Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I need new specticles but I'm fairly blind so I'm gonna end up paying a bomb to get the lighter/smaller lenses. :(

I'd rather be saving the cash for a new tattoo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

I feel your pain, it's expensive business. I'm fairly blind myself so I have to get the thinned lenses or else I'd look ridiculous. I'm probably due for an eye test and all soon too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

My sight is terrible, also have to get lenses thinned and anti glare and scratch coating on them, but mammy and daddy pay for them for me if I'm broke cause my sight changes frequently. It got BETTER recently. :pac:

My eyesight hasn't really changed since I was 21 but I've found my eyes get tired at night lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Buy them online! A couple of years ago I paid €300 for a pair of glasses (the frames were about €80 and the rest was for getting high index lenses!), I bought two pairs on zenni optical last year with thinned out lenses and paid €150!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

It doesn't take a lot to scare me. It was a bit obvious what would happen, but it's great! It was on Comedy Central, worth a watch if it comes on!!
    I've no idea about cars like that, I drive a micra!

Made a new smoothie this morning, avocado, celery, banana, redcurrants, blackcurrants, raspberry, blackberry, juice and the honey. I did forget the honey and had to put it in at the end of my glass, I still hate it! Has to be worth it though, spent 4.80 on a pot of local honey!!!!!

kellief wrote: »
    It doesn't take a lot to scare me. It was a bit obvious what would happen, but it's great! It was on Comedy Central, worth a watch if it comes on!!
    I've no idea about cars like that, I drive a micra!

Made a new smoothie this morning, avocado, celery, banana, redcurrants, blackcurrants, raspberry, blackberry, juice and the honey. I did forget the honey and had to put it in at the end of my glass, I still hate it! Has to be worth it though, spent 4.80 on a pot of local honey!!!!!

That sounds gorgeous! I had a smoothie for breakfast with mango, apple juice, strawberries, spinach and blueberries :)

I've been toying with that idea January. How long did it take from order to delivery ?

Just under two weeks and that was with a delay because I had ordered frames that would not go with my thick ass lenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

i have perfect 20/20 hindsight vision.altho we probably all have that

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    That sounds gorgeous! I had a smoothie for breakfast with mango, apple juice, strawberries, spinach and blueberries :)
    I like the idea of that, except for spinach. That doesn't seem like it belongs in a smoothie.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Angron wrote: »
    I like the idea of that, except for spinach. That doesn't seem like it belongs in a smoothie.

I throw frozen spinach into smoothies, don't even taste it and it's really god for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I throw frozen spinach into smoothies, don't even taste it and it's really god for you.

Yeah I suppose once you have other flavours in it that will mask it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I guess, it just seems like an odd one to have.

Stupid question but where did you get the frozen spinach? Yeah it was really tasty, very refreshing!

kellief wrote: »
    Stupid question but where did you get the frozen spinach? Yeah it was really tasty, very refreshing!

I get it in tescos, I tried using fresh spinach but wasn't using enough of it quick enough so just end up throwing most of it in the bin each time. So frozen spinach will last me while, throw two lumps of spinach into each smoothie. My smoothies when I make them are ok, but I hate nuts but there full of really good fat and blending them into a smoothie is the only way I can get them into me.

Yep I get mine in Tesco too, cheap and perfect for throwing into any sort of dish...

Angron wrote: »
    I guess, it just seems like an odd one to have.

I was the one who told marty to put spinach in his smoothies, you really don't taste it :)

I shall pick some up later on! Trying to study but not feeling great at all. Thesis cannot be finished soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I looooooooove spinach. Prefer fresh to frozen but, like Marty says, it goes off way too quickly. I like smoothies but I've never tried making them myself because all I have is a hand blender and it's not a decent one either. Also I keep hearing they're way too sugary to be healthy but I don't know if that's true or not. I suppose everything is bad for you in some way.

• Advertisement

Reading about the various types of protein powder...so confusing.

I looooooooove spinach. Prefer fresh to frozen but, like Marty says, it goes off way too quickly. I like smoothies but I've never tried making them myself because all I have is a hand blender and it's not a decent one either. Also I keep hearing they're way too sugary to be healthy but I don't know if that's true or not. I suppose everything is bad for you in some way.

They are high in sugar but its natural sugar but also think of all the vitamins and nurtients that is in them. It all depends on your lifestyle really and well to much of anything is bad for you. I add in alot of things to beef up the calorie intake in mine well because I need to take in a lot of calories a day.
    Reading about the various types of protein powder...so confusing.

You thinking about buying some? The general consensus seems to be that ON Gold Standard 100% whey is the best, it's the one I use. You can use them for cooking aswell, I often throw some in porridge and made a cake the other week from a recipe I saw on boards and added in some chocolate whey.

You thinking about buying some? The general consensus seems to be that ON Gold Standard 100% whey is the best, it's the one I use. You can use them for cooking aswell, I often throw some in porridge and made a cake the other week from a recipe I saw on boards and added in some chocolate whey.

Whey's not vegan though so have to use one of the other varieties and I really don't have clue. I've seen one or two people mention protein powders in the Vegan and Vegetarian forum, might ask in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Tattoo done but not finished. I couldn't get anyone to take me little one from crèche so top line on my tattoo is not done in only outlined the rest is done and booked in for more work on it in 2 weeks
    Forgot the soreness and redness its been nearly a year since my last one.
    Fcuking shattered aswell

I cannot wait to be finished work at six. Only three more days til I get a day off :D and I got paid more than I expected because I forgot I did extra hours :D

I've a pain in my face. I owe lots of money due to not working and my car deciding to break in various places. I really want to get my next tattoo but I'll have to wait. It will come in time.

I spent today trying to read papers/curled up in a ball. not enough pain meds in the world today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Fcuking shattered aswell

Yeah can really take it out of you.

Feeling flipping drained and can't figure out why. Just want to curl up and sleep.

Jasus everyone's wrecked today, I'm stuffed just finished stuffing my face with turkey burgers and baked sweet potato :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Wrecked myself but it's mainly from standing at work. It's been such a long day, still another hour to go :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement