Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your favourite game EVER

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,048 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

As I didn't play much of Playstation before PS3, apart from the GoW games, I would have to say Infamous. If talking multiplatform as well, would be really tight between Infamous and the Arkham games, but I'll stick with Infamous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

7ofBrian wrote: »
    Destruction Derby gets my vote. Had so much fun with that game as a kid :)

Although my favourite of all time is the GoW Trilogy.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Marsden

I'm surprised no-one mentioned Resident Evil. I've made my decision and I'm sticking by it but if hours were calculated, this would be tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Final fantasy 7. Which is weird as I've discovered that I hate Japanese rpg's but this one I just love

• Registered Users Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Vice City!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭unblvlblkult

Micro machines V3 on ps1 was thee best party game ever. 8 players with a multitap and controller sharing just made it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Unearthly wrote: »
    Final fantasy 7. Which is weird as I've discovered that I hate Japanese rpg's but this one I just love

You're just not playing the right ones. Get a DS all the best ones are on that. Stuff like FFXIII and it's ilk are horribly paced. For all it's flaws FFVII is wonderfully paced which makes it fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Metal Gear Solid is my pick. It was the game that turned this mere pastime of mine into a full-on hobby.

Also, with a username like mine, what else was it going to be!?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Unearthly

@Retro, Interesting, I was going to pick up one of them soon. Good price and a large library of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GarH

Game | Vote
    Arkham Asylum | 1
    Boulder Dash | 1
    Castlevania | 1
    Colin McRae | 1
    Destruction Derby | 1
    Deus Ex | 1
    DIRT | 1
    Elite | 1
    Far Cry 3 | 1
    Final Fantasy VIII | 1
    Fina Fantasy IX | 1
    G-Police | 1
    GTA San Andreas | 1
    GTA Vice City | 1
    Mass Effect 2 | 1
    Metal Gear Solid | 2
    MGS Snake Eater | 1
    Pro Evolution Soccer | 1
    Red Dead Redemption | 1
    Syphon Filter | 1
    Uncharted | 2
    Uncharted 2 | 1

I spent hours every day playing Elite on the Amiga.
    In fact I wish I was playing it right now instead of typing this.
    But on PS3 it has to be Uncharted 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Each of the three PlayStations have had one game which has made me re-assess everything I understood that games were capable of. Those games were Metal Gear Solid, Grand Theft Auto III and Journey.

I'd be tempted to choose one of those for how they all seemed to rip up the rule book (at least to me). However I'm going to go for a game which built on one of those games and somehow managed to be even better. Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence is my favourite PlayStation game ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Otacon wrote: »
    Metal Gear Solid is my pick. It was the game that turned this mere pastime of mine into a full-on hobby.

Also, with a username like mine, what else was it going to be!?

Same here , has to be mgs .

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Updated

Game | Vote
    Arkham Asylum | 1
    Boulder Dash | 1
    Castlevania | 1
    Colin McRae | 1
    Destruction Derby | 1
    Deus Ex | 1
    DIRT | 1
    Elite | 1
    Far Cry 3 | 1
    Final Fantasy VII | 1
    Final Fantasy VIII | 1
    Final Fantasy IX | 1
    God of War (Trilogy) | 1
    G-Police | 1
    GTA San Andreas | 1
    GTA Vice City | 2
    Infamous | 1
    Mass Effect 2 | 1
    Metal Gear Solid | 4
    MGS Snake Eater | 1
    MGS 3 Subsistence | 1
    Micro Machines V3 | 1
    Pro Evolution Soccer | 1
    Red Dead Redemption | 1
    Syphon Filter | 1
    Uncharted | 2
    Uncharted 2 | 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Dont mean to be that guy, but theres two votes for Micro Machines V3. Posts #20 and #37 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

Red Dead Redemption - A simply beautiful game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

Ghost n Goblins was a great game, I wonder if I can get it for my Samsung 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Micro Machines was just about perfect for me.

I LOVED the old Tomb Raider games, been a fan of them all since.

Updated, updated

Game | Vote
    Arkham Asylum | 1
    Boulder Dash | 1
    Castlevania | 1
    Colin McRae | 1
    Destruction Derby | 1
    Deus Ex | 1
    DIRT | 1
    Elite | 1
    Far Cry 3 | 1
    Final Fantasy VII | 1
    Final Fantasy VIII | 1
    Final Fantasy IX | 1
    Ghost 'n Goblins | 1
    God of War (Trilogy) | 1
    G-Police | 1
    GTA San Andreas | 1
    GTA Vice City | 2
    Infamous | 1
    Mass Effect 2 | 1
    Metal Gear Solid | 4
    MGS Snake Eater | 1
    MGS 3 Subsistence | 1
    Micro Machines V3 | 3
    Pro Evolution Soccer | 1
    Red Dead Redemption | 3
    Syphon Filter | 1
    Uncharted | 2
    Uncharted 2 | 1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Should Snake Eater and Subsistence not be classed as one game? It's just a tweaked version of the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Marsden

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Should Snake Eater and Subsistence not be classed as one game? It's just a tweaked version of the original.
    Dead right beefy, taltos, your relived of your command. Turn in your moderator badge and gun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Marsden wrote: »
    Turn in your moderator badge and gun.

Are you referring to the hooker-request button and the coke squirt gun?

Those buttons do nothing - pressing them all the time but nothing happens...

<updating my sig to - demodded for messing up Metal Gear>

• Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭Damien360

I would be curious to know how many of you remember Turrican on the C64. My personal favorite of all time.

I loved the game and invested a lot of time on this but alas I was looking back with tinted glasses. I downloaded an emulator and played it again. Blocky but at the time it was the first scroller that seemed as large vertically as it was horizontally. But it was not limited to one way scrolling, you could go back and explore the entire level during play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

I've been thinking about this since this thread was started. I loved all the GTA's (except San Andreas), Cod's, Fifa's or Pro Ev's (see sawing over the years), but my favourite ever has to be Golden Eye on the N64!

Countless days of my teenage years were spent playing deathmatch against my mates on a 21" tv with a 4 way split screen, dreaming of the future when we could all play, and not be able to see each others' screens!

Loved it so much, I wouldn't get the re-release on the PS3, for fear it would ruin it. For me, it was the pre-runner for all CoD's and Battlefields etc!

Game | Vote
    Arkham Asylum | 1
    Boulder Dash | 1
    Castlevania | 1
    Colin McRae | 1
    Destruction Derby | 1
    Deus Ex | 1
    DIRT | 1
    Elite | 1
    Far Cry 3 | 1
    Final Fantasy VII | 1
    Final Fantasy VIII | 1
    Final Fantasy IX | 1
    Ghost 'n Goblins | 1
    God of War (Trilogy) | 1
    Golden Eye | 1
    G-Police | 1
    GTA San Andreas | 1
    GTA Vice City | 2
    Infamous | 1
    Mass Effect 2 | 1
    Metal Gear Solid | 4
    MGS Snake Eater | 1
    MGS 3 Subsistence | 1
    Micro Machines V3 | 3
    Pro Evolution Soccer | 1
    Red Dead Redemption | 3
    Syphon Filter | 1
    Uncharted | 2
    Uncharted 2 | 1

• Registered Users Posts: 29,048 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Damien360 wrote: »
    I would be curious to know how many of you remember Turrican on the C64. My personal favorite of all time.

I loved the game and invested a lot of time on this but alas I was looking back with tinted glasses. I downloaded an emulator and played it again. Blocky but at the time it was the first scroller that seemed as large vertically as it was horizontally. But it was not limited to one way scrolling, you could go back and explore the entire level during play.
    infacteh wrote: »
    I've been thinking about this since this thread was started. I loved all the GTA's (except San Andreas), Cod's, Fifa's or Pro Ev's (see sawing over the years), but my favourite ever has to be Golden Eye on the N64!

Countless days of my teenage years were spent playing deathmatch against my mates on a 21" tv with a 4 way split screen, dreaming of the future when we could all play, and not be able to see each others' screens!

Loved it so much, I wouldn't get the re-release on the PS3, for fear it would ruin it. For me, it was the pre-runner for all CoD's and Battlefields etc!

Think this is just games that were on Playstation. Makes the decision a bit easier to make. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I won a PS1 from TodayFM along with 10 games back in 2000-ish? Coming into gaming late - I loved it, but could never afford a console, I was mightily impressed, even by Simpsons wrestling:eek:
    But, the reason I will always remember that PS1 was the jaw-dropping games that came with it.....MGS, Colin McRae and Gran Turismo.
    Hogs of War which I still have, will also have a special place, as Rik Mayall's voices on it were really funny.

I think I must be the only person alive that liked Prototype, but they would be up there too.

Winner? By a very tight margin - Colin McRae.

Worst ever - Pro Evo 8(?) The one that wouldn't go online.........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

What would you consider to be the best rpg game this gen? Dragons Dogma or Skyrim? Or something else?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

shuffles03 wrote: »
    What would you consider to be the best rpg game this gen? Dragons Dogma or Skyrim? Or something else?

On a playstation platform it has to be a toss up between Persona 4, Valkyria Chronicles and Tactics Ogre. Those other two don't even come close.

For the entirety of this gen I'd add Xenoblade, Last Story, Etrian Odyssey 3, Radiant Historia, Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey and the Witcher 2 to that list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭theUbiq

Dark Souls. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Tombi! on Playstation One will always be my favourite game, it was such a weird obscure funny game, nice to be able to play it on my Vita now.

Surprised there is no love yet for Suikoden or Okami.

Advertisement