. But I want a subtle car not ones that stand out. Was even thinking if I got the 335i I might de badge it.

Sure I drive a Honda Accord Type S, not a Euro R version the standard 2.0l petrol and I get people trying to race me purely because it's a Honda I assume.

Don't know mate, but it's annoying. I'll fill the tank tomorrow (which I can't really afford to be doing) and get an injector cleaner or something. After that, give it to my mate to see if it's the fuel pump, which I hope to Jebus it's not!
    kellief wrote: »
    I've been watching the faculty, holy bajeesus. I watched some of it before but I don't think I watched it all.

I'm terrified now.

Jeez, seen that YEARS ago, barely remember it. Is it that scary? Think it's on Netflix, might have a look....

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Don't know mate, but it's annoying. I'll fill the tank tomorrow (which I can't really afford to be doing) and get an injector cleaner or something. After that, give it to my mate to see if it's the fuel pump, which I hope to Jebus it's not!

Jeez, seen that YEARS ago, barely remember it. Is it that scary? Think it's on Netflix, might have a look....

Ill keep my fingers crossed for ya mate :cool:.

Think I seen that aswell but it's been a few years. Don't remember it being to jumpy but my memory could be wrong.

Saw the ad for The Faculty...looked like it would be more silly than scary to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Saw the ad for The Faculty...looked like it would be more silly than scary to me.

The Faculty is certainly more of a throwback to the B-Movie genre and a lot of it is tongue-in-cheek. Entertaining though imo. It's written by Kevin Williamson who penned the Scream/I Know What You Did Last Summer movies.

Passenger wrote: »
    The Faculty is certainly more of a throwback to the B-Movie genre and a lot of it is tongue-in-cheek. Entertaining though imo. It's written by Kevin Williamson who penned the Scream/I Know What You Did Last Summer movies.

Oooooh I love Scream, might check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd have considered The Faculty more fun than scary...

Also : Famke Jansson... Mmm....

• Advertisement

Dropped the Missus off to airport with her mate at half 5 and still Havint slept. On m50 on way home and I used to always wonder how pigeons were dead on the road because they never be on the road yet do see a few. Anyway driving along and this pigeon a good bit away just dropped out of the sky and plonked on the road so now I know.
    Anyway sitting here boll0xed and excited as I'm in for tattoo at 10 o'clock 4 half hours bring it on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement