Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I'm mentally wrecked today, the kids have drained me... tantrums galore. My mum and dad are arguing and the atmosphere in the house is soooo tense. I had stayed away for over a week but had heard things had died down so went up today but they're back at it again... argh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I'm feeling very very drained myself. Altogether in past 32 hours I've gotten 3 hours sleep and then got me tattoo and all. Very strange as its really hurting me now but never really hurt this bad before. In saying that it is tribal and a lot of black is in it so was a good bit of blood due to lack of sleep so my artist said.
    Anyway tonight is busiest night of the month and I prob won't finish till about 4 so roll on the next six painful poxy hours :(

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Evenin' all. What's happening? Sitting on my todd here as herself is gone into hospital with the baby. He's screaming in pain all day and not taking his bottles and has a temperature. She had to wail til I came home as my car is still fucked so I was using hers. :(

So watching Die Hard 2 on Film 4 (which is being followed by The Running Man) waiting to hear what the story is. Waiting sucks!! Hope it's nothing too serious...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Hope it's nothing serious PKM :(

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Hope it's nothing serious PKM :(

So do I!!! Can't do hospitals with kids. I feel so useless. The little one was in hospital last year with a dangerously high fever they couldn't figure out or fix. She was on drips and machines for three days.....it killed me.

260368.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Hope the little one is ok pkm :( poor little mite

Im in quite a good mood today. Heading out for a friend's birthday tomorrow night and it's only 18 days till im away on holidays! :D

Aw P.K.M. I hope the baby is ok...

My other half would be a bit like you, feels helpless in situations like that. Thankfully we've only ever had one trip to A&E with one of our girls, she got hold of one of those bloody liquid tabs for the washing machine and it burst into her eye.

Lots of hospital appts though - one has a heart problem, the other has an ENT appt coming up and the youngest is seeing a paediatrician in July because she's underweight according to the growth charts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Keeping my fingers crossed for ye, pkm, I'm sure he's gonna be grand. :)

Drained tonight, went for a run after work, but my hayfever is killing me so I only managed about 4k because I was sneezing so much. :pac:

Really looking forward to finally having a day off on Tuesday, although I'll have to go to the doctor so I won't be relaxing too much!

Hope the little one is ok pkm :( poor little mite

Im in quite a good mood today. Heading out for a friend's birthday tomorrow night and it's only 18 days till im away on holidays! :D

Thanks Kat. BTW...SO jealous of your holidays!! I'm sure yo'll have a blast!
    January wrote: »
    Aw P.K.M. I hope the baby is ok...

My other half would be a bit like you, feels helpless in situations like that. Thankfully we've only ever had one trip to A&E with one of our girls, she got hold of one of those bloody liquid tabs for the washing machine and it burst into her eye.

Lots of hospital appts though - one has a heart problem, the other has an ENT appt coming up and the youngest is seeing a paediatrician in July because she's underweight according to the growth charts.

Cheers. Ah look, with 6 kids I've been in and out so often, they know my name by now! My eldest lad was a fucker for shoving small stones up his nose!! My third had bad skin problems when he was a nipper, the other little one I said above, Thomas has been in and out of a psychologists the last few weeks and only the other day diagnosed with A.S.D. (Asbergers) and has to attend behavioral therapy and occupational therapy for the next God knows how long...and now the newborn. Between kids, cars and bikes, I've had my fill of shit not working!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Fingers crossed for the little one PKM I'm sure he'll be grand but I can imagine how nervy it can get.

Like everyone else seemingly I'm also shattered, played 27 holes of golf and found a savage looking wedge for my troubles

• Advertisement

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Thanks Kat. BTW...SO jealous of your holidays!! I'm sure yo'll have a blast!

Cheers. Ah look, with 6 kids I've been in and out so often, they know my name by now! My eldest lad was a fucker for shoving small stones up his nose!! My third had bad skin problems when he was a nipper, the other little one I said above, Thomas has been in and out of a psychologists the last few weeks and only the other day diagnosed with A.S.D. (Asbergers) and has to attend behavioral therapy and occupational therapy for the next God knows how long...and now the newborn. Between kids, cars and bikes, I've had my fill of shit not working!! :pac:

I have a little one with Sensory Processing Disorder which is on the autism spectrum so I know how you feel about stuff like that too! She's on a waiting list for occupational therapy with is two years long at the moment... boils my blood... I know that if I had the money for it I could get an occupational therapy appointment tomorrow... She'll be in Senior Infants by the time she gets an appointment.

My little one was in an out of hospital a few times when she was a baba and everytime she was in a couldn't eat or sleep. Was heartbreaking seeing a small tube or wire in her. She always pulled thru and now she's just mad :)
    I thank god everyday for that much.

My niece is epileptic and anytime she has a fit and ends up in hospital my heart does be crossways, I can only imagine what it's like when you're a parent. I'd say it's absolutely horrible to watch your own little mite like that.

My niece is epileptic and anytime she has a fit and ends up in hospital my heart does be crossways, I can only imagine what it's like when you're a parent. I'd say it's absolutely horrible to watch your own little mite like that.

Yeah, little bit alright. :( Makes you realise just how important they are....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Sorry to hear PKM, hopefully it's nothing too serious.

Yeah, little bit alright. :( Makes you realise just how important they are....

The little buggers get right under your skin :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Thinking of you PKM, hope your little one is ok.
    I cause this hassle for my parents now tatther than as a kid. I've been in and out of a&e regularly for the last almost 10 years, only got a diagnosis at 21, I'm sure (well I hope haha!) they panic too.
    In saying that, I did run into a bed my dad was taking apart and was bleeding from somewhere between my eyes, off to temple street where I promptly told the nurse daddy hit me with the bunk bed. It took a lot of explaining on that one!!

kellief wrote: »
    I've been in and out of a&e regularly for the last almost 10 years, only got a diagnosis at 21...

Diagnoses for what if you don't mind me asking?

So she got home from hospital at about 2am which wasn't too bad I suppose. Turns out he has an upper respiratory tract viral infection. :confused: And because it's viral they can't give him anything, it "should" pass in about five days. :rolleyes:

At least he's home and he was so wrecked he slept pretty well last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Diagnoses for what if you don't mind me asking?

So she got home from hospital at about 2am which wasn't too bad I suppose. Turns out he has an upper respiratory tract viral infection. :confused: And because it's viral they can't give him anything, it "should" pass in about five days. :rolleyes:

At least he's home and he was so wrecked he slept pretty well last night.

A chronic pain condition (causes massive amounts of pain, fainting, weakness, can't walk, I take really strong pain meds daily, it's a joy!)

Delighted to hear he's home. Yeah, viral infections are a bitch, lots of fluids for him!

Strongly regretting my decision to make salt and vinegar chickpeas. I think I might just vomit from the smell of vinegar.

• Advertisement

Just back from food shopping. I've web in stitches listening to my daughter. Swear folks keep an eye in 20 years for up and coming comedian!
    She's gas :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I can't stand the smell of vinegar KB, or the taste. Urgh.

So, I saved someone's life today. :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    So, I saved someone's life today. :cool:
    How? And do you now own them until they repay the debt?

Angron wrote: »
    How? And do you now own them until they repay the debt?

A man collapsed near my stand in work, his wife ran to get a security guard, so I ran over to him, checked and he wasn't breathing, so I tilted his head back and shoved my finger down his throat to check his airway was clear, and gave him mouth to mouth til the security guard got an ambulance. Bought a toothbrush, toothpaste and mouthwash and scrubbed my mouth after. :pac: no idea what's wrong with him but he wasn't breathing and his wife was panicking too much to be any use. :pac:

Fair play to you.

Fair play to you.

I feel like my mouth will never be clean again. :pac: I better win the lotto if karma exists!

I can't stand the smell of vinegar KB, or the taste. Urgh.

Hate the smell too and not a huge fan of the taste. Used a lot less than the recipe and diluted it a bit as well. Think they'll turn out okay.

Also fair play Eso.

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    and gave him mouth to mouth til the security guard got an ambulance. Bought a toothbrush, toothpaste and mouthwash and scrubbed my mouth after.
    Why, what else did you do??? :cool: smiley-sex020.gif

• Advertisement

Starting on the Captain now :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement